OCCRA
Go to Post There are two types of team members and mentors: Those who want to be FIRST, and those who want to be first. - Tetraman [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.58 average. Display Modes
  #46   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-01-2005, 07:38 PM
no team

koala79 will become famous soon enough
Re: Welcome the Newbies

Hey I am a newbie too and just wanted to say hi!
  #47   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-02-2005, 09:30 AM
3ds addict
FRC #0025 (Raider Robotix)
Team Role: Scout

Rookie Year: 2006
Saru29 is a jewel in the roughSaru29 is a jewel in the roughSaru29 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Saru29

I am a newbie too and i agree with what everyone says. After being on many message boards i have learned that it is hard to start out as a newbie and you will always do something wrong, but it is not the end of the world. You get on with life. Eventually we learn.

2008 NJ Regional Champions. 103 - 25 - 381
2008 Hawaiian Regional Semi Finalists. 968 - 25 - 2459
2008 Galileo Division Quarter Finalists. 494 - 25 - 88
Thanks to all the teams we were partnered with this season! You guys were great.
  #48   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-02-2005, 08:19 PM
dream. belive. accomplish.
no team
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2006
Michelle Celio has a reputation beyond reputeMichelle Celio has a reputation beyond reputeMichelle Celio has a reputation beyond reputeMichelle Celio has a reputation beyond reputeMichelle Celio has a reputation beyond reputeMichelle Celio has a reputation beyond reputeMichelle Celio has a reputation beyond reputeMichelle Celio has a reputation beyond reputeMichelle Celio has a reputation beyond reputeMichelle Celio has a reputation beyond reputeMichelle Celio has a reputation beyond repute

Also as a newbie I am actually kind of scared to post. I guess its the fact that I feel as if I dont know enough about anything to post and then again I dont know many people on here so it's hard to relate.
  #49   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-02-2005, 08:29 PM
AKA: Ari
FRC #0108 (SigmaC@T)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Arefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Arefin Bari Send a message via AIM to Arefin Bari Send a message via MSN to Arefin Bari Send a message via Yahoo to Arefin Bari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruity Pebbles
Also as a newbie I am actually kind of scared to post. I guess its the fact that I feel as if I dont know enough about anything to post and then again I dont know many people on here so it's hard to relate.
Don't be scared to post here on the forum. The newbies are the next generation for FIRST. I was scared too when I first joined the forum. You will get used to the rules as you start posting here. We won't bash at you for making simple mistakes, I promise. It is possible to make mistakes when you are new to something. Just read the rules for the forum and start posting. If any of the newbies have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.
  #50   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Robots are friends
AKA: tagger fanatic
FRC #1345 (Platinum Dragons); FRC# 97 (RoboRuminants)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2004
nehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to nehalita Send a message via MSN to nehalita Send a message via Yahoo to nehalita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruity Pebbles
I feel as if I dont know enough about anything to post and then again I dont know many people on here so it's hard to relate.
We are all friendly here, we don't bite =). Talk to us and you'll realize there's alot more you can relate to us than you realize. As long as you have a good attitude you'll make friends in no time.

And as for feeling that you don't know enough -- I'm sure you do. I feel the same about some topics here -- i'm clueless when it comes to anything mechanical. But then again, that's why I'm here -- i learn; so don't be afraid to ask questions either by posting or messaging people personally. At the starting, I was afraid to post so I mainly PMed people with questions. I still get intimidated at times but I guess the more you stick around, the easier it is to post.

Proud Member of H.I.L.
The PLATINUM DRAGONS are on FIRE!

Last edited by nehalita : 10-02-2005 at 11:37 PM.
  #51   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-02-2005, 09:24 PM
Support STEM Education
FRC #3301 (Jay County Robotics)
Team Role: Teacher

Kyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond repute

For all you rookies in the Detroit area. Go to Sweet Repeat this upcoming Saturday. I will be there along with tons of other awesome FIRSTer's. Meet some new people and see how a comp. really is!

Kyle Love
Teams I've been on:
Team 45 - The TechnoKats - Student/Leader/Driver 2004-2007
Team 1646 - Boiler Precision Guessworks - Mentor 2007-2011
Team 3301 - Jay County Robotics - Teacher 2011-Present

#52   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-02-2005, 09:42 PM
no team
Team Role: Mechanical

kayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kayla13 Send a message via MSN to kayla13

I may still be considered as a newbie, but I do suggest if you dont know much about the rules of ChiefDelphi or much about robotics start posting in the games/chit chat area. I didnt post for a really long time when I joined then I slowly stopped because I was not sure I was doing the right thing. I all of the sudden had people adding me onto AIM and talking to me. I am in the chats nightly and if you wanna meet people I or many other firsters can point you in the right direction. I know I felt safe in the games place because there is not much room for mistakes.
  #53   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-04-2005, 03:00 PM
Memories to keep...
AKA: Fancy
None #0047 (Chief Delphi)
Team Role: Student

fancy013 will become famous soon enoughfancy013 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to fancy013 Send a message via MSN to fancy013 Send a message via Yahoo to fancy013

Yes! Welcome! I hope you guys enjoy this great adventure. Hope you guys learn things. And that team work may bring a lot of work but you have to face it to face the world.
  #54   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Project Manager
FRC #1768

arlevin is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to arlevin

Hey,
This is the first year Team 1768 will be competing in a FIRST event. We're all looking forward to what we expect will be a great experience. I'm glad to hear that most people using CD are helpful; I'm hoping to learn a lot through these forums.

-a.r.levin
  #55   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-22-2005, 01:28 PM
You may not know me, but I love you
AKA: Lindsay
FRC #1108 (Panther Robotics)
Team Role: Student

KORN_lover_2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to KORN_lover_2007 Send a message via MSN to KORN_lover_2007 Send a message via Yahoo to KORN_lover_2007

This is a good thread, hopefully all the old members will read this and take in some consideration before giving bad reps. I'm glad this thread is helping welcome the newbies into our FIRST/cd family.
I heart you all and the championship was so killertubulistic! 2nd place alliance Galileo field! Mr.Bill rox! Thank you alliance teams 447 and 492! Also thank you team 365 for your spirit award! Oh yeah, I almost got ran over by Dean Kamen on his segway, how cool is that?! I now claim all FIRSTers as my family.

www.pantherrobotics.com
  #56   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-25-2005, 05:01 PM
∆o□
AKA: The Burmanator
FRC #0075 (Roboraiders)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2003
Alex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Alex Burman Send a message via MSN to Alex Burman Send a message via Yahoo to Alex Burman

one of the things that I'm still finding scary about CD is its immense size and population. Its the largest forum Ive seen on the Internet, and i just am afraid to put my topics in the wrong section that either ill get in trouble for miss placing it or not enough people will see it.

www.Roboraiders.com
http://www.myspace.com/burmanator
  #57   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-25-2005, 07:14 PM
SAE Formula is FIRST with Gasoline.
FRC #0306 (CRT)

Andrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andrew Blair Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Blair

The biggest problem with the rep. system deals with relatively new members that are just starting to recieve actual rep. One negative rep point and you're in the hole all of a sudden, and thats really scary. You didn't have much to begin with, then all of a sudden you look at your rep. and say "They think I'm a bad guy!" Its too easy to get yourself into holes and too hard to get yourself out.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
-Albert Einstein
  #58   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Melodious Footware
AKA: *Crash!* Shuuuuuuuuuuuu
FRC #0639 (Code Red Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
Shu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Shu Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Blair
The biggest problem with the rep. system deals with relatively new members that are just starting to recieve actual rep. One negative rep point and you're in the hole all of a sudden, and thats really scary. You didn't have much to begin with, then all of a sudden you look at your rep. and say "They think I'm a bad guy!" Its too easy to get yourself into holes and too hard to get yourself out.
That's not always the case. If you see someone with one red rep and only like 2 posts, obviously that person is a newbie who didn't know something about the rules. I can't really speak for anyone else, but if I saw someone with a red rep, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and now think of thm any differently.

WINNER of the 2005 Finger Lakes Regional, thanks to teams 191 and 494.
WINNER of the 2004 Canadian Regional, thanks to teams 33 and 1112
WINNER of Delphi: Driving Tomorrow's Technology Award at the 2007 Finger Lakes Regional.
  #59   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-26-2005, 09:47 PM
None #0931 (Perpetual Chaos)

jason_931 has a spectacular aura aboutjason_931 has a spectacular aura aboutjason_931 has a spectacular aura about

I joined 02-02-2005 and only 6 posts . I was usualy just lurking around here tring to get the feel of the place. Now I visit every day
  #60   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-26-2005, 10:39 PM
gotta love the striped socks
AKA: Steph Closs
FRC #1006 (Fast Eddie Robotics)
Team Role: College Student

Steph will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Steph

I have been a CD member for quite a while now, yet have very few posts, but I am reading threads several times a day. I have taken on more of the "observer" type of role. There's a little bit of apprehension I suppose about posting, but it's more of the fact that I just love to listen (well, read) about what others have to say. I've learned a lot here on CD, and there's a good number of the regulars and newbies alike that I have to thank for that.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: