Go to Post I would like to meet...Andy Baker: I've never met a pig farmer before... - MissInformation [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Championship Event
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #46   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-20-2004, 11:59 PM
Totally Sweet... Man
FRC #0177 (Bobcat Robotics)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2001
David Bridge will become famous soon enoughDavid Bridge will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to David Bridge
Re: Best robots at Nationals

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougHogg
We released the balls for both teams in our first Galileo quarter finals, filling Team 177's basket for them. We then lost that match 150 to 140 (with both stationary goals capped). In our next match, we got it right, but, althought we did cap the goal, 177 played the best defensive game that we had run into and prevented us from hanging.
You can't begin to imagine the strategy that went into those two matches. We were dreading having to go up against you guys in the first round. We took a big chance betting that you guys would hit the ten point ball for us, if you hadn't I think we all know what would have happened... Great robot guys
  #47   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-21-2004, 09:59 AM
AKA: Melissa

HalloweenDMB is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to HalloweenDMB

I agree, 980 was an awesome robot. When i had to scout them my mouth was wide open. Their team members are awesome too. We're so lucky they picked us.

Melissa

Aegrl189@aol.com
  #48   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-21-2004, 11:59 AM
AKA: Nichole Gailes
#0716 (Who'sCTEKS)
Team Role: Human Player

LiTtLeSiS716 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to LiTtLeSiS716
Thumbs up Archimdes

Hey I wanted to say congratulations to teams, 71, 494, Robo dogs for winning nationals. I would also like to say what a great job our partners 45, 1272 did. For rookies you guys are awesome, what an amazing first year you guys had. Both teams had a great drive team and we really had a great time working with you. Thank you for a great competition. Congratulations see you all in the offseason.
  #49   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-21-2004, 03:46 PM
"Can I touch your hair?"
AKA: Becca
#0870 (Team RICE)
Team Role: Operator

Rookie Year: 2003
RiceRobotica will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to RiceRobotica Send a message via MSN to RiceRobotica

I don't think I could single out any one robot from archimedes. We all did an awesome job and I know I had a great time watching them while waiting for matches. Maybe, I believe, 1369 or 1396. One of them had to build their robot in ONE DAY and it turned out to be one of the best herders! I really wish I could remember which of them it was, but their pits were right next to eachother and the numbers are so close that I can't remember. Along with being a great bot, they were a great team. They were always ahead of us in the queuing line and I had the pleasure of watching them, waiting for my match. Their spirit, intensity and sense of fun was astounding considering the circumstances. Could somebody tell me which team it really was?

Good job to everybody! Archi-!! -Medes!!! We all did a great job!

Machinist and Strategist/Drive Team Mentor

870 Team RICE

2003 UTC New England Regional Johnson & Johnson Sportsmanship Award winners
2003 SPBLI Regional Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers Entrepreneurship Award winners
2003 SPBLI Regional Champions
2004 SPBLI Xerox Creativity Award winners
  #50   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Itinerant Programmer
AKA: Hey dad...Father...MARK
FRC #0358 (Robotic Eagles)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2002
Mark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceRobotica
... 1369 or 1396. One of them had to build their robot in ONE DAY and it turned out to be one of the best herders! I really wish I could remember which of them it was, ...

The team numbers were so close that the announcer mixed them up a few times. Including Friday morning when they were trying to rebuild a transmission and suddenly thought they had to be on the field.

Last edited by Mark McLeod : 04-21-2004 at 03:55 PM.
  #51   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-21-2004, 04:34 PM
"Can I touch your hair?"
#0870 (Team RICE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McLeod

The team numbers were so close that the announcer mixed them up a few times. Including Friday morning when they were trying to rebuild a transmission and suddenly thought they had to be on the field.
That stinks. Yeah, my friend and I wanted to give them hugs because we thought they definately deserved them. I ended up hugging a Minotaur, not remembering that it was two different teams. Well, I made some guy happy with on that team

870 Team RICE

2003 SPBLI Regional Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers Entrepreneurship Award winners
  #52   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-21-2004, 04:42 PM
its spelled *ya'll*, not *y'all*
AKA: Roger Riquelme
FRC #3259 (Thoroughbots)
Team Role: Teacher

RogerR has a reputation beyond reputeRogerR has a reputation beyond reputeRogerR has a reputation beyond reputeRogerR has a reputation beyond reputeRogerR has a reputation beyond reputeRogerR has a reputation beyond reputeRogerR has a reputation beyond reputeRogerR has a reputation beyond reputeRogerR has a reputation beyond reputeRogerR has a reputation beyond reputeRogerR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RogerR Send a message via MSN to RogerR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceRobotica
That stinks. Yeah, my friend and I wanted to give them hugs because we thought they definately deserved them. I ended up hugging a Minotaur, not remembering that it was two different teams. Well, I made some guy happy with on that team
lol, so that hug wasn't intended for me? oh well, better than nothin', i guess...
i found it kinda distressing how many people got us mixed up. i thought our robot looked pretty good, but apperently it looked like something that coulda been built in one day (assuming you had a CNC, 20 spur gears, a crapload of bearings, and a 24" stroke cylinder lying around...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McLeod

it wasn't much better for us. we were sitting in our pit waiting for our match to be called (wondering why they were so late) when they went from "team 1396 final call" to "team 1369 final FINAL call". the funny thing was that someone had just asked me (seconds before) if we'd been called yet, and i had told them that i was sure that we hadn't. woops...

my top five would probably be 64, 121, 67, 25, 494. see my complete list here

"But to say that the race is a metaphor for life is to miss the point. The race is everything. It obliterates whatever isn't racing. Life is a metaphor for the race." -- Donald Antrim

Last edited by RogerR : 04-21-2004 at 05:03 PM.
  #53   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-21-2004, 04:50 PM
ellenchisa

The best autonomous modes I thought were 980 and 190 hands down... although I never got to see 190 in person, only on video.

Otherwise, Galileo: 980 (capping) , 177 (balls) , and 93 (ball drop catching) were consistently impressive. 868 and 1305 each hung in at least 6 of the qualifying rounds.

Archimedes: 111 (capping and hanging), 33 (balls and hanging), 45 (balls and capping for the most part), 71 (the capping while hanging thing is still just plain awesome...), and I still love 1241.

Newton: HOT bot (67) will always be my favorite bot from watching the finals over there so much fun to watch with all the different things they did.

Curie I didn't get to see

Hard to choose just a few BEST robots when there were so many good ones...
  #54   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-21-2004, 06:26 PM
"Can I touch your hair?"
#0870 (Team RICE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR
lol, so that hug wasn't intended for me? oh well, better than nothin', i guess...
Aww, I'm sorry. But it was nice giving you a hug anyway. I probably would have ended up hugging you at one point later on for one reason or another.

870 Team RICE

#55   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2004, 08:31 AM
Itinerant Programmer
AKA: Hey dad...Father...MARK
FRC #0358 (Robotic Eagles)

Mark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR
it wasn't much better for us. we were sitting in our pit waiting for our match to be called (wondering why they were so late) when they went from "team 1396 final call" to "team 1369 final FINAL call". the funny thing was that someone had just asked me (seconds before) if we'd been called yet, and i had told them that i was sure that we hadn't. woops...
That must have been quite a sprint to get to the Archimedes field in time!
I tried a couple of times to walk around to the Archimedes field in time to catch a match and found the match had been played and the robots had already returned to the pits.

I think you deserved your hug.
  #56   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2004, 05:06 PM
Dr.Bot

I was ref at Curie - the robots that stood out were 233, 47, 312 and 190 of course. I also liked Children of the swamp. 175 and their alliance were pretty amazing, but I think Buzz got a couple of bad close calls because of their hanging mechanism design - I think that made them decide not to hang or put much effort into hanging - if they had they might of ended up winning it all.
  #57   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2004, 05:46 PM
FRC #3719 (Whaler Robotics)

Aaron is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampdude
I don't recall ever being shocked by a robot. But 190 definitely me. We were waiting for our match to start and I saw a match start with them without prior knoledge of what they did. As I saw them go on the ramp from the front in Auto, I thought to my self, "whoops". But then it got past the stationary goal "after bumping into the pvc and ....
I have to agree with u dude. 190 was a great robot. It had a perfect atonomous mode. PERFECT. i'm so glad that we were able to pick u guys. I wish we could have done better and betten Buzz. O well, there's always next year. I cant wait to see what 190 comes up with, there robot has definately put them in the catagory of robots to watch out for and admire.

Team 3719
2014 ???

Team 1493
2007 UTC Connecticut Regional 2nd Seed and Semi- Finalist

Team 11
2005 New Jersey Regional Chairmans Award Winners
2005 Palmetto Autodesk Visualization Award Winners
2005 Palmetto Judges Award Winner
2004 Palmetto Regional winners of DiamlerChrysler Team Spirit Award
2004 Palmetto Regional Winners(281, 11, 122)
2004 Nationals Curie Division 5th seed (11, 190, 179)
2002 J&J MidAtlantic Regional Finalists
2002 Canadian Regional winners of the Xerox Creativity award
  #58   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2004, 09:45 PM
Chase perfection. Catch excellence.
AKA: Let's bring CD back to the way it used to be
FRC #0125 (NU-TRONs, Team #11 Alumni (GO MORT))

Brandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Holley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron
I have to agree with u dude. 190 was a great robot. It had a perfect atonomous mode. PERFECT. i'm so glad that we were able to pick u guys. I wish we could have done better and betten Buzz. O well, there's always next year. I cant wait to see what 190 comes up with, there robot has definately put them in the catagory of robots to watch out for and admire.
yes most definetly

NUTRONs (Team 125) '05-???
2007 Boston Regional Winners
2008 & 2009 Boston Regional Driving Tomorrow's Technology Award
2010 Boston Regional Creativity Award
2011 Bayou Regional Finalists (3rd seed), Innovation in Control Award, Boston Regional Finalists (2nd seed), Industrial Design Award
2012 New York City Regional Winners, Boston Regional Finalists (2nd Seed), IRI Mentor of the Year
2013 Orlando Regional Finalists (2nd seed), Industrial Design Award, Boston Regional Winners (1st seed), Pine Tree Regional Finalists
2014 Rhode Island District Winners, Excellence in Engineering Award
2014 Northeastern University District Winners Undefeated 18-0 (1st seed), Industrial Design Award
  #59   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-23-2004, 02:15 AM
Robot-A-Holic
FRC #0980 (The ThunderBots)
Team Role: Coach

DougHogg has much to be proud ofDougHogg has much to be proud ofDougHogg has much to be proud ofDougHogg has much to be proud ofDougHogg has much to be proud ofDougHogg has much to be proud ofDougHogg has much to be proud ofDougHogg has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalloweenDMB
I agree, 980 was an awesome robot. When i had to scout them my mouth was wide open. Their team members are awesome too. We're so lucky they picked us.

Melissa
Hey, we were lucky that you agreed. You had an amazingly fast robot with great hanging/decapping capabilities.

We certainly had an exciting match together. Losing by 1 ball is no disgrace in my book. One of our mentors told me that 2 balls went out the back of our goal.

Hope to partner with you folks again and take it all the way next time!

Thanks also to Team 971. Very reliable hanger, and really fast getting onto the platform. I loved those swivelling track drives. (We could have used some of those.)
Championship Event: Galileo 2nd seed,
IRI: Competition Winner, Cal Games: Competition Winner
2005: Arizona: 1st seed
Silicon Valley: Regional Champion (Thanks Teams 254 and 22)
S. California: Regional Runners Up (Thanks Teams 22 and 968)
  #60   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2004, 09:12 AM
Drive Train
FRC #0011 (MORT)
Team Role: Alumni

Berserker is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Berserker Send a message via MSN to Berserker Send a message via Yahoo to Berserker

there were many great robots at nats...but 16, 25, 33, 45, 47, 71, 111, 175, 190, 222, 237, 303 and many many many others....these are just the ones that stick out in my mind
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: