OCCRA
Go to Post (i would watch out for those jag's if i were you) - Scott Bahl [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Announcements
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

View Poll Results: I'm using this on my website...
Yes 10 52.63%
No 6 31.58%
Don't have a website 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2002, 12:53 AM
Brandon Martus's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
busy.
AKA: B. Slash Kamen
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
Brandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon Martus Send a message via AIM to Brandon Martus Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon Martus Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon Martus
So, you want the last 10 active threads on your site, huh?

So you want the last 10 active threads to show up on your website, huh? Here's how to do it:

Instructions

1) Copy/paste the html from the attached txt file to your website wherever you want the threads to show up.

2) Enjoy the last 10 threads on your website.

Want to format this list any way you want? You'll need to know of a way to parse an XML file. If you know how to do this, let me know. If you don't know how to do this, but have the PHP on your webserver, and want to try it out, send me an e-mail and I will give you instructions and help on doing this yourself.

Reply to this thread if you need help, or email me, or pm me, or whatever. I'll help ya.

Brandon

P.S. Reply to this thread if you're using this. I'm just wondering how much use this will get... Thanks.

UPDATE: This is a new attached file w/many new examples and options...

UPDATE: See attachment on last reply -- new URLs.

Last edited by Brandon Martus : 12-05-2002 at 06:58 PM.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2002, 02:41 AM
DC Robotics
FRC #2914 (Tiger Pride)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
Wetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Wetzel
I have it on my rather code poor site.
http://www.geocities.com/weffs11/cdlast10
One comment/suggestion, anyway to add the last user to post?
It shows who started the thread, but if it is the most recently active, I would like to know who posted most recently.
Does that makes sense? If not, ask and ye shall recive clairification.

Wetzel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sleep? Whats that?
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2002, 09:23 AM
busy.
no team

Brandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon Martus Send a message via AIM to Brandon Martus Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon Martus Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon Martus
Yes.

Actually, I'm going to change it slightly.

You'll be able to send it a few arguments, so you can slightly customize it. (which columns you want to see, etc)

I'll post an update when thats done.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2002, 10:03 AM
busy.
no team

Ok, done...
Check out the newly attached file above for more options & examples & whatnot.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2002, 11:13 AM
A Legacy of Impact
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
David Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to David Kelly Send a message via Yahoo to David Kelly
i have just put it up on our website. http://www.cyberblue234.com. I love the idea brandon!! once i get the time, i'll design a better way to display it on our site.

2010 Boilermaker Regional

Chairman's Award, Regional Finalist
2010 Kansas City Regional
Entrepreneurship Award

2010 Championships
Autodesk Inventor Award Winner
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-15-2002, 08:21 PM
'Luzer'
AKA: Zan
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
ahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to ahecht Send a message via AIM to ahecht Send a message via Yahoo to ahecht
Is there any way to make it a lot smaller? I'm thinking of an implementation similar to what Westcoaster.net uses on their front page under "Recent Forum Topics." (i.e. a plain text list that fits into a column or small box). Westcoaster also uses vBulletin for their boards, so it should be possible.

Scorekeeper: '05 Championship DaVinci Field/'10 WPI Regional
Co-Founder: WPI-EBOT Educational Robotics Program
Alumnus: WPI/Mass Academy Team #190
Alumnus (and founder): Oakwood Robotics Team #992

"Life is an odd numbered problem ó the answer isn't in the back of the book." ó Anonymous WPI Student
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-15-2002, 09:59 PM
busy.
no team

Yes.

Just include that Javascript snippet in the cell of a table with the size you want.

It will fit as wide as the cell you contain it in.

And if you just want the topics/thread titles, don't specify any cols= parameters.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-05-2002, 07:03 PM
busy.
no team

I'm not sure if anybody is using this, but I moved the scripts ... so update your page accordingly. See new attachment for new URLs.

-Brandon
Attached Files
File Type: txt attach.txt (1.7 KB, 54 views)
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-10-2003, 02:16 PM
Code Monkey
#0861 (The Gondobots)
Team Role: Programmer

Noah has a spectacular aura aboutNoah has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Noah
This is a great feature, but It would be better if each table cell color had a class attribute given to it to allow for customization of the code. As it is, my current css code causes it to display rather awkwardly...

view it at www.hiverobotics.com

[edit] ACK! Oh dear... the script declaration is invalid... it must contain the type attribute to be valid XHTML markup! My page... she... doesn't validate? [/edit]

"We can fix it in the software!"
"It's a BROKEN GEAR!"

Last edited by Noah : 01-10-2003 at 02:41 PM.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-10-2003, 02:48 PM
Code Monkey
#0861 (The Gondobots)

... Big error... When clicking on individual topics they try to take me to showthread.php on my server... which doesn't exist. You should change the link from <a href="showthread.php?threadid=#####"> to <a href="http://www.chiefdelphi.com/showthread.php?threadid=#####"> instead.

"It's a BROKEN GEAR!"
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-10-2003, 02:55 PM
busy.
no team

Ahh. Ok

I'll try to fix this tonight.

Check out the extras page, it has instructions on how to do the same thing, but with XML. Im not sure if you can process XML on your website or not. It's a bit more flexible than this javascript version.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-10-2003, 04:06 PM
Code Monkey
#0861 (The Gondobots)

thanks. You're doing a great job!

"It's a BROKEN GEAR!"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: