OCCRA
Go to Post ...UFH nominations are like jello, there is always room for one more. - Barry Bonzack [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-31-2001, 08:24 PM
Forward.
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
Jessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond repute
Have you cleaned your team's storage closet lately?

I found packets of unopened light cream that came with the numerous "box of Joe"s that we bought from Dunkin Donuts right before shipping.

Kinda makes you wonder what you'll find.......
Advisor, NE FIRST
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-31-2001, 08:33 PM
A Legacy of Impact
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)

Rookie Year: 1999
David Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to David Kelly Send a message via Yahoo to David Kelly
Thumbs up Actually, thats kinda funny cause...

...we emptied out our entire closet on tuesday. It is amaising what you can find. Brand new Victors that were never used. Motors that you were looking for about 4 months ago. It's crazy that you can accumilate that much crap in 3 years and not throw it away.

2010 Boilermaker Regional

Chairman's Award, Regional Finalist
2010 Kansas City Regional
Entrepreneurship Award

2010 Championships
Autodesk Inventor Award Winner
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-31-2001, 09:23 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
VEX Robotics Engineer
AKA: John Vielkind-Neun
FRC #0148 (Robowranglers)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2000
JVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond repute
If you think 3 years of stuff is bad...

We have 10 years of junk... and treasure accumulated in our closet (a tech classroom at the High School). One day i was going through there looking for something and i come across a box labeled "the 1st, FIRST robot"...
Sure enough I popped that baby open and there she was in all her glory. The ever so humble beggining of our team... the Maize Craize bot...

Haha, i never really realized how small they used to be until i held it in my hand...

I think we have all our bots except 1... the 94 bot...

~John #250
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-31-2001, 09:47 PM
#0234 (Cyber Blue)

Jessi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Jessi
Closets

I like cleaning out closets
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-31-2001, 09:53 PM
#0234 (Cyber Blue)

Jessi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Jessi
Talking Have you cleaned out your robot storage lately

in response to davids post, i would like to say that he barely put in the amount that i ended up with on that closet and it was very messy!!!!!!

ust joking david you worked hard to. just remember noone is on the team yet. hahahahaha
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-31-2001, 11:09 PM
Jeff Wong

Unhappy Closet??

What closet???? I don't recall having a closet to put anything in. Thats right... we don't even have our own room to put stuff in. Our robot is in this little room with all the old science equipment in the basement of one of our buildings.

Jeff "in the team with absolutely nothing" Wong
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-01-2001, 07:39 AM
#0497 (Orange Crush)

Andrew Dahl is an unknown quantity at this point
cleaning out stuff

I found amazing stuff- even though this is only our second year in the comp-

4 Victors that my electronics team said were missing
a extra battery (where the heck did that come!!!)
A shoe ????
and remnants of our first robot that died a horrilbe post motrum exercise to figure out what happened!!!

dahl
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-01-2001, 08:35 AM
do you..
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
Joel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond repute
Fireplace...

Found some fireplace management equipment while cleaning our Practice Facility earlier this year...the only weird thng I saw.

Division By Zero (229) Alumni, 2003-2007
RAGE (173) Alumni, 1999-2003
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-01-2001, 08:44 AM
Never Forget FIRST 1992-2000
FRC #0146 (Blue Lightning)

Rookie Year: 1996
Justin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Justin
"Gerry's Secret Area"

Okay...

My favorite "closet" story is when I got to visit Gerry's secret area. It was 2000 and we were looking for old drill motors from previous robots (you know the typical nite before ship something blows and you are like OH CRAP!). Anyways it was my good friend Tom and I, we were Alums of the team @ this point back as "adults" and a bunch of the "shop guys." Our head advisor on the corporate side @ the time Gerry was like "you to come with me" so we followed him out to the back of the shop up on a mezanine(sp?). He then stopped us @ the top of the stairs and swore us to secrecy from the actually kids, and took us into "Gerry's Secret Area." It was a glorious place...about 3 of 4 "kit sized" bins worth of FIRST stuff spaning th years of like 93-2000. That is when I saw the 93 joysticks, and control boxes, for the first time. All kinds of stuff....not to mention the various disassembled chasis', etc. from previous robots Needless to say that the deam disband the following year and those bins of parts are now in Gerry's basement so

That's my story...

-Justin
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-01-2001, 10:14 AM
AKA: Angela (Hall) Leese
FRC #3455 (Carpe Robotum)

Rookie Year: 1998
A. Leese has a spectacular aura aboutA. Leese has a spectacular aura about
Question Closet..no closet

I was given the task last year of cleaning out our closet. I opened to the door only to have twenty small yellow and black balls from last year, three floppies, and one huge ball from our first year all fall on me. Then there were six large boxes of..well..junk that the pit crew decided belonged together in a box. At least I didn't get the job of sorting it all!
This year we don't even have a closet, but, then again, we're blessed to have a whole buidling for our usage (kudos to Mr Noel of SFHS for getting it for us). We just kinda pile stuff everywhere along the sides of the buildling. It's great! lol Maybe someday I can teach our engineers the fine art of organization. Maybe not. But, hey, I get points for trying, right?
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-01-2001, 03:08 PM
cd addicted ninny
#0419 (rambots)

mike o'leary is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to mike o'leary Send a message via AIM to mike o'leary Send a message via Yahoo to mike o'leary
organizations way overrated
mike whos proud to not be organized at all
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-20-2006, 09:00 PM
inventor/solidworks engineering spe
AKA: stephen truscott
FRC #1733 (The Polar Bots)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2006
gondorf is a splendid one to beholdgondorf is a splendid one to beholdgondorf is a splendid one to beholdgondorf is a splendid one to beholdgondorf is a splendid one to beholdgondorf is a splendid one to beholdgondorf is a splendid one to beholdgondorf is a splendid one to behold
Re: Have you cleaned your team's storage closet lately?

oof cleaning out the robotics closet was a real pain for us. all the poof balls, aluminum bits, broken pieces of lexan, even spare change were found in the mess.
at the end the trash weighed in at about 50 pounds

#13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-20-2006, 09:22 PM
Pink flamingo on the lawn of life
AKA: @taylor1529
FRC #1529 (CyberCards)
Team Role: Teacher

Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond repute

You know, all these "useless" objects like old motors or victors or stock aluminum would probably come in real handy for a rookie team looking for a head start in the fall offseason....

#14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-20-2006, 09:24 PM
probably needs a new WAI
FRC #0075 (RoboRaiders)
Team Role: Alumni

Rohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rohith Surampudi

Wow, yet another resurrection, anyway we found a book full of CAD drawings from 2001, the Volcanic Panic Fliers from FLL, and we also found A Brochure for PARC IV
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-20-2006, 10:50 PM
Survived year 1–year 2 comes quick!
AKA: @WmLeverette, @GarnetSq, @SCRIW...
FRC #4901 (Garnet Squadron); FLL #7016/7017 (Garnet Squadron Alfa/Bravo)

Rookie Year: 2004
Billfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond repute

1293 cleaned out its storage closet in the preseason. Many parts in the room weren't even the team's, just cast-offs from various things (various 486-era computer components, bolts as big as your arm, etc.). We cleared it out nicely.
Billfred's World Tour: USC Kickoff Palmetto CMP Robot Rodeo Manchester Kickoff Florida Palmetto CMP Capital Clash USC Kickoff FVC Orangeburg Florida Peachtree Palmetto CMP Mission Mayhem Exploding Bacon Vex Event Duel on the Delaware CalGames USC Kickoff Florida Chesapeake Palmetto CMP BattleCry Mission Mayhem Brunswick Eruption 6 Clemson Kickoff Chesapeake Palmetto CMP IRI TNT Greenville Tech Scrimmage Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI GRITS TNT Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto CMP IRI TNT SCRIW Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto Championship IRI SCRIW II Chapin Kickoff Palmetto South Florida IRI SCRIW III Chapin Kickoff SC FTC CMP Palmetto SC FLL CMP Orlando CMP Midknight Mayhem SCRIW IV (51,569.9 miles, and still on a mission from Bob)

Rule #1: Do not die. Rule #2: Be respectful. Rule #3: Be safe. Rule #4: Follow the handbook.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: