OCCRA
Go to Post The major items of FIRST are still what they always were.....understand the game, build a reliable quality machine to play it, train you drivers to use it to its full potential. If you do these things, you can win with or without any specific machine feature. - Jim Zondag [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > IT / Communications
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2005, 11:36 PM
well........
AKA: Just Julie!
FRC #0538
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
JulieB is a glorious beacon of lightJulieB is a glorious beacon of lightJulieB is a glorious beacon of lightJulieB is a glorious beacon of lightJulieB is a glorious beacon of lightJulieB is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to JulieB
Webpage software?

Can anyone think of some good webpage maker software?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2005, 11:43 PM
Go Bears!
FRC #1110 (Binary Bulldogs)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2003
Joshua May has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua May has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua May has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua May has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua May has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua May has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua May has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua May has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua May has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua May has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua May has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Joshua May
Re: Webpage software?

I've always been partial to Notepad, but you may also check out Microsoft FrontPage and Macromedia Dreamweaver.

2005 Las Vegas Regional Autodesk Visualization Award
2005 Las Vegas Regional #8 Seeded Alliance with 988 and 1505
2006 Southern California Regional #15 seed
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2005, 11:44 PM
I named Greg Needel's cat!
AKA: Dave DeLong
no team (Rhode Warriors)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2004
MrToast has much to be proud ofMrToast has much to be proud ofMrToast has much to be proud ofMrToast has much to be proud ofMrToast has much to be proud ofMrToast has much to be proud ofMrToast has much to be proud ofMrToast has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to MrToast

If you're on a Mac, check out these titles:

RapidWeaver
BBEdit or TextWrangler

I've surfed around a lot for web page software (I'm a site designer), and these are the best one's I've found. Here are some other miscellaneous links:

WordPress, an open source weblog
Transmit 3 (FTP client)

HTH!

Dave
(#121, 2004) Archimedes semi-finalists with 237 and 386! I had an awesome time guys, and thanks for the hat!
(#121, 2004) BC5 semi-finalists with 190 and 1027! Awesome time! We went further than I thought we could! Thanks for all your help w/ our transmission!
(#121, 2005) Galileo quarter-finalists with 47 and 203! Thanks for all your support through the stress!
------------------------------
If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape.
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40
------------------------------
"It'll all work out in the end, and if it doesn't, it's not the end." - Jeff Bullock
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2005, 11:47 PM
back to school ;-)
FRC #0696 (Circuit Breakers)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2002
sanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond repute

Back in the day when I did my team's web site, I used www.coffeecup.com They make some pretty good software that is easy to get started and to learn with. It can make some good looking pages without too much trouble. Also, if I remember correctly a 30 day trial is free and the full version is only like $40.

As for frontpage, I'll tell you that I absolutely hate it. As for Dreamweaver, I have only watched someone use it but it seems pretty good.
Student Mechanical Leader and Driver, Team 696 Circuit Breakers, 2002-2004

Support Team 696 on DonorsChoose!
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2005, 05:27 AM
Programming User
FRC #1317 (Digital Fusion)
Team Role: Programmer

Ryan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud of

Dreamweaver is great. They have a thirty day trial, but you'll get hooked....

Macromedia Homesite is basically stripped down Dreamweaver. It's also very good and the full version is much cheaper.

Other than that, I'd say go to a place like http://www.download.com and look in their editor section for something you like. (Direct link: http://www.download.com/Editors/3150...0.html?tag=dir)

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2005, 08:38 AM
None #0546 (Technotics)
Team Role: Programmer

JonBell is just really niceJonBell is just really niceJonBell is just really niceJonBell is just really niceJonBell is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to JonBell

I'm just setting up our website (for team 546), and I use the Mambo CMS, and BBEdit for customizing templates and writing modules. I was going to write it all out by hand, but then I realized that this way it will be much easier for other people on the team to update it, seeing as it's in a CMS.

What about openFirst?
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2005, 09:42 AM
FRC #1241 (theory 6 - team hansen experience of robotic youth)

theory6 is just really nicetheory6 is just really nicetheory6 is just really nicetheory6 is just really nicetheory6 is just really nice

Simple HTML can do wonders. I'd recommend Dreamweaver like many others above me, because its simple to use after the first few tries and VERY powerful in terms of productivity and efficiency. However the only drawback is that to use the full potential of Dreamweaver you will need to know a bit of coding (PHP or Javascript) to give your webpage an extra edge.

There are tons of free D-I-Y webbuilders. One that I used to use when I first started is Arachnophobia. Very basic yet very effective.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2005, 09:57 AM
Webmaster
AKA: Matt Blumenthal
None #1168 (Malvern Robotics)

DeepBluSomethin is an unknown quantity at this point

I just code everything by hand in Editpad Pro, but you can't go wrong with Dreamweaver.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2005, 10:27 AM
no team

Rookie Year: 1995
Ashley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to do JAVA, Borland has packages out to download in previous versions, and newer trial versions available.

The Developer and Foundation will be what you are looking for in a JBuilder Environment.

check JBuilder downloads
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: