OCCRA
Go to Post I always wondered what would happen if two robots mated. - Greg Needel [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-04-2005, 08:49 PM
AKA: Kevin Beranek
FRC #0269 (Cooney Robotics)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2003
Robby has a spectacular aura aboutRobby has a spectacular aura about
C++ Triple Play Simulator

Hello all,

A couple of the younger aspiring programmers on our team recently developed a single player version of the triple play game. It is written in C++ and allows you to control 1 robot which you may select, while the computer's AI automatically controls the other robots. It works pretty well at this point, but is not entirely finished. Take a look and tell me what you think.
--Kevin
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-04-2005, 08:50 PM
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Bharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Bharat Nain Send a message via MSN to Bharat Nain
Re: C++ Triple Play Simulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby
Hello all,

A couple of the younger aspiring programmers on our team recently developed a single player version of the triple play game. It is written in C++ and allows you to control 1 robot which you may select, while the computer's AI automatically controls the other robots. It works pretty well at this point, but is not entirely finished. Take a look and tell me what you think.
--Kevin
Please provide a link for us to take a look.

Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-04-2005, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bharat Nain
Please provide a link for us to take a look.

whoops, forgot to do that, tomorrow morning i'll stick a link out there
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-04-2005, 10:46 PM
#1430 (WRONG)
Team Role: Electrical

Rookie Year: 2004
russell is a name known to allrussell is a name known to allrussell is a name known to allrussell is a name known to allrussell is a name known to allrussell is a name known to all

and leave me hanging......
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-05-2005, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell
and leave me hanging......
sorry guys, it took me longer to get around to this than expected, here's the link

http://www.cooneyrobotics.com/sim/sim2005.exe
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-05-2005, 11:37 PM
#1430 (WRONG)
Team Role: Electrical

russell is a name known to allrussell is a name known to allrussell is a name known to allrussell is a name known to allrussell is a name known to allrussell is a name known to all

Sweet thanks. I gotta check this out. I think I really am addicted to FIRST.

Edit: Wow that is cool. It took me a few matches to figure it out, but now I got it and I think we might have to train our coaches on it.

Last edited by russell : 02-05-2005 at 11:42 PM.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-05-2005, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell
Sweet thanks. I gotta check this out. I think I really am addicted to FIRST.

awesome, tell me what you think, i appreciate input
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-05-2005, 11:58 PM
AI Programmer
AKA: Bob Frank DOT org
FRC #0358 (Hauppauge Robotic Eagles)

AIBob is a splendid one to beholdAIBob is a splendid one to beholdAIBob is a splendid one to beholdAIBob is a splendid one to beholdAIBob is a splendid one to beholdAIBob is a splendid one to beholdAIBob is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to AIBob Send a message via AIM to AIBob Send a message via MSN to AIBob Send a message via Yahoo to AIBob

Nice...
Even though it is not complete is is still very good.
I am also working on a simulator, but I am doing it in java and I will be having it slightly different, I will propably consider the methods that you have used while i finish mine over the next week or two.

#9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-06-2005, 12:22 AM
More nerd than you can handle!
AKA: Alan Meekins
FRC #0617 (HSHS 617 "DUKE")
Team Role: Programmer

scitobor 617 will become famous soon enoughscitobor 617 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to scitobor 617

It would be nice to see your source if you don't mind. Are you already planning to, or will you post your source?

Your kidding, there are other operating systems besides Linux?!
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-06-2005, 01:42 AM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Robot Lifeguard
FRC #1902 (Exploding Bacon)

Rookie Year: 2002
miketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to miketwalker

Wow, very well done. One thing I would like to see though incorporated is to be able to select which loading zone to use. Also, a command to have all the robots on your team "go home" at the end of the match for the 10 pts. Other than that, I think it's great! Excellent job.

Edit: After playing a few more matches, I think it would be nice if you could also introduce a partially-random autonomous mode setup (For example, you have one alliance that will cap center and/or a side goal and then you add on the bonus tetras... and just make it randomly change for each side who has the highest and all... since in real life as partners change differnet sides will start with different goals in control at the start of a match).

Last edited by miketwalker : 02-06-2005 at 01:48 AM.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-06-2005, 07:46 AM
Lifer
FRC #0190 (Gompei and the Herd)
Team Role: Mentor

Francis-134 has a brilliant futureFrancis-134 has a brilliant futureFrancis-134 has a brilliant futureFrancis-134 has a brilliant futureFrancis-134 has a brilliant futureFrancis-134 has a brilliant futureFrancis-134 has a brilliant futureFrancis-134 has a brilliant futureFrancis-134 has a brilliant futureFrancis-134 has a brilliant futureFrancis-134 has a brilliant future

Wow, excellent job. I might consider adding a pause button and something that would adjust the speed of each robot. Regardless, excellent job!

Email | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Twitch

A proud alumnus of teams 134 and 40 || Mentor of Team 190 || Director of Fun for BattleCry@WPI || 2015 NE CMP Planing Committee Member
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-06-2005, 11:58 AM
8 Seasons and as stable as ever
AKA: Working, 2/4 degrees complete still schooling...
FRC #1740 (The Cyber Colonels)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1999
Xufer is a splendid one to beholdXufer is a splendid one to beholdXufer is a splendid one to beholdXufer is a splendid one to beholdXufer is a splendid one to beholdXufer is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Xufer Send a message via MSN to Xufer Send a message via Yahoo to Xufer

very nice good job guys

If saftey is first and i put FIRST ahead of everything, then i must be the safest guy in the world.

Team 521 Alumni -- Team 1740 Mentor-- Go Go 1740!
Sometimes I think I've been doing this too long and other times I think I haven't done this enough... but all the times I'm sure I'm crazy
Photonics, It's Your Future
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-06-2005, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitobor 617
It would be nice to see your source if you don't mind. Are you already planning to, or will you post your source?
not too sure on giving out the source code as i did not do most of the development of the simulator, i will ask the people who did and i'll get back to you on that, i would imagine they would say yes

by the way, thank you everybody for your feedback
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-08-2005, 05:55 PM
An inspired alumnus
AKA: Jamie Bliss
no team (previously 904 (D-cubed) and 1227 (Techno-Gremlins))

Astronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Astronouth7303 Send a message via AIM to Astronouth7303 Send a message via MSN to Astronouth7303 Send a message via Yahoo to Astronouth7303

I, also, would be very interested in the source of this app. (Or the source of any other simulator).
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: