Go to Post Where can I buy the awesomeness that you used on that? Do they sell it at andymark? - HansJ [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2005, 06:32 AM
Controls Engineer
AKA: chakorules
None #1501 (Team THRUST)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Chris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Chris_Elston Send a message via Yahoo to Chris_Elston
Programmable LED Badges 1501 had at BoilerMaker Regional

Hey guys,

We had alot of teams ask where we got the programmable LED Badges that Team THRUST 1501 had at the BoilerMaker Regional. Here is a link to get them.

BUY the LED Badge Here

They cost $12.00. The normal price is $20.00 at the website. To get the $12.00 price you have to put your team number, team name, team mentor, and dean kamen in the comments field when you place the order.

It's a pretty good price if interested. Think Geek.com has this same badge for $35.00 each. Plus it's a special price for just FIRST robotics people.

It's programmable upto 125 characters with 4 speed scrolls. The battery only last about 48 hours if you leave it on all the time. Comes with a SERIAL programming cable. No USB yet :-(

PS: I asked the moderators if it was ok to share this with you guys, they said ok.

Favorite CD quote:
"That can't be their 'bot. not nearly enough (if any) rivets to be a 1501 machine." ~RogerR: Team #1369
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2005, 07:36 AM
{Error Processing Custom Title}
AKA: oneangrydwarf/jtosh
no team (old school gangsta)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2000
Josh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Josh Hambright
Re: Programmable LED Badges 1501 had at BoilerMaker Regional

Very cool chris,
I happened to catch a glimpse of these things at boilermaker and i was very impressed.
I may have to look into purchasing one, if for no other reason, then to have a programmable button!
Co-Founder IndianaFIRST

Share your FIRST photos on Flickr!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2005, 08:24 AM
Reject False Icons
no team

Joe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakorules
Hey guys,

We had alot of teams ask where we got the programmable LED Badges that Team THRUST 1501 had at the BoilerMaker Regional. Here is a link to get them.

BUY the LED Badge Here

They cost $12.00. The normal price is $20.00 at the website. To get the $12.00 price you have to put your team number, team name, team mentor, and dean kamen in the comments field when you place the order.

It's a pretty good price if interested. Think Geek.com has this same badge for $35.00 each. Plus it's a special price for just FIRST robotics people.

It's programmable upto 125 characters with 4 speed scrolls. The battery only last about 48 hours if you leave it on all the time. Comes with a SERIAL programming cable. No USB yet :-(

PS: I asked the moderators if it was ok to share this with you guys, they said ok.
Wow, thanks man! I will be getting one for Champs!
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2005, 08:45 AM
AKA: Matt Syska
FRC #0195 (Cyber Knights)
Team Role: Electrical

Rookie Year: 2003
Sscamatt has much to be proud ofSscamatt has much to be proud ofSscamatt has much to be proud ofSscamatt has much to be proud ofSscamatt has much to be proud ofSscamatt has much to be proud ofSscamatt has much to be proud ofSscamatt has much to be proud ofSscamatt has much to be proud ofSscamatt has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Sscamatt

Sweet, I just ordered mine. Awesome for the price.
2006 Radio Shack Innovation in Control Award, UTC Regional

RIT Class of 2011
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2005, 10:18 AM
In search of a home...
AKA: Michael Wessler
no team

Rookie Year: 2005
ForgottenSalad will become famous soon enoughForgottenSalad will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ForgottenSalad

I'm not sure what team had them, but I remember seeing them around at the SBPLI regional... Those things were awesome... for $12 each, that's not too bad if your team has the cash for them...
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2005, 11:20 AM
"Scale Electric Vehicle"
AKA: Shane Colton
FRC #0097
Team Role: College Student

ZZII 527 has a reputation beyond reputeZZII 527 has a reputation beyond reputeZZII 527 has a reputation beyond reputeZZII 527 has a reputation beyond reputeZZII 527 has a reputation beyond reputeZZII 527 has a reputation beyond reputeZZII 527 has a reputation beyond reputeZZII 527 has a reputation beyond reputeZZII 527 has a reputation beyond reputeZZII 527 has a reputation beyond reputeZZII 527 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ZZII 527

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgottenSalad
I'm not sure what team had them, but I remember seeing them around at the SBPLI regional... Those things were awesome... for $12 each, that's not too bad if your team has the cash for them...
You saw the single badge that has made its way through both BAE (with Team 97) and SBPLI (with Team 527). I purchased it in an electronics swap meet at MIT for $60 . Well, this one can hold eight 125-character messages with variable scroll speeds and brightness. Plus, it is programmable by infrared, which is really cool, and the battery seems to be lasting for ever. I'm bringing it down to nationals, of course, but it seems 527 won't be the only team with one now that you are all getting such a great deal on them.

Good pic of the winning alliance just after it was formed and the LED badge:
http://web.mit.edu/scolton/www/ledbadge.jpg
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2005, 12:20 PM
Head of Electronics
AKA: Kevin F.
FRC #1596 (Twin Saults International Instigators)

Rookie Year: 2005
the_short1 is a name known to allthe_short1 is a name known to allthe_short1 is a name known to allthe_short1 is a name known to allthe_short1 is a name known to allthe_short1 is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to the_short1

sweet link. .thanks ..

i wanted to make our own .. nice big one.. tri color leds. . the whole bit . . so during a competition, on our robot we could have messages programed like if we capped a tetra the driver can hit a button and it will show SCORE!.. and whatnots.. . but then ran outa fundage and time ...
2006 Website (Totally Revamped):Instigators1596.com
2006 GLR: 31st/61 Seed, Aliance: 835, 1213, 1596 (Quarter Finalists) Spirit & 3 peer awards, THX!
2006 Waterloo: 7th/31 Seed, Aliance: 1219, 1596, 912 (Semi Finalists) Spirit & 2 peer awards, THX!
2006 Waterloo: Aliance: 1596, 1680, 1114 Higest Match Score: (Q22) 128|32
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2005, 02:31 PM
It's hard hat time here in Boston
AKA: DFB
FRC #0125 (NUTRONS)

Rookie Year: 2002
Daniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Daniel Brim

Team 294 will be sporting these at SoCal and championships again this year. We are sponsored by digitalbadge.com
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2005, 04:40 PM
I AM CANADIAN! (Je suis Canadien)
AKA: Oliver Mutton
FRC #1006 (Port Perry Robotics)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2002
omutton is a name known to allomutton is a name known to allomutton is a name known to allomutton is a name known to allomutton is a name known to allomutton is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to omutton Send a message via MSN to omutton

Yay! I bought one!!!!
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2005, 04:56 PM
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2000
KyleGilbert45 has a brilliant futureKyleGilbert45 has a brilliant futureKyleGilbert45 has a brilliant futureKyleGilbert45 has a brilliant futureKyleGilbert45 has a brilliant futureKyleGilbert45 has a brilliant futureKyleGilbert45 has a brilliant futureKyleGilbert45 has a brilliant futureKyleGilbert45 has a brilliant futureKyleGilbert45 has a brilliant futureKyleGilbert45 has a brilliant future

These are pretty cool, and a good price too. I have one question though, does the serial end of the cable connect into the badge or the computer. The only reason i'm asking is because I have a laptop that doesnt have a serial connection and I don't want to spend the extra money on a Serial-USB converter.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2005, 05:10 PM
Purdue FIRST
no team
Team Role: College Student

Kevyn H. is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kevyn H. Send a message via MSN to Kevyn H. Send a message via Skype™ to Kevyn H.

Sorry, the serial end goes to the computer.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Controls Engineer
None #1501 (Team THRUST)

Chris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond repute

Your welcome. Hope it helps somehow.

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneangrydwarf
Very cool chris,
I happened to catch a glimpse of these things at boilermaker and i was very impressed.
I may have to look into purchasing one, if for no other reason, then to have a programmable button!

Favorite CD quote:
"That can't be their 'bot. not nearly enough (if any) rivets to be a 1501 machine." ~RogerR: Team #1369
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2005, 11:09 PM
the Beast of 116
AKA: Big G
FRC #0116 (epsilon delta)
Team Role: Mentor

george56 has a spectacular aura aboutgeorge56 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to george56

cool!! I'm soo getting me one of those.

one question is the battery rechargable, do you know?
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2005, 11:38 PM
AKA: Matt Syska
FRC #0195 (Cyber Knights)

Sscamatt has much to be proud ofSscamatt has much to be proud ofSscamatt has much to be proud ofSscamatt has much to be proud ofSscamatt has much to be proud ofSscamatt has much to be proud ofSscamatt has much to be proud ofSscamatt has much to be proud ofSscamatt has much to be proud ofSscamatt has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Sscamatt

They are standard CR2032 batteries, (they aren't rechargeable) You can buy them at radioshack for about $3 or order them for $1 each with your LED badge. I'm sure you can find a lot of them or something like that on eBay also.
2006 Radio Shack Innovation in Control Award, UTC Regional

RIT Class of 2011
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2005, 09:09 PM
Controls Engineer
None #1501 (Team THRUST)

Yeah eBay does have a few online now, you can get lots of 10 pretty cheap.

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sscamatt
They are standard CR2032 batteries, (they aren't rechargeable) You can buy them at radioshack for about $3 or order them for $1 each with your LED badge. I'm sure you can find a lot of them or something like that on eBay also.

Favorite CD quote:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: