OCCRA
Go to Post FIRST is the best thing that has ever happened to me...FIRST has taught me so much more than anything I learned in the classroom. The thing with my team, is we are so close, we are family, and I have figured out so much about who I am because of FIRST. - princessnatalie [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-15-2001, 08:34 PM
no team (Volunteer)

Robby O is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Robby O
Question And now for something completely Different... What is love???

Baby dont hurt me, dont hurt me, no more...

Okay, besides a really cheezy song that plays over, and over, and over, and over, and, well, you get the point in "Night at the Roxbury", what do you FIRST-A-Holics believe love is? As far as I've read, I dont think there was anything like this on CD yet. We know pretty much what the rest of the world (and hollywood) thinks love is, but what about us propeller heads?

Is it meeting someone who can be as geeked out as you, and yet still be cool enough to look up to? Or is it meeting a complete and total stranger once a year only to cheer for each other's teams? Or what about meeting someone completely unlike you whom you can still relate to? There is no right or wrong answer, so let the thoughts and ideas fly! Oh, just keep it clean folks, this is a family site
"If I had it in me
To stop these random thoughts
And non-stop dreams
I could deal with this
Non-stop spinning world" -Less Than Jake
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-15-2001, 09:10 PM
The_C
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
Carolyn Duncan is a jewel in the roughCarolyn Duncan is a jewel in the roughCarolyn Duncan is a jewel in the rough
Hmmmmmm....................

Wow! I get to be the first person to respond to this, I'll try not to get too mushy. The idea of love can be soooo different depending on who you ask. Most guys have simmilar answers as do most girls. There's a difference between loving someone and being in love with someone. You love a family member or friend but you are in love with your significant other. I have found love to be something that hits you when you least expect it. It's not something you go looking for nor do you realize it's coming until it hits you. It's knowing everything about a person and seeing in them what no one else sees. I don't think it's the same for any 2 people. For me I've only really been in love with one person. He was someone I knew for 10 years before I realized that I in love with him. I had always thought of him as my best friend.
C~ya,
Carolyn

Now that I think about it why do you ask? Are you trying to figure out if you're in love?

Last edited by Carolyn Duncan : 07-15-2001 at 09:40 PM.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2001, 01:01 AM
do you..
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
Joel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb ...

TO conform with simplicity: Love is one of those things...

Division By Zero (229) Alumni, 2003-2007
RAGE (173) Alumni, 1999-2003
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2001, 07:59 AM
#0497 (Orange Crush)

Andrew Dahl is an unknown quantity at this point
its what ever it needs to be for you-

the one thing that is definable only by your wants and desires

dahl
team497
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2001, 02:56 PM
-
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
EddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud of
Love (n) -

1 a (1) : strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties <maternal ~ for a child>

(2) : attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers

(3) : affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests <~ for his old schoolmates>

b : an assurance of love <give her my ~>

2 : warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion <~ of the sea>

3 a : the object of attachment, devotion, or admiration <baseball was his first ~>

b (1) : a beloved person : DARLING -- often used as a term of endearment

(2) British -- used as an informal term of address

4 a : unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another: as

(1) : the fatherly concern of God for humankind

(2) : brotherly concern for others

b : a person's adoration of God

5 : a god or personification of love

6 : an amorous episode : LOVE AFFAIR

7 : the sexual embrace : COPULATION

8 : a score of zero (as in tennis)

9 capitalized, Christian Science : GOD

In other words, The High priest has no clue.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2001, 04:15 PM
Christina's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
no team
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1999
Christina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Christina
someday my prince will come...

Actually, no, my prince already came. Love is something different for everyone. For me, I found love accidentally. I met Michael during a Thanksgiving food drive almost 5 years ago. And it was love at first sight (yeah, I know a bunch of you probably don't believe that exists). Being in love is being able to love someone for who they are. Someone who will help you through hard times and then celebrate the good times with you as well. And it worked out that I'm in love with my best friend as well. I love the person who knows me best. And the romantic in me likes to believe, love counquers all. I love you, Michael!

~Christina šoš

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2001, 06:58 PM
-
no team

EddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud of
Oh sure, make the rest of us feel bad.

Eh, no biggie. A friend once told The High Priest the right girl will come. So The High Priest is in no hurry.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2001, 08:39 PM
The_C
no team

Carolyn Duncan is a jewel in the roughCarolyn Duncan is a jewel in the roughCarolyn Duncan is a jewel in the rough
Don't sit back and do nothing. You might miss something. It's like knowing pert of the future then screwing up wat shoulda been. Get it? BTW Ed, know that we know you have no idea what love is we know you can read and transfer things well. LOL
C~ya,
Carolyn
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2001, 09:46 PM
Christina's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
no team
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1999
Christina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Christina
Quote:
Originally posted by EddieMcD
Oh sure, make the rest of us feel bad.

I didn't mean to make anyone feel bad! And Carolyn is right, don't just sit back and do nothing. You have to go out and meet people. I just happened to meet the love of my life at the age of 14. I got mine done early.

~Christina šoš

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2001, 10:59 PM
The_C
no team

Do you mean to say that you are a narcissist? Or are you saying that you don't think anyone will feel this way about you? Love grows when and where you least expect it.
C~ya,
Carolyn

P.S.~Ed get off the computer and out of the house. Meet people! It'll be fun.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-17-2001, 12:12 PM
-
no team

The High Priest does that every year at nats. Other than that, he tends to stick to himself. That's just the way The High Priest is. Besides, what's wrong with waiting for the right person?
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-17-2001, 12:51 PM
The_C
no team

nothing

There's nothing wrong with waiting for the right person but how are you going to meet the right person if you sit inside all the time? You won't realize it was the right person until it's too late. Do you think the right person is going to kick your door down to meet you?
C~ya,
Carolyn
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-17-2001, 01:15 PM
-
no team

Well, you gotta count natural events like going to school. You meet people there as well.

Besides, most of the girls I know like me as a friend. And The High Priest actually finds it easier to make friends with girls. So...
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-17-2001, 09:53 PM
Half the JVN,All theTaste
no team
Team Role: College Student

Pamela has a spectacular aura aboutPamela has a spectacular aura aboutPamela has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pamela
Smile Love is....

Love is having that one person in your life that you know you can count on to make everything all right. That you can call anytime of the day or night and one word from their mouth will make you feel all these emotions inside of you. Love is finding that someone who whether they hate you at the time or not they still will stop and listen to your problems and try to make everything in your life alright agian. Love is an emotion that can help you overcome any obstacle in your life. It will pull you through the dark times and keep you head in check during the good times. Love is caring so much about someone that their pain can easily be felt by you. You can tell what they are thinking and feeling with only a glance. Love is everything that makes the world good, and should be cherished and protected with all your might.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-17-2001, 09:59 PM
The_C
no team

That sounds god to me Pamela (as if it mattered what I think). Ed, school doesn't really count, well it's lame. Most people in high school are immature when it comes to stuff like that so you get make-up break-up shtuff. Most people are different outside of school anyway. Most of my friends are guys so I know that you have to go out and meet different people in order to find that right one. I feel like Dr. Laura.

Thats C like the letter not like looking through your eyes or the large bdy of water! Just the letter C and yes it's on my birth certificate!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: