Go to Post Our coolant system consists of a freshman with a squirt bottle. - Holtzman [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > Robot Showcase
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 08:41 AM
FRC #0047 (Chief Delphi)

CD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond repute
pic: 1396 One-Day Robot

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 08:47 AM
Coach 4026
FRC #4026 (Global Dynamics)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1997
Jeremy Roberts has a brilliant futureJeremy Roberts has a brilliant futureJeremy Roberts has a brilliant futureJeremy Roberts has a brilliant futureJeremy Roberts has a brilliant futureJeremy Roberts has a brilliant futureJeremy Roberts has a brilliant futureJeremy Roberts has a brilliant futureJeremy Roberts has a brilliant futureJeremy Roberts has a brilliant futureJeremy Roberts has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Jeremy Roberts
Re: pic: 1396 One-Day Robot

To all on 1396:

You guys were great. I had the pleasure of being up on stage with you guys for a match. Despite the problems you had with your bot the drivers, coach and human player were high spirited and fun to work with. Congrats on your Championship Judges award and hope to see you guys again next year.
Engineer/Mentor 4026
Former teams: 132, 608, 832, 1002, 1848
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 09:05 AM
Itinerant Programmer
AKA: Hey dad...Father...MARK
FRC #0358 (Robotic Eagles)

Rookie Year: 2002
Mark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the 10 hour robot Team 1396 built on Thursday.

The story is posted elsewhere, but I'll repeat it here.

Team 1396 arrived on Thursday to an empty pit.
No crate!
They frantically began tracking down where their crate was. It had arrived in Atlanta, but through a paperwork mixup the robot had been re-shipped. The Team finally received a phone call late Thursday night from home telling them their robot had re-appeared on the school loading dock.

In the meantime, without wasting time waiting for the crate to be found the students proceeded to build a second robot. 1396 had brought Bosch intended to be used to rebuilt their arm and parts to rebuild their drivetrain. FIRST Spare Parts dumped victors, spikes, joysticks, compressor, pneumatics, and other parts needed to put a robot together. Surrounding teams came over all day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday contributing parts like the Robot Controller along with their expertise and labor to help 1396 get that robot up and running in time to compete on Friday.

They finished Archimedes in 33 place with a 4-3-0 record and received a Judges Award! Discovery Channel followed them around and did a story on them.

I'm proud of the way FIRST teams got together and helped get this team back on their feet , and I feel very privileged to know the members of Team 1396 who didn't allow such a potential tragedy to conquer their spirit or defeat them. They simply rose to the challenge and did what had to be done, and in the process probably had the best time possible at Nationals!

Last edited by Mark McLeod : 04-19-2004 at 04:20 PM.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 09:54 AM
AKA: Ari
FRC #0108 (SigmaC@T)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
Arefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Arefin Bari Send a message via AIM to Arefin Bari Send a message via MSN to Arefin Bari Send a message via Yahoo to Arefin Bari

awesome job 1396... and the bot looks cool too... wish if i could stop by and check that new bot out... good luck and hope to see ya next year...
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 10:20 AM
8 Seasons and as stable as ever
AKA: Working, 2/4 degrees complete still schooling...
FRC #1740 (The Cyber Colonels)

Rookie Year: 1999
Xufer is a splendid one to beholdXufer is a splendid one to beholdXufer is a splendid one to beholdXufer is a splendid one to beholdXufer is a splendid one to beholdXufer is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Xufer Send a message via MSN to Xufer Send a message via Yahoo to Xufer

That really was a great job, you pulled it together and built robot after your's was shipped home. I was really amazed at all the hardwork everyone put in to it and i was glad to see you guys out on the field!!

If saftey is first and i put FIRST ahead of everything, then i must be the safest guy in the world.

Team 521 Alumni -- Team 1740 Mentor-- Go Go 1740!
Sometimes I think I've been doing this too long and other times I think I haven't done this enough... but all the times I'm sure I'm crazy
Photonics, It's Your Future
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 10:41 AM
no team

KenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond repute

that is the coolest thing, A new first for FIRST

but im worried now

this is gonna be fuel for procrastinators

I can hear some teams now - "we dont need to start building the robot until the last week - didnt you hear about that team at the championship who built there bot in one day"

in fact, we could just ship the KOP and build it when we get there

but seriously - what you have done sets a new example for Can-Do spirit
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 11:01 AM
BSEE, MSEE, JD in progress
AKA: employed
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
Stephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Stephen Kowski Send a message via Skype™ to Stephen Kowski

wow when it rained it poured for this team....we were right next to them in the pits. They were leaving for a match, took the robot off their table, took no more than two steps away when the entire table crashed to the floor....batteries, chargers, a SOLDERING IRON that was on still....it was pretty bad looking....gj guys you put in a lot of solid work.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 11:20 AM
Unsung FIRST Hero
NYC FIRST Planning Committee Member
no team (NYC FIRST)

Rookie Year: 1999
Rich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rich Wong
Thumbs up Re: pic: 1396 One-Day Robot

1396 (Tottenville HS, SI) is a ROOKIE NYC team.
If it wasn't for all the great FIRST teams helping at the Championship Pit,
it would have be a disaster and a horrific experience for these rookies.

From all the other NYC FIRST Teams, a big “THANK YOU” to all the teams who gave their time and parts to help 1396. All of you show exactly what FIRST is all about.

BTW- that's a cool looking robot, especially in 10 hours.
Please help feed the hungry.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 02:51 PM
FRC #0237

Rookie Year: 2003
JohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats.. Thats what it's all about. Way to go
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 04:02 PM
Win Anyway.
AKA: @WmLeverette, @GarnetSq, @SCRIW...
FRC #4901 (Garnet Squadron)

Rookie Year: 2004
Billfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond repute

I saw this robot on Archimedes a few times, and it got better every time I saw it.

Any team that can get something running that fast deserves respect. And I bet if they had another day or two, they coulda been hanging!
Billfred's World Tour: USC Kickoff Palmetto CMP Robot Rodeo Manchester Kickoff Florida Palmetto CMP Capital Clash USC Kickoff FVC Orangeburg Florida Peachtree Palmetto CMP Mission Mayhem Exploding Bacon Vex Event Duel on the Delaware CalGames USC Kickoff Florida Chesapeake Palmetto CMP BattleCry Mission Mayhem Brunswick Eruption 6 Clemson Kickoff Chesapeake Palmetto CMP IRI TNT Greenville Tech Scrimmage Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI GRITS TNT Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto CMP IRI TNT SCRIW Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto Championship IRI SCRIW II Chapin Kickoff Palmetto South Florida IRI SCRIW III Chapin Kickoff SC FTC CMP Palmetto SC FLL CMP Orlando CMP IRI? SCRIW IV (48,749.9 miles)

Rule #1: Do not die. Rule #2: Be respectful. Rule #3: Be safe. Rule #4: Follow the handbook.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 04:11 PM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Rookie Year: 2001
Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock

I just want to say congratulations to this team and all who helped them...

AND...

I want to publicly post an apology from my team 237 for "beating" on their robot during a practice match on Thursday. In the alliance stations that first practice day, our driver wanted to try and block a team. Unfortunately they did not hear about this team's plight and chose them to try and see if we could block them. This unfortunately led to a shoving match against the "one day" bot and had a few teams asking why we "beat" on them.

Again, we are sorry for this - my whole team in the stands were yelling at our drivers to stop, but they did not hear at first.

Sorry for any harm this may have caused the robot or the team who was so much down on their luck so to speak.

And thanks to this team, for it proves that scouting is never done.. If we had gone against this team for a bio of the robot from a previous competition, then we would have been shocked on Friday and Saturday when we went against them..

#12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 04:58 PM
Battlecry...Here We Come!
AKA: "The Freshman"
#0263 (sachem aftershock)
Team Role: Operator

Rookie Year: 2002
computhief263 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to computhief263 Send a message via AIM to computhief263 Send a message via MSN to computhief263 Send a message via Yahoo to computhief263

I remember seeing this robot when i was on my way to the quaterfinals and thinking "that wasnt the same robot i saw them compete w/ at the NYC regional". It wasnt till they won the judges award that i found out the story.
Congrats to everyone on 1396 and who ever may have helped them acomplish building "the one day bot".

Also congrats on winning Rookie Allstar at NYC, and Judges award at Nats. Good luck in the future

Team Electrical/Court Jester

Proud creator of The dongle that nuked the OI, Dj in a bag, and THPD(strobe lights, a hat, a modified flashlight bulb, and a 12v B&D Firestorm™ flashlight make a good combo!)
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 05:09 PM
This is a line...
AKA: Paul
FRC #0818 (Genesis '02)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2003
IMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to IMDWalrus
Mrs

Wow...now THAT'S impressive.

One of my fondest memories from this year was helping 507 go from a chassis that wasn't moving to a functioning robot. Still...that pales in comparison to this.

Congrats to 1396 - it sounds like you managed to pull off a great thing.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 05:19 PM
FRC #0710 (Panthers)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2004
danield710 will become famous soon enoughdanield710 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to danield710

awesome job 1396, it is truly amazing that u guys built a robot in one day
congrats on winning the award
hopefully next year this wont happen again, but u did a great job this year

2005 Newton Divison 6th Seed
Quarter-Finalist (thx 395&345)
2005 UCF Regional Semi-Finalist (thx 1649&312)
2005 UCF Winner of Imagery Award
2004 UCF Regional Quarter Finalist (thx 79 & 168)
2004 UCF Winner of Johnson and Johnson Sportsmanship Award
2004 Newton Division Semi-Finalist (thx 364 &48)
2003 UCF Regional Semi-finalist (thx 267&312)
www.team710.com
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 06:37 PM
FORMER Captain now Jealous Onlooker
None #1350 (Rambot)

Paradox1350 is on a distinguished road

When the finals were starting and it was said that Archemedies was the only division with a bot that was built in one day, my teammate turned to me and said "Jee, even WE don't procrastinate THAT bad."

When the told the story of what actaully happened when presenting hte judges award, the only thing in my head was "....wow. Holy crap. Wow."

Honestly, I'm impressed. It's the single most impressive thing I've encountered in FIRST.

Though, if anyone could do it, it'd be a FIRST team.

Congrats again. I'm most impressed at how you didn't get depressed and upset, you sprang to action and built a competitive bot on Thursday.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: