OCCRA
Go to Post If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room! - Ian Curtis [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-15-2005, 11:03 AM
FIRST-a-holic
AKA: Camila Fitzgibbon
FRC #1382 (Tribotec Team)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2004
tribotec_ca88 is just really nicetribotec_ca88 is just really nicetribotec_ca88 is just really nicetribotec_ca88 is just really nicetribotec_ca88 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to tribotec_ca88 Send a message via MSN to tribotec_ca88 Send a message via Yahoo to tribotec_ca88
Team Contact Information

Greetings...

I've searched forums from several other websites (including all of CD) but I can't seem to find a place that has a list of team e-mails (or main contacts)...I was thinking of starting one myself, but I just wanted to check and see if anyone else knows if this sort of information is already available. I really need to get in touch with some teams but I can't seem to find anything...

any help at all would be greatly appreciated!!!
Good Luck to all teams!
2005 NJ Regional Website Excellence Award
2004 NJ Regional Semifinalists
-----------------------------------------------
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-15-2005, 11:14 AM
Ricky Q.'s Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
yee haw!
FRC #0148 (Robowranglers)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
Ricky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Q.
Re: Team Contact Information

All teams main contact information is avaliable through the TIMS system, if they choose to share it. Your team's main contact can access this.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-15-2005, 11:33 AM
Tie Wrap-Not Cable Tie or Zip tie
AKA: Stephen Denman
FRC #0759 (Systemetric)

Rookie Year: 2003
Denman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Denman Send a message via AIM to Denman Send a message via MSN to Denman Send a message via Yahoo to Denman

while there isn't a list as such, on www.firstwiki.org there is a lot of teams info
just type the team number and it will come up with their info if anyone has added it

FIRSTWiki.org - Contribute, learn, inspire.

"Teach the way of the GP and the way of the GP shall teach you" - Me
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-15-2005, 11:50 AM
FIRST-a-holic

tribotec_ca88 is just really nicetribotec_ca88 is just really nicetribotec_ca88 is just really nicetribotec_ca88 is just really nicetribotec_ca88 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to tribotec_ca88 Send a message via MSN to tribotec_ca88 Send a message via Yahoo to tribotec_ca88

I've started to gather some e-mails but having to enter each and every single team's website one by one is getting to be a long and tiresome process...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Q.
All teams main contact information is avaliable through the TIMS system, if they choose to share it. Your team's main contact can access this.
I had thought about the TIMS system, but since I'm not our team's main contact, I left out that option. But I guess now that it seems to be an interesting resource I'll have a word with our mentors...
Once I finish it, I'll try to see if I can make it available for other teams...

Last edited by tribotec_ca88 : 02-15-2005 at 05:01 PM. Reason: forgot to add detail...
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-15-2005, 02:47 PM
FRC #0383 (Brazilian Machine)

Rookie Year: 2000
Manoel has a reputation beyond reputeManoel has a reputation beyond reputeManoel has a reputation beyond reputeManoel has a reputation beyond reputeManoel has a reputation beyond reputeManoel has a reputation beyond reputeManoel has a reputation beyond reputeManoel has a reputation beyond reputeManoel has a reputation beyond reputeManoel has a reputation beyond reputeManoel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Manoel Send a message via MSN to Manoel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Q.
Well, I asked before, but no one could point me WHERE in the TIMS it can be found. And really, if you know the TIMS site, I can't be that blind to have missed it after a hours going through a very narrow choice list.
This contact retrieval capability did exist in the old system, then it got disabled for a long while, then (apparently, at least) it was shut off with the new TIMS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribotec_ca88
I had thought about the TIMS system, but since I'm not our team's main contact, I left out that option. But I guess now that it seems to be an interesting resource I'll have a word with our mentors...
And Camila, as much as we all appreciate your efforts, I'd be a bit cautious of releasing this list indiscriminately (that is, if you do manage to get info for the main contact in every team), considering people put their e-mails on the FIRST site knowing that it'll be restricted to a small, select number of people, and some of them may just have privacy issues. Just a heads up!
Team # 383
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-15-2005, 03:01 PM
54... What a good number!
no team

dez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to dez250

From what i understand, it was a privacy issue and you can no longer retrieve team contact information through TIMS. Personally i know i dont like my contact information available to everyone and i think you may find out that there will be privacy issues brought up with this idea.

-Michael Dessingue
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-15-2005, 03:24 PM
BSEE, MSEE, JD in progress
AKA: employed
no team
Team Role: Engineer

Stephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Stephen Kowski Send a message via Skype™ to Stephen Kowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by dez250
From what i understand, it was a privacy issue and you can no longer retrieve team contact information through TIMS. Personally i know i dont like my contact information available to everyone and i think you may find out that there will be privacy issues brought up with this idea.
well I believe there used to be an option to keep other people from seeing that info if you didn't want them too, but what about the people that want to make that information available to other teams to contact them? well in that case they are sol....
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-15-2005, 04:16 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
people expediter on Team Kluge
AKA: Jenny Beatty, no relation
no team (they are all my teams)

RoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond repute

Due to concerns about privacy, you can not access others information from the TIMS. As Senior Mentor I had to sign a confidentiality statement. I am very conscious of this and try to be careful not to give out others info without their written permission. It makes it harder to reach people, but that is the way it is.
It makes it difficult for individual teams to distribute mass mailings to teams. The best you can do is make use of resources like Chief Delphi to reach people and compile your own list. But please don't post your list without their permission.
This is How I Work: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/papers/2862
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-15-2005, 04:26 PM
no team

Stephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Stephen Kowski Send a message via Skype™ to Stephen Kowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboMom
It makes it harder to reach people, but that is the way it is.
Does that have to be the way it is? Seems like a one size fits all policy that makes this a large problem to communicate with other teams. Is there any way FIRST can reconsider some elements of this policy such as those who choose to make their information public can do so via TIMS??
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-15-2005, 04:33 PM
Serial Volunteer
AKA: Ed Patterson
FRC #0191 (X-Cats)

Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Kowski
Does that have to be the way it is? Seems like a one size fits all policy that makes this a large problem to communicate with other teams. Is there any way FIRST can reconsider some elements of this policy such as those who choose to make their information public can do so via TIMS??
If a team does not want to be contacted then they have the right to hide their information form others. It may not seem graciously professional but it is thier right to act in such a manner.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-15-2005, 04:56 PM
no team

DarMagi will become famous soon enoughDarMagi will become famous soon enough

well i know about privacy issues, and being a small team, im sure we are open to ideas and mailings from other teams, but the deal is... i choose to put my personal contact information on this forum, if anyone one so desires to pull that information to contact me, than as team captain i will pass that information along to my team on the next meeting, but other than that, i ahve no problem with a database of all team contacts, and well mine is already on this forum, but yea good and bad idea, lol take it easy all!
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-15-2005, 04:57 PM
FIRST-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko Ed
If a team does not want to be contacted then they have the right to hide their information form others. It may not seem graciously professional but it is thier right to act in such a manner.
Oops sorry I hadn't made myself more clear...
I was thinking of writing a list of contacts that would ONLY be published after each and every single person on that list APPROVED the idea. I wouldn't be crazy enough to gather e-mails and post them out on random sites lol. It would be something organized, restricted, and only available to the FIRST community (or maybe to a few select from the FIRST community...). I completely agree with the idea of privacy, because I know I wouldn't like to have my personal e-mail loaded with spam and junk mail from unknown users...
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-15-2005, 05:10 PM
no team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko Ed
I was not challenging that at all....read my post again "who choose to make their information public"

If I wanted to make my info public I CANNOT.....
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-15-2005, 05:14 PM
KathieK's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Sometimes FIRST makes my head hurt!
AKA: FIRST Senior Mentor
no team

KathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KathieK

I have had this conversation with Jenny this year. It is difficult to communicate with teams without a way of reaching them all. Last year we hosted a Regional tailgating breakfast and many teams got off the bus saying, "We didn;t know about this!" because we had no way to reach them all.

It would be great if the TIMS system included some choices for team leaders such as, "Do you wish to be notified of FIRST team events in your area?" If the team leader opted in, then a blind mailing list could be created. Somewhere on the FIRST site, perhaps in the pages that list all the teams in the state, for example, a link could be made available that would generate an e-mail to all teams that signed up. The sender would not be privy to the e-mail addresses, and the teams could have the option of joining the list or not.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-15-2005, 08:02 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
people expediter on Team Kluge
AKA: Jenny Beatty, no relation
no team (they are all my teams)

RoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond repute

Kathie, Stephen and everyone else concerned about this,
Believe me, I find this just as frustrating as you do. My request would be that you try (mentors only) to attend a team forum this year and comment on this with constructive suggestions. If you can't attend, send me a quick note with your concern and I will make sure it is heard.
Here's hoping we can make this better for everyone next year.
This is How I Work: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/papers/2862

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: