Go to Post I was surprised how easily Mike hoisted me off the ground. I'm nearly 250 pounds and he lifted me up like I was a soccer ball! :ahh: - Koko Ed [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > IT / Communications > 3D Animation and Competition
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2005, 10:38 AM
no team

Rookie Year: 2003
Li Jianliang has a spectacular aura aboutLi Jianliang has a spectacular aura about
2005 Regional AVA Winners

How has it been? Which other animations in your Regional seemed to have a chance to win but didn't?

Team 955 won the Sacramento Regional AVA. Team 1097's (last year's Sacramento winner) animation was pretty good, too. ^_^
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2005, 10:49 AM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock
Re: 2005 Regional AVA Winners

From the webcast, I saw that team Team 435 - The Robodogs - CISCO/NCSU/SE Raleigh won the award, and they played the song Shiny Happy People by REM.

And in Rochester, going by the picture gallery on FIRSTRochester.org,
Team 340 - Bausch & Lomb, Churchville-Chilli HS from Churchville NY won it.
(I think)

Congratulations to all those teams..

#3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2005, 03:41 PM
AKA: Master of the Sweatshop
FRC #0230 (GaelHawks)

Rookie Year: 1999
stevek has a spectacular aura aboutstevek has a spectacular aura aboutstevek has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgin Clock
...and they played the song Shiny Happy People by REM.
Do you mean they had copy righted music and they won. Or was it a knock off?
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2005, 03:44 PM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek
Do you mean they had copy righted music and they won. Or was it a knock off?
OMG.. no.. they played it during the award presentation at the event. The play a song during every award.. Usual the same at all regionals, and The Championship event.

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2005, 06:24 PM
Serial Volunteer
AKA: Ed Patterson
FRC #0191 (X-Cats)

Rookie Year: 2002
Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
From the webcast, I saw that team Team 435 - The Robodogs - CISCO/NCSU/SE Raleigh won the award, and they played the song Shiny Happy People by REM.

(I think)

Yup it was 340 wh o won it.
Mike Roushey is the best animator in FIRST. period.
If you see the animation you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-06-2005, 03:43 PM
Echo 7
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
LoganB is on a distinguished road

Quote:

(I think)

Yep we took home the animation award in VCU and its Hunter/NCSU/SE Raleigh. Good Times.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2005, 03:01 PM
AKA: Rees
FRC #0340 (Greater Rochester Robotics)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2000
rees2001 has a reputation beyond reputerees2001 has a reputation beyond reputerees2001 has a reputation beyond reputerees2001 has a reputation beyond reputerees2001 has a reputation beyond reputerees2001 has a reputation beyond reputerees2001 has a reputation beyond reputerees2001 has a reputation beyond reputerees2001 has a reputation beyond reputerees2001 has a reputation beyond reputerees2001 has a reputation beyond repute

Headline reads:
340 wins again.

Yes as Ed said, Mike our team AVA guy won again. I must say Mike has grown a lot in the past 3 years. Each year he has won the award, & this year being his Senior year he is especially happy. Luckily for us he mentored a number of new students and we should be reloaded for next year. Just to let you know Ed, he mentored a freshman this year & the kid is already pretty good. See you in 2009.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2005, 03:05 PM
IUPUI Student/ 3D Animator
None #0393 (Full Metal Jackets)

Rookie Year: 1999
Baden3DMAX13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Baden3DMAX13 Send a message via MSN to Baden3DMAX13 Send a message via Yahoo to Baden3DMAX13

If anybody read my last post before I deleted it, I'm sorry, I was in a bad mood rambling and shouldn't have said anything that I did. And I'm sorry if I affended anyone by puting what I did. It's all about team work and having fun, and I guess my fun-o-meter wasn't quite full yet, but anyways, sorry and yah... If you have 0 idea what I'm talking about, just don't worry about it, it's in the past and behind me.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2005, 04:54 PM
no team

Li Jianliang has a spectacular aura aboutLi Jianliang has a spectacular aura about

I just watched Team 133, 340 & 435's animation... They were neat. *_*

Does anyone know which team won the Peachtree AVA?

Last edited by Li Jianliang : 03-07-2005 at 04:58 PM.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2005, 09:15 PM
FRC #0701 (RoboVikes)
Team Role: Alumni

Salik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Salik Syed

wut'd u think of 701s animation this year... ... this has to be one of the quickest animations... ever made in first ..... w/o rendering the modelling and animation took a total of 4 hours! i timed myself...!
i'm sorry i came short this year but i am also the arm driver and pretty much one of the hardcore build/design/ do everything on the robot people (we have a SMALL team so like 8 people do everything!) next year the message will be more cliche firsty instead of the dorky talking tetra new reporter
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-08-2005, 10:15 AM
FRC #1002 (The CircuitRunners)
Team Role: Teacher

wheeler is a jewel in the roughwheeler is a jewel in the roughwheeler is a jewel in the roughwheeler is a jewel in the rough

Peachtree AVA was won by 1414 IHot
2006 Peachtree Chairman's Award
2006 Peachtree VEX Champion & Challenge Award
2005 Peachtree Chairman's Award
2004 Championships Chairman's HM
2004 Peachtree Chairman's Award & Champions
2003 Peachtree Rookie All-Star
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2005, 04:49 PM
no team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler
Peachtree AVA was won by 1414 IHot
Thankee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salik Syed
wut'd u think of 701s animation this year...
I thought your animation to be very funny- your animation ranked 2nd place in my scoring, at 75/100 after 1097 (82/100). A tetra with personality! I liked it! It gave you a big boost in Creativity. What I scored down on was Technicality- The news could've had a better intro and outro, the garbled speech between the reporter and the tetra (confusing; didn't sound too good), the green that got reflected into the tetra's eyes (o_o), and how the whole thing simply stopped at the end. Because your Technicality was perplexing, I couldn't find the Concept clearly, either, so I had to score that down, too.

If anyone's curious, here's how I scored the teams at Sacramento:
Feel free to inquire about how I scored them.

Team #114 - 74
Team #115 - 60
Team #245R - 65
Team #254 - 59
Team #393 - 49
Team #701 - 75
Team #955 - N/A
Team #1097 - 82
Team #1147R - 56
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Master of Ceremonies #117
#0117 (Steel Dragons)
Team Role: Animator

OwenCarson is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to OwenCarson

I hear that Team 1579 won the Israeli regional for animation (must have been an interesting regional all around, since all the teams were rookies). Can't find them on Streamline though, and they don't seem to have a website. Will have to wait until tomorrow's regional, but sounds like it'll be worth it.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-10-2005, 07:08 PM
FRC #0701 (RoboVikes)
Team Role: Alumni

Salik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Salik Syed

thanks... now i feel i shoulda put in that extra few minutes.... but as ship date came around no time ... unfortunate... my goal is to win next year
the green in the eyes is the stupid premiere/codec...
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Master of Ceremonies #117
#0117 (Steel Dragons)
Team Role: Animator

OwenCarson is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to OwenCarson

I was wrong in the old post (now deleted), it was actually team 1573 that won the Israeli Regional. Definitely well worth the look, it's the best competing animation I've seen so far (technically speaking). Too bad it is only available on the DVDs sent to all regionals occurring this week. I really recommend everyone at those regionals watches it.

In other news (and as another reason to bump the post and not just edit it), speaking of regional animations we have set up a machine where we held animation demonstrations/lessons near where the animations were showing. If you are in the Pittsburgh regional feel free to stop by. It wasn't just a one-sided event, I even met someone who shared my minority views about attempting to create photorealistic characters in CG.
It would be neat if there were similar informal animation seminars in the other regionals, since the only thing animators have to do at regionals is judge the other animations. It's a neat way to share ideas and techniques, and quite easy to set up.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: