Go to Post It’s possible to make friends without agreeing on everything. - Bill Gold [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Insert Clever Title Here
AKA: Kyle J.
FRC #1610 (BOT)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
nukemknight has a reputation beyond reputenukemknight has a reputation beyond reputenukemknight has a reputation beyond reputenukemknight has a reputation beyond reputenukemknight has a reputation beyond reputenukemknight has a reputation beyond reputenukemknight has a reputation beyond reputenukemknight has a reputation beyond reputenukemknight has a reputation beyond reputenukemknight has a reputation beyond reputenukemknight has a reputation beyond repute
gyro help

Kevin Watson,

We used the new code, did the recomended checks at the end of the read me file. The program compiled with no errors, but when it downloaded to the RC, the program state led blinked red and the operator interface showed solid code error.

We are using the BEI gryo chip AQRS-00075-109.

No print statements are working in the user.c code.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-01-2005, 07:20 PM
La Cañada High School
FRC #2429

Rookie Year: 2001
Kevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond repute
Re: gyro help

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukemknight
Kevin Watson,

We used the new code, did the recomended checks at the end of the read me file. The program compiled with no errors, but when it downloaded to the RC, the program state led blinked red and the operator interface showed solid code error.

Make sure that you're not calling printf() before initializing the serial port(s).

Edit: And just to make sure that I haven't done something knuckleheaded, I'll load up the code on my robot controller tonight and see if I can induce a red-light-of-death.

-Kevin
Google Advanced Technologies and Projects
http://kevin.org

Last edited by Kevin Watson : 02-01-2005 at 07:25 PM.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2005, 12:25 AM
La Cañada High School
FRC #2429

Kevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kevin Watson,

Kyle,

I loaded the gyro code into my full-size robot controller and it worked as advertised. Just out of curiosity, which version of the master processor firmware is running on your robot controller?

-Kevin
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2005, 10:07 AM
Insert Clever Title Here
FRC #1610 (BOT)

nukemknight has a reputation beyond reputenukemknight has a reputation beyond reputenukemknight has a reputation beyond reputenukemknight has a reputation beyond reputenukemknight has a reputation beyond reputenukemknight has a reputation beyond reputenukemknight has a reputation beyond reputenukemknight has a reputation beyond reputenukemknight has a reputation beyond reputenukemknight has a reputation beyond reputenukemknight has a reputation beyond repute

We are running version 10 of the firmware and had the OI and RC tethered when it was loaded. When I get to school today I will check our print statements and make sure they are still in the right place.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2005, 03:51 PM
Insert Clever Title Here
FRC #1610 (BOT)

Angry Re: gyro help

Quote:
We are running version 10 of the firmware and had the OI and RC tethered when it was loaded. When I get to school today I will check our print statements and make sure they are still in the right place.
The print statements were still in right place, they were checked twice, and also the code was redownloaded from your website and we still get the same errors.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2005, 06:11 PM
La Cañada High School
FRC #2429

Quote:
The print statements were still in right place, they were checked twice, and also the code was redownloaded from your website and we still get the same errors.
Hmm..., Don't know what to tell you, but it works fine for me and I haven't had complaints from anyone else. Did you load the .hex file included in the .zip or did you re-compile it and load it?

-Kevin
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-03-2005, 06:56 AM
Insert Clever Title Here
FRC #1610 (BOT)

We had tried it every different way we could think of. Then finally we tried uninstalling MPLAB and IFI Loader and reinstalling them - after that both codes worked fine. I don't have a clue why this was the problem because it worked with the default code. Thanks for your help.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: