OCCRA
Go to Post Remember, only YOU can set a good examples for rookies to search CD first before asking questions or responding!! - Foster [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Copioli is the man!!!
FRC #1403 (Cougar Robotics)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 1997
slickguy2007 has a reputation beyond reputeslickguy2007 has a reputation beyond reputeslickguy2007 has a reputation beyond reputeslickguy2007 has a reputation beyond reputeslickguy2007 has a reputation beyond reputeslickguy2007 has a reputation beyond reputeslickguy2007 has a reputation beyond reputeslickguy2007 has a reputation beyond reputeslickguy2007 has a reputation beyond reputeslickguy2007 has a reputation beyond reputeslickguy2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to slickguy2007
What do you think will happen....?

Last year the rules were very specific, but I still saw some teams getting away with breaking the rules(I am not complaining). Do you think that the rules are going to be enforced more this year? The fact that they allow the use of 4 cims suggest that the rules will be inforced more. Their is one thing though, every year when I go to nationals and I ask about the rules I am always told this... "The rules will probably not be enforced if it changes the outcome of a match". I don't know what to think this year, normally I have an idea but I want to get some input. Also I have another question, do you think that some matches will turn into some rough pushing matches? And if so how often do you think that it will happen(every match, most of them, none at all)? Thanxs for your help guys and happy shipping!

GO 1403!!!
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-19-2005, 10:24 PM
Too young to be an 'old guy'
FRC #0155 (Technonuts)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 1999
Jeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Jeff Rodriguez Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Rodriguez Send a message via Skype™ to Jeff Rodriguez
Re: What do you think will happen....?

What rules do you think are being broken?
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-19-2005, 10:32 PM
Copioli is the man!!!
FRC #1403 (Cougar Robotics)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 1997
slickguy2007 has a reputation beyond reputeslickguy2007 has a reputation beyond reputeslickguy2007 has a reputation beyond reputeslickguy2007 has a reputation beyond reputeslickguy2007 has a reputation beyond reputeslickguy2007 has a reputation beyond reputeslickguy2007 has a reputation beyond reputeslickguy2007 has a reputation beyond reputeslickguy2007 has a reputation beyond reputeslickguy2007 has a reputation beyond reputeslickguy2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to slickguy2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre
What rules do you think are being broken?
From last year? Many things, for instance on the field you weren't supposed to use your arm to grab a robot and start dragging it... (doing it on purpose) things like that are rough housing. The field refs told me that if a robot is doing something dangerous they will at least be shut down, sometimes teams got away with some dangerous things. Believe me I am not complaining and I don't mean to offend anyone, but I am just asking do you think that things will be different this year since the change in rules allowing 4cim motors?

GO 1403!!!
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-19-2005, 10:53 PM
Gone the way of the dinosaur
AKA: "Big Mike"
no team

Rookie Year: 1999
Mike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mike Schroeder Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Schroeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickguy2007
Last year the rules were very specific, but I still saw some teams getting away with breaking the rules(I am not complaining). Do you think that the rules are going to be enforced more this year? The fact that they allow the use of 4 cims suggest that the rules will be inforced more. Their is one thing though, every year when I go to nationals and I ask about the rules I am always told this... "The rules will probably not be enforced if it changes the outcome of a match". I don't know what to think this year, normally I have an idea but I want to get some input. Also I have another question, do you think that some matches will turn into some rough pushing matches? And if so how often do you think that it will happen(every match, most of them, none at all)? Thanxs for your help guys and happy shipping!
I believe that the refs are only human. every human makes mistake, you cant judge perfection without failure. so yes there will be missed calls but lets keep in mind people the head refs ruling is final so agruing with them will do very little except anger the ref just a few things to keep in mind

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard"-JFK
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-19-2005, 11:06 PM
Melodious Footware
AKA: *Crash!* Shuuuuuuuuuuuu
FRC #0639 (Code Red Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
Shu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Shu Song

As frustrated as a missed call is, Big Mike is right. There was one instance in 2003 that it was very obvious to just about everyone the arena that another team was intentionally ramming us, cuasing us to tip over, which we did. But if a ref didn't see it or perceive it as intentional, it's like nothing ever happened. I share your concern skickguy.

WINNER of the 2005 Finger Lakes Regional, thanks to teams 191 and 494.
WINNER of the 2004 Canadian Regional, thanks to teams 33 and 1112
WINNER of Delphi: Driving Tomorrow's Technology Award at the 2007 Finger Lakes Regional.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2005, 12:03 AM
BIG RED
AKA: BJ Boville
#1259 (Paradigm Shift)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2004
Squeje250 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Squeje250 Send a message via Yahoo to Squeje250

well i really dont know about how often the rules where borken but i didnt see a lot of it. so i think it will probly be like last year.

"CHANGING THE MIND OF PEOPLE ARROUND US"

---------------------------------------------------
2004 Midwest Regionals - "Highest Rookie seed"
2004 Midwest Regionals - "DaimlerChrysler Team Spirit"
Placed 4th (7-1-0) in 2004 Midwest Regionals
2005 Midwest Regionals - "Imagery Award"
Placed 16th (5-5-0) in 2005 Midwest Regionals
2005 Nationals - placed 5th (6-1-0) in NEWTON
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2005, 12:36 AM
Ambitious but rubbish!
FRC #0177 (Bobcat Robotics)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
Peter Matteson has a reputation beyond reputePeter Matteson has a reputation beyond reputePeter Matteson has a reputation beyond reputePeter Matteson has a reputation beyond reputePeter Matteson has a reputation beyond reputePeter Matteson has a reputation beyond reputePeter Matteson has a reputation beyond reputePeter Matteson has a reputation beyond reputePeter Matteson has a reputation beyond reputePeter Matteson has a reputation beyond reputePeter Matteson has a reputation beyond repute

After today's UTC scrimmage I think there a re a couple of rules that FIRST will be looking at more closely. There were some teams penalized for breaking rules even though I feel they met the "spirit of the rule". I also felt they were struggling with some rule changes and will adjust over the next couple weeks. I expect a few rule clarification/field element modifications in the final update after today's scrimmage.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-29-2007, 05:39 PM
Mentor
AKA: Glenn
FRC #0359 (Hawaiian Kids)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2000
waialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond repute

this year, we should see less ramming, etc.
Last year, you had to spend 30 seconds playing defense. Thus, you would expect some pushing and shoving to occur.
However, with everyone racing to put 1 ringer on each spider leg, you can be sure that its going to look more like a tetra match of 2005, with a few trying to block.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: