OCCRA
Go to Post And Dave, although I know you have connections, please don't slow the earth's rotation to get more time on the caption contest. ;) - Billfred [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Regional Competitions
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #31   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-27-2005, 11:46 PM
Programmer Turned Engineer
AKA: SonKenshin
#1097 (Site 3 Engineernig)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2003
Anthony Kesich has a spectacular aura aboutAnthony Kesich has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Anthony Kesich
Re: 2005 Sacramento/UC Davis Regional

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshaberman
1. Is anyone hosting any sort of party/activity on Thursday or Friday night?
The last two years we (Jesuit) have put together an informal regional at the mall since it was across the street from Cal Expo. Since the regional moved a few miles, the situation will be different this year. Don't worry, though. We'll come up with something.

-Tony K

Horray for most things! -George Carlin

"Sure, I'll play rugby. Besides, I have a lot of experience running from really big guys who want to cream me." -Me, Freshman year
  #32   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-10-2005, 09:13 PM
AKA: Naomi
#0599 (Robodox)

Rookie Year: 2002
Naomix599 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Naomix599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Kesich
The last two years we (Jesuit) have put together an informal regional at the mall since it was across the street from Cal Expo. Since the regional moved a few miles, the situation will be different this year. Don't worry, though. We'll come up with something.

-Tony K

yay! do you think it will be wednsday or thursday night?
post back any info you can, team 599 would LOVE to attend!!!

NH<3
  #33   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2005, 10:26 PM
J = Pf - Po
FRC #0814 (Megaforce Squadron)
Team Role: College Student

Alaina is a splendid one to beholdAlaina is a splendid one to beholdAlaina is a splendid one to beholdAlaina is a splendid one to beholdAlaina is a splendid one to beholdAlaina is a splendid one to beholdAlaina is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Alaina

I'd like to get my team involved in any activities, too. (This is the only competition we'll be attending, so I want to make it the best possible!)

Who's staying where? 814 will be staying at the University Park Inn and Suites...
  #34   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-21-2005, 07:47 AM
AKA: Cory McBride
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Cory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Cory

I will now be going to Sacramento again, instead of BAE

I'm either staying on campus at Davis with a friend, or with 100 at the Holiday Inn
  #35   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-21-2005, 11:04 AM
ChrisH's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Generally Useless
FRC #0330 (Beach 'Bots)

Rookie Year: 1998
ChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory
I will now be going to Sacramento again, instead of BAE

I'm either staying on campus at Davis with a friend, or with 100 at the Holiday Inn
The BeachBots will also be at the Holiday Inn. See you in the pool!

"Who is John Galt?"
  #36   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2005, 02:09 PM
J = Pf - Po

Alaina is a splendid one to beholdAlaina is a splendid one to beholdAlaina is a splendid one to beholdAlaina is a splendid one to beholdAlaina is a splendid one to beholdAlaina is a splendid one to beholdAlaina is a splendid one to behold

The team list on the FIRST website says that a rookie team from Montana is competing in Davis...Now that's cool...
Only 8 more days!
  #37   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2005, 02:23 PM

Cory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond repute

According to the FIRST team list, almost 25% of the regional is from out of state. Now THAT's cool!
  #38   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2005, 04:00 PM
FRC #1072 (hrt)

whakojacko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to whakojacko Send a message via MSN to whakojacko

also cant wait for sacramento. Going to both sacramento and svr, i like the atmosphere at sacramento more because its smaller. Cant wait to see all you guys (especially 1097, you guys are so fun). And be prepared, our t-shirts are most likely going ot be "artic blue" instead of more boring gray this year. .
  #39   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2005, 10:13 AM
AKA: Nick Hung
#0610 (Crescent Coyotes)

n_0163 is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess its time for team 610 to say Hello. We're your international flavour for the tournament. Can't wait.

Is there anything around UC Davis that you would recommend us do?
  #40   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2005, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_0163
I guess its time for team 610 to say Hello. We're your international flavour for the tournament. Can't wait.

Is there anything around UC Davis that you would recommend us do?
Make sure you hit up a Krispy Kreme/In-N-Out Burger at least once. More than once wouldn't hurt either

There isn't much to do in Davis, it is the epitome of a college town. The entire city revolves around the school and there really isn't much else.

However if you want to go into Sacramento you can see a lot more. There's the capitol, a train museum, and a whole lot of other stuff.
  #41   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2005, 12:44 PM
J = Pf - Po

Yes, for all 9 teams who are coming from out of state: definitely go to In-N-Out Burger!!! I'd recommend getting some authentic mexican food as well (and I'm not talking about Taco Bell.) Any restaurant with "taqueria" or "cantina" in the name is probably a best bet...

There's also "Old Sacramento" if you really want to be touristy. There's a museum and a segment of the town that's all old-enized...
  #42   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Breathe in... Breathe out...
FRC #1678 (Citrus Circuits)
Team Role: Mentor

Michael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to give a shout out from team 114. This will be our thid year attending Sac. One of the memories I have from Sac is from last year. The Bears, other wise known as the Bad News Bears, were unaware that there was a ship deadline and thought you just brought your robot to the regional. They found out about the ship deadline days before shipping, and were forced too send off just a drive train. Being in the pit next to them at Sac, we were able to help them out as they designed, built and programmed a robot that was a sufficient ball herder. If I remember right they seeded eighth or nineth.

114 was going to be staying at a hotel right next to UC Davis. But the hotel overbooked so ourselves and two team from Michigan got moved to a hotel about 15 minutes away. O well, it's no biggie. I am actually looking forward to talking with those Michigan teams.

Michael C.
2012-2013 - Team 1662 - Lead Mentor, Coach
2013-20?? - Team 1678 - Mentor, Coach
**Like Us On Facebook!**
  #43   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-28-2005, 11:46 PM

I just checked the agenda for the regional, and it says there is a team social from 6:30 PM-10:00 PM Friday night.

Does anyone know if this is true? Or was the standard FIRST event agenda used?

You kinda get out of the loop when you're 3000 miles away

Thanks guys.
  #44   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-01-2005, 12:16 AM
24 Hours of LeMons?
FRC #0100 (WHS&CHS Robotics)
Team Role: Alumni

NoodleKnight has much to be proud ofNoodleKnight has much to be proud ofNoodleKnight has much to be proud ofNoodleKnight has much to be proud ofNoodleKnight has much to be proud ofNoodleKnight has much to be proud ofNoodleKnight has much to be proud ofNoodleKnight has much to be proud ofNoodleKnight has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to NoodleKnight

Maybe it's that HALO 2 Tournament! Regardless, team 100 is going to go, and we're bringing two Xbox's with two copes of HALO 2, just for practice =). If you're staying at the Holiday Inn, maybe you can stop by and run through a few rounds.
  #45   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Theiss
AKA: Andrew Theiss
FRC #0100 (Woodside High Robotics)

IA-Howitzer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to IA-Howitzer

Yes, Yes. I have been posting soooo much about the tournement and maybe hold an un-official one at the Holiday Inn Hotel. Seethe thread about Halo 2 at the regional and tell me if you are staying at the Holiday Inn!!!!

Andrew
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: