OCCRA
Go to Post Yeah, that's a hardware problem. Definitely something to blame the electricals for. Programmers just work there. - EricH [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > IT / Communications
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-16-2005, 12:03 AM
Curmudgeon
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta)

Rookie Year: 1996
dlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond repute
"Triple Play" cover artwork

Several people have requested a copy of the cover artwork for the "Triple Play" animation shown during the kick-off broadcast. I have posted a copy of the artwork in the animation competition picture galleries, and it should be available as soon as it is approved.

This same artwork will be used for the competition programs, event invitations, and other official publications from FIRST. Note that this is copyrighted artwork by Joe Hannaford. It is being distributed to the teams with the permission of FIRST, for non-commercial use in animations and team promotional materials, and is not to be re-distributed.

-dave
"I know what you're thinking, punk," hissed Wordy Harry to his new editor, "you're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' - and to tell the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement; but being as this is English, the most powerful language in the world, whose subtle nuances will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' - well do you, punk?"
- Stuart Vasepuru, 2006 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest

My OTHER CAR is still on Mars!!!
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-16-2005, 12:33 AM
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2000
Clark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Triple Play" cover artwork

I just approved the image, but for some reason it's not showing up. I get a "red x" so you might want to try it again (Unless it's just my comptuer messing up.)
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-16-2005, 12:51 AM
Custom User Title
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
Tom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tom Bottiglieri

Oh No! FIRST has sensed an illegal movement by Dave to post the logo and automatically erased it from the database!

Ha, I knew I would catch Dave doing something illegal.

Until next time the law is needed,
Tom

Team 254 | San Jose, CA | Mentor (2010 - Present)
Team 125 | Boston, MA | College Student (2007 - 2011)
Team 195 | Southington, CT | Student (2002 - 2006)
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-16-2005, 01:21 AM
Curmudgeon

dlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Gilbert
I just approved the image, but for some reason it's not showing up. I get a "red x" so you might want to try it again (Unless it's just my comptuer messing up.)
Stupid interlacing. I just converted it to drop the progressive interlace encoding and the embedded sRGB profile, and reloaded it. It should post properly now.

<edit>OK, it is posted properly now, and is available</edit>

-dave
"I know what you're thinking, punk," hissed Wordy Harry to his new editor, "you're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' - and to tell the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement; but being as this is English, the most powerful language in the world, whose subtle nuances will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' - well do you, punk?"

Last edited by dlavery : 01-16-2005 at 01:54 AM.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-16-2005, 01:10 PM
Media / Website Mentor
AKA: Patrick
FRC #0384 (Sparky384)
Team Role: Mentor

PCole will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to PCole

Thanks dave for uploading the artwork.. I really appreciate it.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Curmudgeon

I downsampled the image to keep it to a reasonable size in the picutres gallery. If you need a higher resolution version, let me know and I can send it to you directly.

<edit>Scratch that. I went ahead and posted the higher-res versions on our team website. You can get a medium resolution version (1350x1780) or a high resolution version (2700x3500) if you need it.</edit>

-dave

Last edited by dlavery : 01-17-2005 at 12:26 AM. Reason: fixed links (oops!)
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-16-2005, 04:06 PM
Impossible to rain on my parade.
FRC #1902 (Exploding Bacon)

Barry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Barry Bonzack Send a message via Skype™ to Barry Bonzack

When I first saw this artwork pop up at the beginning of the animation at my remote kickoff, I would have sworn the game was going to be 2v2v2. I was just as happy with 3v3.

Jan 12, Emceeing at FTC at University High School
Jan 26, Emceeing FTC Pinellas League Championship Seminole High School in Tampa
Feb 2, Emceeing FTC Tesla League Championship at Cocoa Beach High School
Mar 2, Emceeing FTC State Championship at Embry Riddle Aeronautics University in Daytona
Mar 3, Volunteering for FLL State Championship at UCF in Orlando
Mar 7-9, Announcing FRC Orlando regional
Mar 29-30 Announcing FRC South Florida Regional
Apr 24-27 FTC World Championship in St. Louis
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-16-2005, 04:32 PM
FRC #1493 (Falcons)
Team Role: College Student

663.keith is a name known to all663.keith is a name known to all663.keith is a name known to all663.keith is a name known to all663.keith is a name known to all663.keith is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to 663.keith

thank you for the high resolution image. I finally have something that fits my desktop without having to stretch it and make it all grainy

Last edited by 663.keith : 01-16-2005 at 04:34 PM.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-16-2005, 04:50 PM
Rich Ross
no team (The Rat Pack)
Team Role: Alumni

pakrat is just really nicepakrat is just really nicepakrat is just really nicepakrat is just really nicepakrat is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to pakrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Bonzack1604
When I first saw this artwork pop up at the beginning of the animation at my remote kickoff, I would have sworn the game was going to be 2v2v2. I was just as happy with 3v3.

That was what i thought the big change was, was making it a 3v3 instead of a 2v2v2.

BUT IT ISN'T! Just wanted to let people know this does NOT MEAN BUIDING TWO ROBOTS AT THE SAME TIME

Some people got confused by a thread i made earlier, and i wanted to make sure that they didnt get the same impresion
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-16-2005, 08:42 PM
The Damian
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Damian Manda has much to be proud ofDamian Manda has much to be proud ofDamian Manda has much to be proud ofDamian Manda has much to be proud ofDamian Manda has much to be proud ofDamian Manda has much to be proud ofDamian Manda has much to be proud ofDamian Manda has much to be proud ofDamian Manda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Damian Manda

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlavery
Dave,
Both of the links point to the same file - just wanted to point this out in case you didn't notice first.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2005, 12:27 AM
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Manda
Dave,
Both of the links point to the same file - just wanted to point this out in case you didn't notice first.
The links are fixed. Thanks!

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: