OCCRA
Go to Post If you're in the Chairman's Award just to win the Chairman's Award, you're doing it for all the wrong reasons. The award is there as a goal to strive for, but it shouldn't be the reason why you conduct yourself and reach out to your community and beyond the way you do. - Lil' Lavery [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

View Poll Results: Which would you rather be?
Hero 30 65.22%
Villian 16 34.78%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-23-2005, 02:20 AM
I come through in a spinsch
AKA: George- The Voice
FRC #0303 (TEST Team)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
George A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to George A.
Which Side are you On?

After seeing Epidose III I've been thinking about this a while.

If you were in a movie and had the choice, would you rather be the villian or the hero?

I'm putting GP aside for a second, granted what they do might not be nice, but I'd rather be the villian any day.

They get to have much more fun, and the people remember them forever...how many times have you whistled the Emperial March when something bad happens?

The villians always get more attention, and are often time the most memorible part of a movie...what do you think?
Game Announcer NY: 2005-2008
Game Announcer Champsionships: 2005-2008

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-23-2005, 03:16 AM
Getting old
FRC #0095
Team Role: Coach

Andy A. has a reputation beyond reputeAndy A. has a reputation beyond reputeAndy A. has a reputation beyond reputeAndy A. has a reputation beyond reputeAndy A. has a reputation beyond reputeAndy A. has a reputation beyond reputeAndy A. has a reputation beyond reputeAndy A. has a reputation beyond reputeAndy A. has a reputation beyond reputeAndy A. has a reputation beyond reputeAndy A. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which Side are you On?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.R.T.

If you were in a movie and had the choice, would you rather be the villian or the hero?

I'm putting GP aside for a second, granted what they do might not be nice, but I'd rather be the villian any day.

They get to have much more fun, and the people remember them forever...how many times have you whistled the Emperial March when something bad happens?

The villians always get more attention, and are often time the most memorible part of a movie...what do you think?

Hero.

Villians always end up dead or in prison at the end of a movie.

-Andy A.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-23-2005, 06:43 AM
Programming User
FRC #1317 (Digital Fusion)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2004
Ryan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yep, Andy hit it.

I'm a hero type. Too scared to have weapon out of science fiction (or razor sharp finger extensions if you happen to be on Xmen) seperate my head from the rest of me...

#4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-23-2005, 08:25 AM
no team
Team Role: Mechanical

kayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kayla13 Send a message via MSN to kayla13

Quote:

I completely agree with MORT Id rather be a villian, we may be in jail but we always will have some legacy left behind or we will reign back in the next movie or episode. There is always a smoewhat happy ending for the heroes but what about the next movie? without villains it would be boring and when a hero dies its not important but when a villain dies it is a big splash in the movie. Really what you need to ask yourself to figure out which movie you would rather watch one without villians(boooooooring snooze fest) or watching one without heroes(ok but id rather both lol but it still would be ineresting) so the one you didnt pick is the one you should be villians!! yeah lol Brandon if you are listening we need an evil smiley face!!!
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-23-2005, 08:26 AM
Volunteer for hire
no team

Aaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to behold

Off topic

When I saw the title of this thread I immediately thought of the Dropkick Murphys song.

On Topic

Hero or Villain, thats a tough one. Based purely on my personality I think I would make a good hero.

-Aaron
Field Reset Extraordinaire
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-23-2005, 08:34 AM
Counting Down to Kickoff
FRC #0461 (Westside Boiler Invasion)
Team Role: Alumni

Eugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond repute

Which side am I on?

I'm a hopelessly romantic teenager.

The good guy ALWAYS gets the hot boyfriend/girlfriend and lives happily ever after. The bad guy gets the hot girlfriend/boyfriend that betrays them or that they kill, so in the end nothing happy happens, and for me, hearing those romantic theme songs is great.

I really needn't post mushy stuff on Chief, but it is, after all, 7:32 AM and a good time for such things.

Edit: Thanks GW Ross for the typo info ^^

Team 461 for life!

Last edited by Eugenia Gabrielov : 05-23-2005 at 03:53 PM.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-23-2005, 10:22 AM
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
tiffany34990 has a reputation beyond reputetiffany34990 has a reputation beyond reputetiffany34990 has a reputation beyond reputetiffany34990 has a reputation beyond reputetiffany34990 has a reputation beyond reputetiffany34990 has a reputation beyond reputetiffany34990 has a reputation beyond reputetiffany34990 has a reputation beyond reputetiffany34990 has a reputation beyond reputetiffany34990 has a reputation beyond reputetiffany34990 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to tiffany34990

i have to say hero..since i have to help ppl and care soo much about people and their safety in life...
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-23-2005, 11:23 AM
no team (NEW Apple Corps)

Katie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Katie Reynolds Send a message via Yahoo to Katie Reynolds

I would definitely be an Evil Overlord

"If I have children and subsequently grandchildren, I will keep my three-year-old granddaughter near me at all times. When the hero enters to kill me, I will ask him to first explain to her why it is necessary to kill her beloved grand(ma). When the hero launches into an explanation of morality way over her head, that will be her cue to pull the lever and send him into the pit of crocodiles. After all, small children like crocodiles almost as much as Evil Overlords and it's important to spend quality time with the grandkids."
Team #93 - NEW Apple Corps
Student - 2001-2004
Team #857 - Superior Roboworks
Mentor - 2006-2009
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-23-2005, 11:25 AM
They're trusting ME with a Kickoff?
AKA: @WmLeverette, @GarnetSq, @SCRIW...
FRC #4901 (Garnet Squadron); FLL #7016/7017 (Garnet Squadron Alfa/Bravo)

Billfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond repute

I'll do the hero thing. Heros always seem to create the weirdest gadgets that actually work (unlike the villains, whose gadgets always fall apart when they need them).
Billfred's World Tour: USC Kickoff Palmetto CMP Robot Rodeo Manchester Kickoff Florida Palmetto CMP Capital Clash USC Kickoff FVC Orangeburg Florida Peachtree Palmetto CMP Mission Mayhem Exploding Bacon Vex Event Duel on the Delaware CalGames USC Kickoff Florida Chesapeake Palmetto CMP BattleCry Mission Mayhem Brunswick Eruption 6 Clemson Kickoff Chesapeake Palmetto CMP IRI TNT Greenville Tech Scrimmage Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI GRITS TNT Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto CMP IRI TNT SCRIW Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto Championship IRI SCRIW II Chapin Kickoff Palmetto South Florida IRI SCRIW III Chapin Kickoff SC FTC CMP Palmetto SC FLL CMP Orlando CMP Midknight Mayhem SCRIW IV USC Kickoff (51,610.5 miles, and still on a mission from Bob)

Rule #1: Do not die. Rule #2: Be respectful. Rule #3: Be safe. Rule #4: Follow the handbook.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-23-2005, 02:05 PM
Financial Engineer
FRC #2641 (Robot Yacht Club)

Conor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I'm with Billfred, the good guys always get the awesome gadgets and better inventors that work for them. They also have better looking cars too (when they don't have the ability to fly) And they always get the girl in the end.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Hawaiin Pizza = Best Pizza
AKA: Sean Lavery
FRC #1712 (DAWGMA)

Rookie Year: 2003
Lil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Lil' Lavery

Villain any day. Think about it, without villains, there would be no "heroes" (in the way we are talking about anyway). The good guys need us to prove how tough and good they are. And half the time they aint that tough. Take for instance Qui-Gon in Episode I, Mace Windu in III, or Obi Wan in IV. And the hero doesnt always win either, take a good deal of horror movies to demonstrate that. And even if the hero wins, the villains usually come back. If I'm a horror movie villain all it takes is a small body part of me surviving and usually I can come back for the sequel! And sometimes Ill even get to visit space!
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-23-2005, 04:55 PM
Best Available Data
FRC #1778 (Chill Out!)
Team Role: Engineer

Ian Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond repute

There should definitely be a heros best friend catergory. Like the friar in Van Helsing. Becuase the generally helpless best friend always figures out something in the last second to save the hero from impending doom.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-23-2005, 05:14 PM
Currently foraging for food..
AKA: Doug
no team

i_am_Doug has a spectacular aura abouti_am_Doug has a spectacular aura abouti_am_Doug has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to i_am_Doug Send a message via MSN to i_am_Doug Send a message via Yahoo to i_am_Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy A.
Hero.

Villians always end up dead or in prison at the end of a movie.

-Andy A.
i agree,so i am a hero. if i where to pick one *laughs* i would pick yoda. because he is just cool.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-23-2005, 05:32 PM
...misses her old team.
AKA: BurningQuestion
FRC #0716 (The Who'sCTEKS)

Jaine Perotti has a reputation beyond reputeJaine Perotti has a reputation beyond reputeJaine Perotti has a reputation beyond reputeJaine Perotti has a reputation beyond reputeJaine Perotti has a reputation beyond reputeJaine Perotti has a reputation beyond reputeJaine Perotti has a reputation beyond reputeJaine Perotti has a reputation beyond reputeJaine Perotti has a reputation beyond reputeJaine Perotti has a reputation beyond reputeJaine Perotti has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Jaine Perotti Send a message via MSN to Jaine Perotti Send a message via Yahoo to Jaine Perotti

hmm... it depends on my mood.

But right now, I would say that I am definitely in the mood to be a villain.

It probably suits my personality better - I generally go against the grain of what is expected of people, not to mention that I have quite the temper when I get upset, as some of my friends can attest to. I have a slight edge to my personality - I am not the type of person who can just walk away from a situation and brush off all the bad feelings... they tend to stick around for a while. I guess most villains are the same way. Generally, they have had some kind of a wrong done to them, and they are holding a grudge for that reason. Usually they are not necessarily bad people, but rather, they are misunderstood people who have made mistakes. When I was little, I remember that I would usually relate to the villain more than I would relate to the hero (you know, in Disney movies and such). I hated the conventional, stereotypical "happy endings" - they were all the same, and it was too predictable for me. I guess rooting for the villain has been a part of my personality because I used to feel that a "happy ending" would never be something that I would experience personally, and it would be nice to have the troubled character come out on top instead. It seems kind of selfish or mean of me to think that way, but if you think about it, it isn't selfish at all. I just feel that I relate more to the "underdog", since the villain usually does not obtain victory. I would like to see the one who never wins come out on top, because typically, I am the one who loses in the many struggles that constitute my life. Its not that I don't care about people - I care alot about many people. But when it comes to those personal struggles, I find that I am often the one taking the atypical, unconventional stance (just as villains do).

Kinda depressing almost, isn't it?

-- Jaine
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-23-2005, 05:47 PM
Heidi's Minion
AKA: Lil' Richie
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta)

richardp has a spectacular aura aboutrichardp has a spectacular aura aboutrichardp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to richardp

I think that the hero would be better since they are the first to get the cool stuff (come on the Jedi had the lightsaber before the villains). As for those that want to be evil than you will lose sooner or later. (Lil' Lavery I think that you "visit" in space won't be the way you wanted.......)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: