OCCRA
Go to Post w0000000000000t! - Andy Baker [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Electrical
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-12-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm right here
AKA: sparksandtabs
FRC #0340 (GRR)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2004
John Gutmann has a brilliant futureJohn Gutmann has a brilliant futureJohn Gutmann has a brilliant futureJohn Gutmann has a brilliant futureJohn Gutmann has a brilliant futureJohn Gutmann has a brilliant futureJohn Gutmann has a brilliant futureJohn Gutmann has a brilliant futureJohn Gutmann has a brilliant futureJohn Gutmann has a brilliant futureJohn Gutmann has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to John Gutmann Send a message via MSN to John Gutmann Send a message via Yahoo to John Gutmann
Question advancing my knowledge

i have taken the project lead the way coure on digital electronics and passed that easy, now i am studying eletrical systems and math, and all that, i dont know what to call it, i am looking at type of memory, busses, building blocks of computers and inputs and outputs of computers, that is all the information i have readily availible to me right now. i was hoping that someone in the cheif delphi community could help me out in either mentoring me to help me learn more and get rlly advanded or point me in the right direction to get really advanced, my goal is to major in mechanical engineering technology and minor in electrical engineering at hopefully RIT

i am currently a sophmore iun high school advancing to a junior and am 15 years old so there is plenty of time for me to learn as much as i can before college

i need help learning things more indepth and getting thinking of project i could do to actually apply my knowledge so i can rememeber it and make some use of it

if your interested,(hopefully a electrical engineer) please post or pm me, other wise just post any usful info

ps - if anyone looking to learn more or get started i could help you or any one who may need my help for a project i am also availible for that
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-12-2005, 02:56 PM
I'm right here
FRC #0340 (GRR)

John Gutmann has a brilliant futureJohn Gutmann has a brilliant futureJohn Gutmann has a brilliant futureJohn Gutmann has a brilliant futureJohn Gutmann has a brilliant futureJohn Gutmann has a brilliant futureJohn Gutmann has a brilliant futureJohn Gutmann has a brilliant futureJohn Gutmann has a brilliant futureJohn Gutmann has a brilliant futureJohn Gutmann has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to John Gutmann Send a message via MSN to John Gutmann Send a message via Yahoo to John Gutmann
Re: advancing my knowledge

i know only ttl and i could use help learning cmos, also if anyone know of some helpful tools that would be nice
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-12-2005, 10:50 PM
La Caņada High School
FRC #2429
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
Kevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksandtabs
i have taken the project lead the way coure on digital electronics and passed that easy, now i am studying eletrical systems and math, and all that, i dont know what to call it, i am looking at type of memory, busses, building blocks of computers and inputs and outputs of computers, that is all the information i have readily availible to me right now. i was hoping that someone in the cheif delphi community could help me out in either mentoring me to help me learn more and get rlly advanded or point me in the right direction to get really advanced, my goal is to major in mechanical engineering technology and minor in electrical engineering at hopefully RIT

i am currently a sophmore iun high school advancing to a junior and am 15 years old so there is plenty of time for me to learn as much as i can before college

i need help learning things more indepth and getting thinking of project i could do to actually apply my knowledge so i can rememeber it and make some use of it

if your interested,(hopefully a electrical engineer) please post or pm me, other wise just post any usful info

ps - if anyone looking to learn more or get started i could help you or any one who may need my help for a project i am also availible for that
You should just post your questions here. There are several EEs around (including myself) that can answer your questions.

-Kevin
Google Advanced Technologies and Projects
http://kevin.org
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-13-2005, 09:19 AM
I'm right here
FRC #0340 (GRR)

i dont really have just questions, i mostly just need like lessons or idea on project i can do to apply what i have learned
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-14-2005, 09:50 AM
Robotics Engineer
AKA: Dane B.
FRC #1425 (Wilsonville Robotics)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2003
Sparks333 is a glorious beacon of lightSparks333 is a glorious beacon of lightSparks333 is a glorious beacon of lightSparks333 is a glorious beacon of lightSparks333 is a glorious beacon of lightSparks333 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sparks333

This really doesn't help with the problem, but it's part of the problem I can help.
CMOS and TTL are just two different methods of doing the same boolean logic. TTL uses a bipolar transistor, which is faster and hardier, but more power consuming. CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor) uses a different type of switching, NMOS and PMOS, to get roughly the same effect as TTL, though slower and more shock-sensitive. The largest difference is the power draw: TTL draws much more power than CMOS, making CMOS good for battery-critical applications. The other thing you have to worry about is logic voltage thresholds. Check this page to see what I mean. If you do plan to mix and match CMOS and TTL, do it with a level converter. NEVER drive a CMOS chip with a TTL chip - it will blow it out.
Other than those differences, the logic itself is still good 'ol boolean, so learning CMOS after TTL should be a snap.

Sparks

I love to take things apart. The fact that they work better when I put them back together it just a bonus.

http://www.ravenblack.net/random/surreal.html
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: