Go to Post If it's the loss of American lives that concerns the nation, why not campaign aggressively against smoking, or improve automobile safety? At least then, the benefits will be tangible, and substantially more significant to the well being of the locals. - Tristan Lall [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2004, 04:33 PM
FRC #0047 (Chief Delphi)

CD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond repute
pic: Closeup of the robot hanging on robot

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2004, 04:35 PM
Custom User Title
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
Tom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tom Bottiglieri
Re: pic: Closeup of the robot hanging on robot

this was a very close match. my team was the alliance captain that was with team 11 (robot hanging on 237) We didnt know what the judges were gonna call on this one, but it turned out it was illegal to hang on another bot.

BTW congrats to 237 for a great bot, winning NJ, and thanks for all the help this year.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2004, 04:36 PM
Strategery Captain
#0237 (See-ho-bots)
Team Role: Scout

Trinora will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Trinora Send a message via MSN to Trinora Send a message via Yahoo to Trinora

To be honest, our entire team was terrified of MORT, and rightly so. You guys had a great bot. Still, this is the first time I've seen a close up, and.. Well. At least we know the arm can take a beating.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2004, 04:49 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
NYC FIRST Planning Committee Member
no team (NYC FIRST)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
Rich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rich Wong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinora
To be honest, our entire team was terrified of MORT, and rightly so. You guys had a great bot. Still, this is the first time I've seen a close up, and.. Well. At least we know the arm can take a beating.
That match was one of the best battles I witnessed at NJ for King of the Bar.
I hope someone took a video of it. We were all watching from the side with excitment! That's why I grab my camera knowing very well it was a close call.

MORT was awesome and terrifying to be able to force it's way on to the platform and grab some real estate of the bar. It just missed the bar by a couple of inches.
Please help feed the hungry.

Last edited by Rich Wong : 03-07-2004 at 05:19 PM.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2004, 04:51 PM
Custom User Title
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)

Tom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tom Bottiglieri

i have a vid of it..., but my advisor has the tape. I will try to get something posted on my site on monday
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2004, 04:58 PM
Custom User Title
AKA: Doug
FRC #2234
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2000
westfalia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to westfalia

I can imagine that pretty much every match 237 is in, there's gonna be a big battle to get onto that bar! Kudos to you guys- I think all of us wanted to have your kind of hook, but only a few could do it! I look forward to being in a match with almost every robot I saw at the NJ regional. (I was there with a few members of my team, scouting.)

Former 341 team member... Now attending Drexel University and mentoring team 2234!
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Its been awhile.....
FRC #0237 (Black Magic Robotics)

Ted Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeTed Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeTed Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeTed Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeTed Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeTed Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeTed Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeTed Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeTed Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeTed Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeTed Boucher has a reputation beyond repute

In about every match that we had against hanging robots their stragegy would be to attack us and or get onto the bar before we could get up. That match is the best match that stands out in my mind when I think of the competition. If they drive left I would drive the shimmy to the left. If they drove to the right I would drive and meet them with the shimmy on the right. They finally desided to give up the chanse of fake us out and grab hold of our hook.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2004, 05:20 PM
#0011 (BASF)

Phil Roth is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Phil Roth Send a message via Yahoo to Phil Roth

Our drive team did a great job of getting us up there. After working out a few kinks, we battled back from last place beginning of Saturday to getting into the semi finals thanks to Team 195 picking us as an alliance partner. ( thanks #195 !!! ).
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2004, 07:50 PM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Rookie Year: 2001
Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock

Why does my long posts never work right... arghh.

I have more to post on this subject, but will just post a picture since my computer stinks at the time being!!

Here is a closeup of our Shimmy though!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PDR_0346mod.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	1960  

#10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2004, 08:31 PM
#0011 (BASF)

Phil Roth is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Phil Roth Send a message via Yahoo to Phil Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgin Clock
Why does my long posts never work right... arghh.

I have more to post on this subject, but will just post a picture since my computer stinks at the time being!!

Here is a closeup of our Shimmy though!
I hope that missing chunk of metal wasn't caused by our hook. LOL.

just kidding!!! The thought never crossed my mind to roll on the bar. My compliments on a truly unique, simple and clever approach.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2004, 08:41 PM
MORT Driver
AKA: Blake K.
#0011 (MORT)
Team Role: Driver

Ilyushin269 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Ilyushin269 Send a message via MSN to Ilyushin269

My congrats to team 237. Great work at controlling the bar... My fakeouts did work though, from what I am told I am the only "enemy" to get on the bar while you guys are hanging. Too bad our arm isnt too fast at going up to attach.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2004, 08:49 PM
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Roth
I hope that missing chunk of metal wasn't caused by our hook. LOL.

just kidding!!! The thought never crossed my mind to roll on the bar. My compliments on a truly unique, simple and clever approach.
Missing chunk of metal?? What do you mean?

#13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2004, 08:57 PM
#0316 (LuNaTeCs)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2002
JoshJ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JoshJ

Hey Team 237- I've said b4, but that is a wicked arm. I was wondering, though, from my viewpoint in the stands, it looked like you would always shimmy across the bar b4 pulling urselves the rest of the way up to hang. Am i losing it, or is there something behind that?
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2004, 09:12 PM
Its been awhile.....
FRC #0237 (Black Magic Robotics)

Ted Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeTed Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeTed Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeTed Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeTed Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeTed Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeTed Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeTed Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeTed Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeTed Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeTed Boucher has a reputation beyond repute

Basicly it looks cool when we do it and we can defend the bar a little bit faster

Also (i forgot to include this in my last post) i send my congrats to the drivers of team 11 on the attempt to get on the bar that time, if I slipped up or there was more time you could of gotten up.

Last edited by Ted Boucher : 03-08-2004 at 01:53 PM.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2004, 10:51 PM
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshJ
Hey Team 237- I've said b4, but that is a wicked arm. I was wondering, though, from my viewpoint in the stands, it looked like you would always shimmy across the bar b4 pulling urselves the rest of the way up to hang. Am i losing it, or is there something behind that?
Also, since our arm pulls itself up pneumatically (very slow), it allows maybe a little faster time to pull itself up, if we get all our wheels off the ground faster by moving them back and forth. I don't know if it works or makes a huge difference in time, but like Ted said, it looks cool too!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: