OCCRA
Go to Post You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Steven Donow [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #46   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-17-2009, 06:12 PM
AKA: adam spears
FRC #1557 (12voltbolt)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2007
gorrilla has a brilliant futuregorrilla has a brilliant futuregorrilla has a brilliant futuregorrilla has a brilliant futuregorrilla has a brilliant futuregorrilla has a brilliant futuregorrilla has a brilliant futuregorrilla has a brilliant futuregorrilla has a brilliant futuregorrilla has a brilliant futuregorrilla has a brilliant future
Re: Dear Rookies - It only gets better....

we just shipped, fully funcutioning

cant wait for the regional

our rookie team 2797, shipped too

2010: Florida Regional Finalists.
2010: Goveners Award.
2010: Florida Regional Judges Award.
2010: UL Saftey award.
2009: Florida Regional Chairmans
2009: Rockwell Automation Innovation in Controll Award.
  #47   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Cornell 2014!
FRC #0571 (Team Paragon)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2006
tim_reiher is just really nicetim_reiher is just really nicetim_reiher is just really nicetim_reiher is just really nicetim_reiher is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to tim_reiher

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorrilla View Post
we just shipped, fully funcutioning

cant wait for the regional

our rookie team 2797, shipped too
Congratulations to you guys!

One thing I love about ship day is how everybody, from the rookie to the ten-plus-year veteran, can feel accomplishment and pride in what they've spent the last six weeks pouring their hard work, time, blood, sweat, and tears into.

Also, I enjoy restoring a normal sleep cycle. But not as much as the first thing.

Today's words of advice- "don't try to broach through your finger". Nothing good can really come of it.
Check out our really new website!
  #48   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Onward through the fog.
FRC #0418 (LASA Robotics/Purple Haze)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute

One of my very favorite parts of FRC is seeing the tired but beaming smiles on the faces of the students and the mentors of a rookie team at the end of build season. In some small way (or perhaps large way), they have been transformed and have begun the process of building a team. It never gets old.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)

Last edited by JaneYoung : 02-17-2009 at 07:12 PM.
  #49   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Team 2175 Founder
AKA: Kevin O'Connor
no team
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2007
Vikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond reputeVikesrock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Vikesrock Send a message via MSN to Vikesrock Send a message via Yahoo to Vikesrock

Time to bring up another post I have bookmarked from my adventures through the spotlights.

Congratulations to all the rookies for making it through your first FRC build season!!

2007 Wisconsin Regional Highest Rookie Seed & Regional Finalists (Thanks 930 & 2039)
2008 MN Regional Semifinalists (Thanks 2472 & 1756)
2009 Northstar Regional Semifinalists (Thanks 171 & 525)
  #50   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Media/Scouting/Website Coordinator
AKA: Patrick
FRC #0061 (BVT Robotics)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2009
computerteen643 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to computerteen643 Send a message via Skype™ to computerteen643
Cool Re: Dear Rookies - It only gets better....

i know its been tough for rookies this season. this may include a lack of funding, manpower, or skill. but this is not the end. you will have the time of your life at your first frc competition, whether you win or lose. not only is this a competition, but a culture. each regional is like a party for our own little culture
2009 Connecticut Regional Finalists
2009 16th in Archimedes Division

http://team61.com
  #51   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Gary Dillard's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Generator of Entropy
AKA: you know, the old bald guy
FRC #2973 (The Mad Rockers)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1998
Gary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Gary Dillard

Kinda funny - when I originally wrote that post I was with SPAM; I've mentored 2 rookie teams since then and it certainly applied to us looking from the other side
  #52   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Winner, Chief Delphi Insanity Award
AKA: Jeremy Marr
FRC #0240 (T.E.M.P.E.S.T.)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2004
MishraArtificer is a glorious beacon of lightMishraArtificer is a glorious beacon of lightMishraArtificer is a glorious beacon of lightMishraArtificer is a glorious beacon of lightMishraArtificer is a glorious beacon of lightMishraArtificer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Collette View Post
Remember we're pulling for you, we're all in this together.
Digging the Possum Lodge reference. GO GO RED GREEN!
[/offtopic]

[ontopic] That was a heck of a read. I never saw this thread before it got bumped this last time. Anyone who goes to the Michigan Championships, if they're still at the Convocation Center at EMU, I'll probably be there. Look for me in my vintage Team 240 TEMPEST Robotics shirt, or my Button Mail Armor.[/ontopic]

P.S.: I still need to finish that ****ed thing. If you have buttons, I'll take one of each variant. Also, Am I the only one with all 5 Gearheads buttons?

#53   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-23-2010, 06:54 PM
Done for awhile...
AKA: Joe Sanchez
FRC #0229 (Division By Zero)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2008
O'Sancheski has a reputation beyond reputeO'Sancheski has a reputation beyond reputeO'Sancheski has a reputation beyond reputeO'Sancheski has a reputation beyond reputeO'Sancheski has a reputation beyond reputeO'Sancheski has a reputation beyond reputeO'Sancheski has a reputation beyond reputeO'Sancheski has a reputation beyond reputeO'Sancheski has a reputation beyond reputeO'Sancheski has a reputation beyond reputeO'Sancheski has a reputation beyond repute

yes... i hope everyone on all teams feel accomplished at what they have done... even if you only made one part on the robot, you were a big help... without that part the robot wouldn't function properly... so good luck to all the teams and see you at the regionals
  #54   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Feeling Honorable
FRC #1676 (Pascack PI Oneers)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
DonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Dillard View Post
Kinda funny - when I originally wrote that post I was with SPAM; I've mentored 2 rookie teams since then and it certainly applied to us looking from the other side
Hard to believe this was from FIVE years ago (our rookie year), and it still fits perfectly. Very nice, Gary, and thanks again.

I am N2IRZ - What's your callsign?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: