OCCRA
Go to Post Do you know how, say, Native American cultures were kept? They had storytellers, sages, and the like. They passed on their legends and culture to the next generation. So will we. - EricH [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 06:52 PM
FRC #0047 (Chief Delphi)

CD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond repute
pic: "Welcome to the Georgia Dome Baby....Welcome to Atlanta Baby!"

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 06:54 PM
Just Browsing
AKA: ryan albright
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2001
Ryan Albright has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Albright has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Albright has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Albright has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Albright has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Albright has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Albright has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Albright has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Albright has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Albright has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Albright has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Ryan Albright Send a message via AIM to Ryan Albright Send a message via MSN to Ryan Albright Send a message via Yahoo to Ryan Albright
Re: pic: "Welcome to the Georgia Dome Baby....Welcome to Atlanta Baby!"

I dont care what people say...some people liked him and some people didnt. I liked him he came from thursday not knowing much about the game to getting into it and even very disappointed when Newton got knocked out. Sir Charles did a awesome job and i have alot of respect for him from his great performance this weekend
2005 Championship Safety advisor
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 07:24 PM
is getting lost in her new home
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta), #1504 (alum), #67 (alum)

Rookie Year: 2003
Beth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! That guy was so funny! I loved PAW's 710...Baby sign. On a serious note though, I have so much respect for anyone who is willing to volunteer. I have even more respect for someone willing to put themselves out there and risk public embarrasment. He tried hard and I'll tell you one thing now, he had me laughing the whole time. I have just one thing to say to him if he's on the forums. Thank you so much, you were great!
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 07:29 PM
FRC #4707 (Mentor FRC#4707 Alumni FRC#710)
Team Role: Mentor

abeD is a splendid one to beholdabeD is a splendid one to beholdabeD is a splendid one to beholdabeD is a splendid one to beholdabeD is a splendid one to beholdabeD is a splendid one to beholdabeD is a splendid one to behold

Yea Sir Charles was awesome, the vast improvement from Thursday to Saturday was great. The one thing i remember most is in the eliminations how much he got into it and got many teams in the stands on their feet cheering on there teams..Yea some people may not like his style...but to me he was great baby!!holllaaa!!!
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 07:34 PM
FRC #0710 (Panthers)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2004
danield710 will become famous soon enoughdanield710 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to danield710

Sir Charles was great, although he didnt kno much about the game at first he started to really get into it durin the last matches. Some ppl may have gotten tired of all the "its hook up time baby....baby...heloooo" but it just added more excitement to the matches.

2005 Newton Divison 6th Seed
Quarter-Finalist (thx 395&345)
2005 UCF Regional Semi-Finalist (thx 1649&312)
2005 UCF Winner of Imagery Award
2004 UCF Regional Quarter Finalist (thx 79 & 168)
2004 UCF Winner of Johnson and Johnson Sportsmanship Award
2004 Newton Division Semi-Finalist (thx 364 &48)
2003 UCF Regional Semi-finalist (thx 267&312)
www.team710.com
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 08:00 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Robot Lifeguard
FRC #1902 (Exploding Bacon)

Rookie Year: 2002
miketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to miketwalker

"There are now 180 POSSIBILITIES on the field!"
That guy was awesome. I liked his announcing. I was very amused when Gary Dillard (from 180) and I bearhugged him when he went into the crowd during finals. Very good times. I hope he sticks with the program and comes back to volunteer next year.

Co-owner of Stream Monkey
Member of Robot in 3 Days
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 08:02 PM
FRC #4707 (Mentor FRC#4707 Alumni FRC#710)

abeD is a splendid one to beholdabeD is a splendid one to beholdabeD is a splendid one to beholdabeD is a splendid one to beholdabeD is a splendid one to beholdabeD is a splendid one to beholdabeD is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketwalker
That guy was awesome. I liked his announcing. I was very amused when Gary Dillard (from 180) and I bearhugged him when he went into the crowd during finals. Very good times. I hope he sticks with the program and comes back to volunteer next year.
I actually have video of the whole time when he went into the stands and you and some others bearhugged him...good times good times...I'll see what i can do on uploading that.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 08:06 PM
iR3 Creative
AKA: Dan Richardson
no team
Team Role: Engineer

Dan Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDan Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDan Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDan Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDan Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDan Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDan Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDan Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDan Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDan Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDan Richardson has a reputation beyond repute

" Let's get it certified! Let's Get it certified! "

" Ohh Baby Its been Certified! "

" I got you baby.. I got you "

" Show me your number so I can get you a shout out "

He may have been a bit annoying on the webcast.. but in stadium he was truely amasing. He got the crowd going and they never quieted down. I have never seen soo much love for an announcer from any field at any competition. ( 4 years of nats and regionals ) When you were on the field he would pump you up and get your addrenaline flowing. He was one of my favorite announcers.

#9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 08:40 PM
Robotics Barbie (tm)
None #0710 (PAW)
Team Role: Alumni

LittleGirlGreen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketwalker

It'd be great if he came back, but y'all might have scared him a little with that hug. The full Mike can be a bit intimidating... One of my favorites would have to be the fact that he started refering to the drivers as "special teams." well, y'all are a little bit special.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 08:48 PM
Brandon Martus's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
busy.
AKA: B. Slash Kamen
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
Brandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon Martus Send a message via AIM to Brandon Martus Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon Martus Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon Martus

I had the pleasure of walking around the dome a few times with him Wednesday before the volunteer check-in. He is a very nice guy, excited about FIRST .. (everything, really). I had a good time, and all we were doing was walking around looking for an entrance. Too bad I missed his announcing
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 08:50 PM
"Rican"
#0384 (Tucker Tigers!)
Team Role: Student

RLopez is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RLopez Send a message via Yahoo to RLopez

i didnt see him in the field actually bc i was in archimedes, but the videos i saw in that division and the most thing he said that i loved is "theyre goin for da hook up baby!"
Regional Alliance Winners with 388 and 395
Cheaspeake Regional:
Regional Alliance Winners with 306 and 134
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 09:12 PM
#YoDawgSafetyFirst
FRC #4329 (Lutheran Roboteers)
Team Role: Coach

Ryan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Dognaux

Someone one our team actually started keeping a tally of how many times he said his phrases like "Going for the hook up", and I think in a span of 3 or 4 matches he said baby 37 times I personally thought he was great, it's a lot better to have an enthusiastic announcer that gets the crowd pumped. I don't think I'll ever be able to say "raising the bar" again without thinking of his announcing, which is a good thing
Team 4329 Mentor: Current
STL Off-Season Event: www.gatewayroboticschallenge.com
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 09:13 PM
#0016 (Baxter Bomb Squad)

Clell Chatman is on a distinguished road

"Is it certified baby, O its verified Baby."
"Its not over till its over, O its over baby"

I liked him even though he was a BIT repeditive he was funnie and energetic. He kept people awake at least.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 09:16 PM
D.J. Fluck

Sir Charles, Amanda Morrison, Brandon Martus and I spent about an hr or so trying to find a way around the Georgia Dome Wednesday afternoon trying to find a place to get the volunteers in. At first I thought he was giving us the tour, but later I found out he was giving the tour while touring himself

Anyway, he's a cool guy and hilarious!
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2004, 09:18 PM
GM/Kettering Mentor
FRC #0322 (F.I.R.E)

Rookie Year: 1999
Will Hanashiro is just really niceWill Hanashiro is just really niceWill Hanashiro is just really niceWill Hanashiro is just really niceWill Hanashiro is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Will Hanashiro

this guy was great.... the first day i didnt know what to think, but come saturday i couldnt get enough. i actually counted him saying baby 9 times in one match... but i was only able to watch a few. did anybody count him saying baby more than 9???

West Michigan Regional #1 Seed
2006 GLR Motorola Quality Award
2006 WMR GM Industrial Design Award

Kettering University ME Class of 2009

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: