OCCRA
Go to Post If you have time at a competition, stop and thank some of the people wearing the crew shirts. They are working very hard to make sure the competition goes as smoothly as possible. - Greg Young [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Off-Season Events
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

View Poll Results: What genre of music do you like to hear at Competitions?
Classic Rock 11 55.00%
New/Alternative Rock 11 55.00%
R&B and Rap 1 5.00%
80's 8 40.00%
Dance/Techno 11 55.00%
Linedances (Slide, Cotton Eye Joe, Chicken Dance, etc) 5 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-09-2004, 11:12 PM
RoboShow Producer
AKA: DJ Royal Fusion
no team (RoboShow)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1999
Swan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Swan217
Official Kettering Kickoff Music Thread

OK, I know how these usually go, so I'm gonna try something different this time. First of all, there's a poll so I can get a feel of what everyone likes to hear. Chances are it won't have any bearing on what we're playing there, but it's just nice to know.
Second of all, the process of actually reading all of the one-liner "I wanna hear"s, downloading them illegally off of eDonkey or Kazaa, listening to them and deciding whether or not I want to play them is long, illegal, and really not that helpful to my library (I probably have most of the good ones). I don't wanna do that.

Instead, I want to know 2 things:
1) (if your team is coming) what your team's theme song(s) are. At the moment, I foresee playing said songs at the beginning of ONE of your team's matches (With 4 teams on the field, have to let all of the teams take their turn, doncha know). If you have more than one team theme song, once all teams have gone through their first team songs, well, you get the drill. Many may enter from one team, however we're limited by time, so lets say a 5 song maximum per team. (If I get 150 team songs from 30 teams, I'm gonna be mildly miffed.)
B) Any finals-type song that you want to hear during eliminations. I probably have 90% of them, but whatever. Also songs you think would be REALLY good for awards.
B+)Songs you want to dance on the field to (Chicken Dance, Slide, etc.)
C) For anyone who doesn't fall into the above three categories, you may request songs if this thread doesn't receive much attention. The catch is, if you request it, you must be present at the Kickoff, otherwise I kick your bot.

RULES FOR POSTING SONG REQUESTS:
A) Anything you heard last year at Kettering Kickoff is obviously a given. No need to request it again.
2) No Carlin swear words or other material that would make moms gasp in shock.
5) Questions, comments, complaints, and discussion about the KK DJing are encouraged in this thread as well.
3, sir) Many will enter, few will win. See package for details. Must be present to win. Purchase is necessary. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and certain parts of Wisconsin. Odds of winning are 1:217. Rules may change at any time according to the digression of the DJ.

Follow us on Twitter @RoboShowLive and check out our website, www.theroboshow.net

"As president, I believe that robotics can inspire young people to pursue science and engineering. And I also want to keep an eye on those robots in case they try anything."
President Barack Obama

Last edited by Swan217 : 08-09-2004 at 11:21 PM.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-10-2004, 12:01 AM
Renegade of Funk
AKA: Paul Huston
FRC #0033 (Killer Bees)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2003
Paul H has a brilliant futurePaul H has a brilliant futurePaul H has a brilliant futurePaul H has a brilliant futurePaul H has a brilliant futurePaul H has a brilliant futurePaul H has a brilliant futurePaul H has a brilliant futurePaul H has a brilliant futurePaul H has a brilliant futurePaul H has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Paul H
Re: Official Kettering Kickoff Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Swando
B) Any finals-type song that you want to hear during eliminations. I probably have 90% of them, but whatever. Also songs you think would be REALLY good for awards.
Europe - The Final Countdown
ACDC - Hell's Bells

Don't even know if I'll be there (probably not) but I always like to hear those in the finals.

I remember the last 2 years on the way back from IRI, Jim (team 33 head engineer) talked about how great it was to hear balls to the wall because that's the only time he hears it. Maybe you could play it kind of as a joke. Hey, you could even count that as the team 33 theme song!

Also, I remember requesting Hey Ya last year here, and then at the comp I was picking up the robot off of the ramp and I heard it, I was kinda surprised... Thanks!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-10-2004, 01:25 AM
AKA: Ari
FRC #0108 (SigmaC@T)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Arefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Arefin Bari Send a message via AIM to Arefin Bari Send a message via MSN to Arefin Bari Send a message via Yahoo to Arefin Bari

i do support dance/techno music for the kickoff... but i think new/alternative Rock and Linedancers will keep people entertained...

Last edited by Arefin Bari : 08-10-2004 at 01:35 AM.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-10-2004, 09:37 AM
Now at sub 14's in a 5000lb vehicle
AKA: Maher Attallah
FRC #0005 (Robocards)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2000
Matt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Matt Attallah Send a message via MSN to Matt Attallah Send a message via Yahoo to Matt Attallah

I voted for Dance/Techno and linedancers. Gotta have Cotton Eye Joe and a litle Darude in there .

Now for a request for the team song - can you please - please - have beethoven's 5th symphony? If you are unsure of the song just visit http://www.robocards.org and give it a minute to load - but that song should start to play.

Thanks-

Matt
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-15-2004, 06:08 PM
6 years and counting! :)
AKA: the only fish in FIRST
FRC #0007 (Team 007); FRC #1719 (Umbrella Corp)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
Dorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Dorienne

I agree with Matt. Linedancing gives off a lot of energy and pumps people up. Techno and Dance kind of matches the game, if you know what I mean. It goes with the intensity of the game.
Though you gotta have the rock in there. No one can argue with that! =D
--Dori

Proud mentor to teams 007 and 1719!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: