OCCRA
Go to Post The question is like asking "Is it better to drive by looking at a map the whole time or by remembering where you want to go and watching the road instead?" - lukevanoort [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-14-2005, 08:49 PM
An inspired alumnus
AKA: Jamie Bliss
no team (previously 904 (D-cubed) and 1227 (Techno-Gremlins))
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2004
Astronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Astronouth7303 Send a message via AIM to Astronouth7303 Send a message via MSN to Astronouth7303 Send a message via Yahoo to Astronouth7303
Syntax Error: externs, structs, and macros

Here's the thing: I'm getting a syntax error in 2 seperate lines that are probably related. I have narrowed it down to the point that I know that it is not the next or previous line.

They are:
Code:
BEGIN_MOTOR_LIST(motor_list)
	MOTOR(STRAIGHT,	LeftDrive,	OI_Left,	0,	0,	 0,	 0,	0,	254,	254) //ME! ME!
//...
END_MOTOR_LIST
Code:
REF_MOTOR_LIST(motor_list);
Here are the dependencies needed to get this:
Code:
#ifdef _MOTORS_H_
#define _MOTORS_H_

typedef enum {NONE,STRAIGHT,POSITION,FISHER} MotorType;

struct motors
{
	enum Motor type;
	char* pwm;
	char* oi;
	char pot;
	char pot_min;
	char pot_max;
	char pot_center;
	char pwm_min;
	char pwm_max;
	char pwm_change;
}

#define BEGIN_MOTOR_LIST(name) struct motors rom name[] = {
#define END_MOTOR_LIST                   {NONE, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0} };
#define REF_MOTOR_LIST(name) extern struct motors name[]
#define PTR_MOTOR_LIST(name) struct motors *name
#define MOTOR(type,pwm,oi,pot,pot_min,pot_max,pot_center,pwm_min,pwm_max,pwm_change) {type, &pwm, &oi, pot, pot_min, pot_max, pot_center, pwm_min, pwm_max, pwm_change },

void DoMotors(PTR_MOTOR_LIST(motorlist));
#endif
Code:
char LeftDrive, RightDrive, E2;
#define OI_Left  p1_y
(unfortunately, it inserted random spaces)

Enlightenment?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-14-2005, 09:54 PM
FRC #1747
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
Orborde has a spectacular aura aboutOrborde has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Orborde
Re: Syntax Error: externs, structs, and macros

Code:
#define MOTOR(type,pwm,oi,pot,pot_min,pot_max,pot_center,p  wm_min,pwm_max,pwm_change) {type, &pwm, &oi, pot, pot_min, pot_max, pot_center, pwm_min, pwm_max, pwm_change },
Might it be the marked bit?
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-14-2005, 11:30 PM
Software Engineer
VRC #0111 (Wildstang)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1995
Dave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't spot anything wrong off-hand (other than the space noted by the previous poster, but I'm guessing that was a copy/paste problem?). Something you might try to narrow down the problem is pre-processing the C file to see how your macros worked out. There should be a cpp18.exe as part of the MCC18 package - this is the C preprocessor. Just run:
Code:
cpp18 {filename}.c -I{path to MCC18 include directory} > {filename}.pre
and it will spit the preprocessed file out to {filename}.pre. That might yield some clues.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-16-2005, 02:39 PM
An inspired alumnus
AKA: Jamie Bliss
no team (previously 904 (D-cubed) and 1227 (Techno-Gremlins))
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2004
Astronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Astronouth7303 Send a message via AIM to Astronouth7303 Send a message via MSN to Astronouth7303 Send a message via Yahoo to Astronouth7303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orborde
Code:
#define MOTOR(type,pwm,oi,pot,pot_min,pot_max,pot_center,p  wm_min,pwm_max,pwm_change) {type, &pwm, &oi, pot, pot_min, pot_max, pot_center, pwm_min, pwm_max, pwm_change },
Might it be the marked bit?
Nope. That's just from the post. Try as I did, I couldn't get rid of it. But it doesn't exist in the file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Flowerday
I didn't spot anything wrong off-hand (other than the space noted by the previous poster, but I'm guessing that was a copy/paste problem?). Something you might try to narrow down the problem is pre-processing the C file to see how your macros worked out. There should be a cpp18.exe as part of the MCC18 package - this is the C preprocessor. Just run:
Code:
cpp18 {filename}.c -I{path to MCC18 include directory} > {filename}.pre
and it will spit the preprocessed file out to {filename}.pre. That might yield some clues.
Cool! Thanks! I'll try that!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: