OCCRA
Go to Post Without the game, there is no FIRST ... period. - Paul Copioli [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-19-2005, 02:35 PM
Gopher
Team Role: Engineer

sj31419 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via MSN to sj31419 Send a message via Yahoo to sj31419
second camera

I have a question how would we have to hook a second camera up and send what it sees imeediatly to a tv?Without breaking the rules of course.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-19-2005, 03:06 PM
Itinerant Programmer
AKA: Hey dad...Father...MARK
FRC #0358 (Robotic Eagles)

Rookie Year: 2002
Mark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond repute
Re: second camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj31419
I have a question how would we have to hook a second camera up and send what it sees imeediatly to a tv?Without breaking the rules of course.
The discussion is over here in Electrical:
http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...threadid=33037
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Gopher

no what i mean is how can u hook it up to a tv so you can watch what's happening.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Itinerant Programmer
AKA: Hey dad...Father...MARK
FRC #0358 (Robotic Eagles)

Rookie Year: 2002
Mark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj31419
no what i mean is how can u hook it up to a tv so you can watch what's happening.
Sorry, I read too quickly.
I don't know an easy way short of a converter circuit to make the NTSC camera signal directly compatible with a TV input.

[edit]
Note: If you are asking how to do this during competition, that's an easier answer. No, it's technically not practical to send wireless photos to a TV during competition. The only legal wireless transmission from the robot is too slow for anything like this. You might be able to get one photo from the beginning of the match sometime after the match ends.

Last edited by Mark McLeod : 01-20-2005 at 11:08 AM.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-19-2005, 03:50 PM
Gopher

O.K now how do you do that this is my first year trying this so i don't know.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-20-2005, 02:20 PM
An inspired alumnus
AKA: Jamie Bliss
no team (previously 904 (D-cubed) and 1227 (Techno-Gremlins))
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2004
Astronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Astronouth7303 Send a message via AIM to Astronouth7303 Send a message via MSN to Astronouth7303 Send a message via Yahoo to Astronouth7303

Isn't NTSC the format for standard RCA (At least on this contenent)? If so, then I think you could wire a 2-pin connector to an RCA plug and plug it into a TV.

(I have very little expieriance in this, so correct me if I'm wrong.)
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Gopher

But would the wire get in the way of the robot during the game?
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Curmudgeon
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta)

Rookie Year: 1996
dlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond repute

Adding a live video camera to your robot, and having it provide real-time video that can be displayed on a standard television is very straightforward. It is also FIRST legal (within certain limits). Several teams have done it in the past.

Get a 2GHz-band video camera and transmitter. The one that I have used is the X-10 XCam2 remote camera kit, which sells for less than $80. The camera module connects to a 12 volt power supply. Clip the power lead, and connect it to your robot power system (which is - yippee - 12 volts!). Connect the received unit to a TV, turn to Channel 2 or 3 (switch settable), and away you go. You get to see the world from the robots point of view!

Now for the "certain limits." If you are going to use the camera during a competition, you must clear it with FIRST (see Rule <R94>). Also, you will not be allowed to display the video at the Alliance Control Station. FIRST may receive the transmitted video at the scoring table, and pipe it on to the "Jumbotron" for all the teams and audience to see, but you will not be able to use it just for a competitive advantage for your team.

-dave
"I know what you're thinking, punk," hissed Wordy Harry to his new editor, "you're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' - and to tell the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement; but being as this is English, the most powerful language in the world, whose subtle nuances will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' - well do you, punk?"
- Stuart Vasepuru, 2006 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest

My OTHER CAR is still on Mars!!!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: