OCCRA
Go to Post I have no defined complaints, and I have no solution. I simply have mixed feelings. - Andrew Blair [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > Rumor Mill
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-01-2001, 08:56 AM
Never Forget FIRST 1992-2000
FRC #0146 (Blue Lightning)

Rookie Year: 1996
Justin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Justin
What is this I hear about....

What is this I hear about....a possible BBQ for those @ BattleCry after the competition??? Anymore word on this possability from the WPI camp?? I gotta say one of my favorite parts about Summer comps is the food. So far I like Mayhem's setup and Bash's setup the best. I hope Bash continues the tradtion of all u can eat free food that'd be nice

-Justin
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-01-2001, 09:35 AM
Software guy
FRC #0111 (Wildstang)
Team Role: Engineer

Mike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond repute
TechnoPig

I don't think any competition's food can beat the TechnoPig we got at IRI. Excellent BBQ pork
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-01-2001, 11:04 AM
no team

Bill Whitley is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Bill Whitley
Technopig

I ate the Techonokats' mascot's leg.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-01-2001, 11:27 PM
Christina's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
no team

Rookie Year: 1999
Christina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Christina
eww...

I just can't help but remember the food at regionals, and nationals from last year (I didn't even attempt their food this year)...it was some nasty stuff. Just thinking about it...eww...

~Christina šoš

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2001, 10:25 AM
Now an AIR Striker....
FRC #0078

Rookie Year: 1997
Tom Schindler has a reputation beyond reputeTom Schindler has a reputation beyond reputeTom Schindler has a reputation beyond reputeTom Schindler has a reputation beyond reputeTom Schindler has a reputation beyond reputeTom Schindler has a reputation beyond reputeTom Schindler has a reputation beyond reputeTom Schindler has a reputation beyond reputeTom Schindler has a reputation beyond reputeTom Schindler has a reputation beyond reputeTom Schindler has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tom Schindler
Re: eww...

Quote:
Originally posted by Christina
...and nationals from last year (I didn't even attempt their food this year)...it was some nasty stuff.
I actually thought the food this year at nationals was fairly good.... those huge hot dogs...yum, i could go for one of those right now

Tom Schindler
Team 177
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2001, 12:09 PM
cd addicted ninny
#0419 (rambots)

mike o'leary is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to mike o'leary Send a message via AIM to mike o'leary Send a message via Yahoo to mike o'leary
i found that the food was a bit too expensive for the likes of me...so me and my friends all went to a walmart (i think) that was across the street from our hotel and got food for the week

***ninny pride***
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2001, 12:40 PM
From the Land of Circular Weather
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 1998
Lora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Lora Knepper Send a message via MSN to Lora Knepper
Cool

The food at Nats wasn't that bad...the party anyway. I try to avoid the other food at the competitions...too expensive! Hey Tom...you have to admit that the food at the Meadows was horrible though...in 3 years it hasn't improved at all. Party is getting better though.

~ lora
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2001, 01:33 PM
Asst Dir, WPI Robotics Resource Ctr
FRC #0190 (Gompei and the HERD)
Team Role: Mentor

ColleenShaver is a glorious beacon of lightColleenShaver is a glorious beacon of lightColleenShaver is a glorious beacon of lightColleenShaver is a glorious beacon of lightColleenShaver is a glorious beacon of lightColleenShaver is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ColleenShaver
Thumbs up BCII

I can't speak for the staff of Battlecry, cause, well.. I'm not on it (for all of you who may wonder.. T190 splits up for BattleCry.. those who choose work staff, others work team.. and those of us on the team rarely no more than you guys!! )

In any case-- I've heard the BBQ rumor as well.. with all the talk of people waiting a dance etc.. I believe Jon and/or Kate brought it up to the staff and they are working on something like that.. there are a few teams traveling a bit of a ways (hello michigan )

As well-- we're still looking to organize a little CRUD with interested parties/teams/etcs if they let us know

Gompei2k1 will be ready for action for battlecry.. and we'll be looking forward to having you all at WPI!

See you at Mayhem next weekend

colleen

p.s. i didn't dare try the pig-- but i've got the picture!! (www.wpi.edu/~colleen/indiana.html)
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2001, 02:42 PM
Now an AIR Striker....
FRC #0078

Rookie Year: 1997
Tom Schindler has a reputation beyond reputeTom Schindler has a reputation beyond reputeTom Schindler has a reputation beyond reputeTom Schindler has a reputation beyond reputeTom Schindler has a reputation beyond reputeTom Schindler has a reputation beyond reputeTom Schindler has a reputation beyond reputeTom Schindler has a reputation beyond reputeTom Schindler has a reputation beyond reputeTom Schindler has a reputation beyond reputeTom Schindler has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tom Schindler
Quote:
Originally posted by Lora Knepper
The food at Nats wasn't that bad...the party anyway. I try to avoid the other food at the competitions...too expensive! Hey Tom...you have to admit that the food at the Meadows was horrible though...in 3 years it hasn't improved at all. Party is getting better though.

~ lora
you are right... the meadows food was... well lets just say our team made many burger king runs...

the battlecry food last year was probably the best food i've had at any competition... especially cause we got to sit outside and it was a really nice day... i'm used to being cramped in the pits and eating

Tom
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2001, 03:28 PM
Christina's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
no team

Christina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Christina
hmm...

Well, like I said, I avoided the food this year at Nationals, I ate in EPCOT instead. But, I CAN speak about the regional food, and that stuff was nasty. Not as bad as last year though, then again, not much could be.

~Christina

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2001, 06:59 PM
#0311 (Red Jammers)

Kyle Hill is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Kyle Hill
Actually, the Long Island Regional food was ok.. I'll eat most anything though, so I'm not the most steadfast critic.

Two quick thoughts, though.
1) Lunch was expensive at the Regional sites, and if you didn't pay for it or wait on the ridiculously long lines you had to go about ten hours until the team party without any food. (Luckily the Regional we went to was about ten minutes away from my house so I was able to fill up my backpack with about a hundred bottles of water every morning.)

2) Anyone for more vegetarian food at Nationals? With the lunch coupons I don't remember getting much that was edible at the big commisary tent behind Einstein besides hot dogs and hamburgers.

.k2 - team 311 - red jammers
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2001, 07:06 PM
A Legacy of Impact
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)
Team Role: Mentor

David Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to David Kelly Send a message via Yahoo to David Kelly
Thumbs down Food, WHAT FOOD?

I hardly ever ate when I was in a competition. When you're the person everyone is looking for, knows where everything is at, what is going on, and one of the drivers it's kinda hard to eat. I think I only ate lunch 3 or 4 times out of all 3 competitions that we went to. I actually loose weight during the robotics seasom. I'm not usually the person to skip a meal.

2010 Boilermaker Regional

Chairman's Award, Regional Finalist
2010 Kansas City Regional
Entrepreneurship Award

2010 Championships
Autodesk Inventor Award Winner
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2001, 07:40 PM
Andy Baker's Avatar Woodie Flowers Award
President, AndyMark, Inc.
FRC #3940 (CyberTooth)

Andy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andy Baker
TechnoPig & Kokomo Pictures

Quote:
Originally posted by colleen-t190

colleen

p.s. i didn't dare try the pig-- but i've got the picture!! (www.wpi.edu/~colleen/indiana.html)
Colleen,

Loved the pictures! Thanks for putting TechnoPig and the other Kokomo pics on the web.

Andy B.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2001, 07:52 PM
From the Land of Circular Weather
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Lora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Lora Knepper Send a message via MSN to Lora Knepper
Re: Food, WHAT FOOD?

Quote:
Originally posted by David Kelly
I hardly ever ate when I was in a competition. When you're the person everyone is looking for, knows where everything is at, what is going on, and one of the drivers it's kinda hard to eat. I think I only ate lunch 3 or 4 times out of all 3 competitions that we went to. I actually loose weight during the robotics seasom. I'm not usually the person to skip a meal.
David, the 3 years I drove were the same for me...this year it was odd getting the chance to *gasp* plan lunch with people Though for the NE Regional all I have to say is thank god for Bobcat Burger King runs!

~ lora
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-03-2001, 06:56 AM
AKA: Patrick Dingle
no team

patrickrd is a splendid one to beholdpatrickrd is a splendid one to beholdpatrickrd is a splendid one to beholdpatrickrd is a splendid one to beholdpatrickrd is a splendid one to beholdpatrickrd is a splendid one to beholdpatrickrd is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to patrickrd
I didn't eat much at nationals... I think I bought an ice cream once. Most of the stuff I ate I bought at my hotel, because the food at nats was so expensive.

At NYC, there was actually some pretty good food. There was a nice deli nearby with a great selection of things to choose from. If that doesn't work for you, there's several other Columbia dining places, although I didn't go to them. And of course, there's the thousands of restauraunts on Broadway.

Patrick

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: