OCCRA
Go to Post As much as you may want the ChiefDelphi community to see your argument, we may not want to see yours. - Amanda Morrison [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-28-2005, 09:21 PM
Support STEM Education
FRC #3301 (Jay County Robotics)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2004
Kyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond repute
Indy 500, who's watching it?

Who will be at or be watching the 89th Indianapolis 500? I will be there and I am in turn 4 so watch for me!

So far, I have heard Greg McCoy, Amanda Morrison, Chris Noble, Andrew Morrison, Courtney B and myself are all going. Anyone else going to go?

If you aren't going it on ABC at 12PM. If your in IN it wont be on until about 7. GO #15!!! WOOT!

Kyle Love
Teams I've been on:
Team 45 - The TechnoKats - Student/Leader/Driver 2004-2007
Team 1646 - Boiler Precision Guessworks - Mentor 2007-2011
Team 3301 - Jay County Robotics - Teacher 2011-Present

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-30-2005, 01:22 AM
Git 'em!
no team (Robot in 3 Days)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2000
Andrew Rudolph has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Rudolph has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Rudolph has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Rudolph has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Rudolph has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Rudolph has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Rudolph has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Rudolph has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Rudolph has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Rudolph has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Rudolph has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andrew Rudolph
Re: Indy 500, who's watching it?

I watched it after the f1 Race, both of them were amazing crazy races.

I wish i could go to the f1 race in indy in 3 weeks. Any of you going?

FTC 5454 Dent in the Universe Mentor
FTC 6323 Pink Nurple Mentor
FRC 233 The Pink Team Mentor
FRC 1902 Exploding Bacon Mentor
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-30-2005, 01:33 AM
back to school ;-)
FRC #0696 (Circuit Breakers)

Rookie Year: 2002
sanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond repute

Danica Patrick is really "the talk of the town" She made an amazing run, not because she is a woman, but because of the circumstances. She stalled the car in the pit which lost several seconds. She bumped tires with another driver almost causing a severe crash. The got the front left wing knocked off, she spun out and did a 360, but still contiued to drive straight and on track. Then they had to pit early for the wing it took almost a whole minute to fix. AND to top is off, she had to pit again right after because apparantly the pits weren't officially "open" so they made her go back in.

After the series of unfortunate events, it was an amazing performance. I look forward to her win next year! Until then, watch her host Powerblock on Spike TV every weekend.
Student Mechanical Leader and Driver, Team 696 Circuit Breakers, 2002-2004

Purchase Cree LED Bulbs from the Team 696 Online Store
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-30-2005, 10:58 AM
Support STEM Education

Kyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond repute

Now that the race is over, and I'm really sun burnt..this is what I think of the race. Dan Wheldon, he deserved to win, sure I wanted to see an American win, but he is a great guy, never passing up signing and autograph. Vitor Miera, this kid has a great future, look for him to win in the years to come. Bryan Herta, he's not some old washup, he will be a contender for the points by the end of the year. Danica Patrick, she needs to learn how to relate with fans better, she only signed autographs when the cameras were around, the rest of the time she would totally ignore people, never the less she has a bright future. Buddy Lazier, I have been a fan of this guy a long time!, I really hope he will get a ride for the 500 for all the years he wants to, he's a "good old guy". That's what I thought of the top 5...what about you guys?

(Full results can be found at the Box Score Site )

Kyle Love
Teams I've been on:

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-30-2005, 12:29 PM
El Capitan
AKA: Ryan
FRC #0312 (Heatwave)
Team Role: Leadership

spears312 is just really nicespears312 is just really nicespears312 is just really nicespears312 is just really nicespears312 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to spears312

I watched it. I wanted either Dan Wheldon to win (he lives in St. Pete, like just around the block from my house!) or Danica Patrick. It was an awesome race and Danica did really well for the three problems she ended up having.
2005 Championship Curie Division Semi - Finnalists (thx to 118 and 229)
FIRST
Under Construction
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-03-2005, 12:13 PM
FRC #1511
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2005
Ashley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond repute

I watched it, it was my first reace I have watched. It was quite intense..
Of course I was rootin for Danica all the way. She is what made me interested in watching. I am all about the whole "women doing 'mens' stuff" kinda thing
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-04-2005, 11:09 AM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Rookie Year: 2001
Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddrag
Until then, watch her host Powerblock on Spike TV every weekend.

I KNEW SHE LOOKED FAMILIAR!!!

#8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Go VOLS!!
AKA: Budda648
no team (QC Elite)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
Jeremiah Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJeremiah Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJeremiah Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJeremiah Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJeremiah Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJeremiah Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJeremiah Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJeremiah Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJeremiah Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJeremiah Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJeremiah Johnson has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Jeremiah Johnson Send a message via MSN to Jeremiah Johnson

Heh... I have a favourite driver now... that was the first Indy car race I've seen in a very long time. Danica drove amazingly... I'll watch more races now... but only the ones on ABC... no cable .

Yes... I know it's been a week but I thought I had posted here before... I hate AOL.

XBOX Live Gamertag = theVelvetLie
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Support STEM Education

So, who's ready for the 90th running of the Indianapolis 500?

Once again, I have seats in turn 4. Is anyone else going? I believe I heard that David Kelly won tickets. If you aren't going you should definitely watch the race on TV. It has multiple winners in the race. "Hall of Fame drivers", such as Michael Andretti, Al Unser Jr. and Eddie Cheever Jr. are all back for "one last hoorah". The field is very tight right now, although almost 4 days of practice have been canceled this month. Pole day is Saturday, I plan on going, and it looks like Sam Hornish is the favorite right now.

Anyone else watch what's going on in Indy?

Kyle Love
Teams I've been on:

#10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-18-2006, 09:27 PM
Volkswagen Enthusiast
AKA: Bill Hancock
FRC #0573 (MechWarriors)
Team Role: Mechanical

Bill_Hancoc has much to be proud ofBill_Hancoc has much to be proud ofBill_Hancoc has much to be proud ofBill_Hancoc has much to be proud ofBill_Hancoc has much to be proud ofBill_Hancoc has much to be proud ofBill_Hancoc has much to be proud ofBill_Hancoc has much to be proud ofBill_Hancoc has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Bill_Hancoc

i dont usaually follow the series but i do watch the 500...its always funny to watch them drink the milk at the end

MechWarriors 573

#11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-19-2006, 08:50 AM
A Legacy of Impact
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)

Rookie Year: 1999
David Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to David Kelly Send a message via Yahoo to David Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Love
Who will be at or be watching the 89th Indianapolis 500? I will be there and I am in turn 4 so watch for me!

So far, I have heard Greg McCoy, Amanda Morrison, Chris Noble, Andrew Morrison, Courtney B and myself are all going. Anyone else going to go?

If you aren't going it on ABC at 12PM. If your in IN it wont be on until about 7. GO #15!!! WOOT!

I've won 4 tickets from our office raffle at work. They are in the South Vista (short chute between turns 1 & 2) row FF. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

This will be my 3rd Indy 500!

i am INDY!

2010 Boilermaker Regional

Chairman's Award, Regional Finalist
2010 Kansas City Regional
Entrepreneurship Award

2010 Championships
Autodesk Inventor Award Winner
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-19-2006, 04:24 PM
Support STEM Education

I just found out I have garage passes for tomorrow, so I am majorly pumped!

Kyle Love
Teams I've been on:

#13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-19-2006, 06:33 PM
Worry is a poor use of Imagination
AKA: Cynette Cavaliere
FRC #1511 (Rolling Thunder)

Cynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Cynette Send a message via AIM to Cynette

Our family goes each year. We travel from wherever we live (CT, then OH, now NY) and stay with friends in Russiaville. I think my husband has gone for at least the past 25 years, me a few years less. Before the kids were in school and when we were in OH, we used to make it out for the Parade the day before. Our seats are in the Paddock Penthouse. Outside Straightaway, Way up high, about 2/3rds down the pits with a view of both the 1st and 4th turns.

Because we go each year, we often have an extra ticket. (It's usually mine, although I love to go to the race, I also love spending time with the friends we only get to see once a year. ) I don't have the final count for this year, but if there is anyone from Russiaville (or even Kokomo) who has always wanted to go and is willing to get up early (but not as early as usual 'cause the race starts later this year) and ride with a group of perfect strangers... to the Greatest Spectacle in Racing, send me a PM.

Cynette
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Support STEM Education

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocat1530
Our family goes each year. We travel from wherever we live (CT, then OH, now NY) and stay with friends in Russiaville. I think my husband has gone for at least the past 25 years, me a few years less. Before the kids were in school and when we were in OH, we used to make it out for the Parade the day before. Our seats are in the Paddock Penthouse. Outside Straightaway, Way up high, about 2/3rds down the pits with a view of both the 1st and 4th turns.

Because we go each year, we often have an extra ticket. (It's usually mine, although I love to go to the race, I also love spending time with the friends we only get to see once a year. ) I don't have the final count for this year, but if there is anyone from Russiaville (or even Kokomo) who has always wanted to go and is willing to get up early (but not as early as usual 'cause the race starts later this year) and ride with a group of perfect strangers... to the Greatest Spectacle in Racing, send me a PM.

Cynette
Russiaville is actually only like 3-5 miles straight west of Kokomo. The race is a spectacle that everyone should see atleast once in their life.

Kyle Love
Teams I've been on:

#15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-19-2006, 09:51 PM
Worry is a poor use of Imagination
AKA: Cynette Cavaliere
FRC #1511 (Rolling Thunder)

Cynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond reputeCynette has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Cynette Send a message via AIM to Cynette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Love
Russiaville is actually only like 3-5 miles straight west of Kokomo.
Yes, Russiaville (pronounced Rooo-sha-ville for those not from Indiana) is just west of Kokomo, but it's more fun to say Russiaville,
no wait, that's not true, its much more fun to say Ko-Ko-Mo!

And Speedway, the home of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is a tiny section just west of the center of Indianapolis!

Those Hoosiers! They like to make things complicated!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: