Go to Post FIRST is like pizza--you and I might prefer different toppings, but there's no wrong way to do it. - Billfred [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Rules/Strategy > Scouting
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2002, 11:57 PM
Software guy
FRC #0111 (Wildstang)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1996
Mike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond repute
WASH Palm scouting at the Championship

I know I'm late announcing this, but late is better than never.

WASH is almost ready to go for Nats, we're making some final tweaks based on feedback from the 7 regionals WASH was used at. Hopefully we will have enough teams to scout all the divisions and get that data uploaded to SOAP for all to use. If teams are interested in joining please reply to this post or email me at Mike.Soukup@motorola.com.

The teams helping gather WASH data are:
Archimedes - 45
Curie - 2 unconfirmed
Einstein - 111, 308, 401
Newton - 74, 168, plus 1 unconfirmed

We could obviously use some help in all divisions, but Archimedes and Curie especially.

Here is a list of data that WASH captures for each match a robot competes in (I don't think anyone can accuse us of not being thorough):

General
  • Team # - Number of team being scouted
  • Match # - Match being scouted
  • Competition - Competition match takes place at
  • Field ID (only appears when Competition is 'Championship') -
  • Field match takes place on
  • Scout Team # and Initials - Team number and initials of scout
Timers
  • Time to drive to goal - Time for a robot to drive 1/2 the field, most easily measured from start of match till robot reaches goal
Moves
  • First Move - First move the robot makes
  • Performance - How well the robot performs its first move
  • Common Move - Most common move the robot makes during the match
  • Performance - How well the robot performs its common move
  • Other Move - Second most common move the robot makes during the match
  • Performance - How well the robot performs its other move
  • Final Move - Last move the robot makes
  • Performance - How well the robot performs its final move
Drive
  • Traction and Strength - Traction and pushing strength of drive
  • Maneuverability without Goal - How well the robot can maneuver without the goal
  • Maneuverability with Goal - How well the robot can maneuver with one or more goals
  • Final Zone of Bot - Final position of robot (not extension) relative to starting position
  • Anchor Ability - How well the robot can plant in the scoring zone and prevent a team from moving them
Goals
  • Grab speed - How quickly the roobt grabs the goal(s) once it reaches them
  • Grab strength - How strong is the robot's grip on the goal(s)
  • Max held at once - Maximum number of goals the robot holds at once
  • # held onto and end - Number of goals the robot holds at the end of the match
  • First goal pushed / grabbed (rel to start) - First goal the robot grabs or pushes, relative to its starting position
  • # goals stolen from opponent - Number of goals the robot steals from an opponent
  • # goals lost to opponent - Number of goals an opponent steals from the robot
Balls
  • Balls per Load - Number of balls the robot stores per load
  • Total balls scored by robot in match - Number of balls the robot scored in the match (don't count balls directly from HP to goal
  • Accumulate Speed - How quickly the robot gatheres balls from the ground
  • Continuous from ground to goal - Does the robot drag the goal around, pick up balls, and immediately deposit them into the goal?
Extend
  • Extension action - Did the team deploy the robot's extension and was it successful?
  • Extension type - Type of extension device
  • Extension rating - How well the extension device worked
Misc
  • Dead from start - Is the robot dead at the beginning of the match?
  • Battlebot (very aggressive) - Is the robot's strategy to beat up its opponents?
  • Tipped over - Does the robot tip over?
  • Broke in match - Does the robot break and lose functionality during the match?
  • Got stuck - Does the robot get stuck on a ball or other object?
  • Comments - Any additional comments
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2002, 10:58 AM
Andy Baker's Avatar Woodie Flowers Award
President, AndyMark, Inc.
FRC #3940 (CyberTooth)

Rookie Year: 1998
Andy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andy Baker
Awesome

Mike,

I must say that you have done an awesome job with WASH.

Not only did you lead the WASH software team to make the OS do what it should, you also have to deal with all of these different teams with different ideas about what should be scouted.

Then... you follow through to make sure that they system is working well and that people are trained to run the system.

This shows leadership, open-mindedness, and commitment. I know that team 45 appreciates your work.

Also... the guys from SOAP (team 108) have done an equally great job with the database management and with presenting the information on the web. Kenny and the guys need to be commended, that's for sure.

Sincerely,
Andy B.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2002, 02:14 PM
ChrisH's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Generally Useless
FRC #0330 (Beach 'Bots)

Rookie Year: 1998
ChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not going to be there, so I won't volunteer my team exactly. But you might check with Team 330 on getting help with Archimedes.

I know we've helped out in previous years.

"Who is John Galt?"
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: