OCCRA
Go to Post Those four stages will most likely be supplanted with the more aptly named phased approach: "Don't Panic", "Consider Panicing" and "Why havent we been panicing?" - Dan Richardson [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Rules/Strategy
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-17-2004, 12:32 AM
no team
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2000
Pierson is a glorious beacon of lightPierson is a glorious beacon of lightPierson is a glorious beacon of lightPierson is a glorious beacon of lightPierson is a glorious beacon of lightPierson is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Pierson
Must Return Spare Parts to Small Parts?

At the conclusion of the PNW Regional, the Small Parts volunteer came around to each pit with a list of everything each team had signed our from the spare parts table. He promptly collected everything back from Victor's (which I understand why) to the little LED Light Panels. I believe he was collecting everything that had been given out over the 3 days.

Did I miss the "You must return everything you borrow rule" or is this something new?

Or, did this happen only at our Portland Regional?
Join in on these fun threads:
Three Worded Story
Word Association
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-17-2004, 01:01 AM
Grammar Curmudgeon
AKA: gwross
FRC #0330 (Beach 'Bots)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1998
Greg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Greg Ross Send a message via Yahoo to Greg Ross
Re: Must Return Spare Parts to Small Parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peciv
Did I miss the "You must return everything you borrow rule" or is this something new?
Isn't that what "borrow" means?
ôLife should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" Hunter S. Thompson
"Playing a practical joke means doing something mean and calling it funny." Me
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-17-2004, 01:04 AM
\: |
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
FotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to FotoPlasma

Were they asking for mainly IFI equipment back, or did they ask for things like motors and other kit components? I worked the Spare Parts counter at LA, last year, and the only thing we needed to have returned were IFI Robot Controllers. A good amount of lights (not the newfangled LEDs) were on hand, as well. Well, we never had to give out a Victor, so maybe that would have been standard operating procedure, as well.

2001-2004: Team 258, The Sea Dawgs
2005: Team 1693, The Robo Lobos
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-17-2004, 01:07 AM
b(o_o)d
FRC #1525 (Warbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Matt Adams has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Adams has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Adams has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Adams has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Adams has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Adams has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Adams has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Adams has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Adams has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Adams has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Adams has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Matt Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peciv
I believe he was collecting everything that had been given out over the 3 days.
As best I can tell, if you were able to swap motors that failed, you could get them for free. Our van door motor died at the GLR, and we got a replacement for it, which we did not have to return. However, we did have to give back the failed motor.

IFI items I think are on a borrow only basis.

Matt

eek... post 200... goodness gracious.

Last edited by Matt Adams : 03-17-2004 at 01:17 AM.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-17-2004, 01:15 AM
no team
Team Role: College Student

Pierson is a glorious beacon of lightPierson is a glorious beacon of lightPierson is a glorious beacon of lightPierson is a glorious beacon of lightPierson is a glorious beacon of lightPierson is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Pierson

Maybe I need to clarify my initial statement, unless I have been missing things over the past 4 years, this is the first year that the spare parts people have asked for most everything to be returned.
Join in on these fun threads:
Three Worded Story
Word Association
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-17-2004, 07:57 AM
no team

KenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond repute

I think that guy made a mistake - they only lend out RCs and OI and other major componets, but you can also buy parts that are on hand if they have enough

taking back the team color led panels? that silly! Those things were getting smashed all day - I hope they have a crate of them somewhere for the rest of the events!
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-17-2004, 10:42 AM
no team

Matt is on a distinguished road

I think it is only certain components. We were not asked to bring back the banner senors. We did have to give back the victor we borrowed. It all depends on how many they have and the worth.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-17-2004, 07:52 PM
I live for the details.
FRC #3620 (Average Joes)

Rookie Year: 1996
Richard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenWittlief
I think that guy made a mistake - they only lend out RCs and OI and other major componets, but you can also buy parts that are on hand if they have enough

taking back the team color led panels? that silly! Those things were getting smashed all day - I hope they have a crate of them somewhere for the rest of the events!
No, they don't have a crate of them.

At STL there were no spare team color LED panels available. If you were lucky enough to have spares available at a regional event that you attended, then I would hope you would be gracious enough to return any that you borrowed.
Mentor since 2002 for FRC 931 Perpetual Chaos (St. Louis, Missouri)
since 2003

I believe in intuition and inspiration. Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution. It is, strictly speaking, a real factor in scientific research.
(Cosmic Religion : With Other Opinions and Aphorisms (1931) by Albert Einstein, p. 97
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-17-2004, 09:27 PM
no team

KenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond repute

in previous years the expensive innovation FIRST parts that were being lent out were painted red - you could spot them a mile away
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2004, 10:19 PM
Post-A-Holic
Team Role: Webmaster

Rookie Year: 2002
Roland is infamous around these partsRoland is infamous around these partsRoland is infamous around these parts

Actually, they were bright orange.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	orange-01.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	2008  
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2004, 08:34 AM

Andrew is a name known to allAndrew is a name known to allAndrew is a name known to allAndrew is a name known to allAndrew is a name known to allAndrew is a name known to all

I remember having to pay for some spare parts (drill motor gear boxes) as far back as 2000. I know in STL, they made an announcement that they would be billing your credit card if you did not return parts (for those that they required a CC to check out).

As for the blinky lights, they run about $12 from IFI. A crate of them per regional would be pretty expensive. And, they seem to be a fairly consumable item.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: