OCCRA
Go to Post At least try to make sure other teams are aware of you. Don't be obnoxious, but don't be a wall flower either. - Joe Johnson [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-16-2005, 06:06 AM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock
Crazy Frog - Axel F

Anyone heard this wild song?

Apparently it hit #1 in the UK for ringtones..
Quote:
The UK went hopping mad for Crazy Frog Axel F when it was released as a single there two weeks ago, pushing it to the No.1 spot ahead of Coldplay's Speed of Sound.
I've heard it on XM Radio, but not on local broadcasted radio yet..
Has it hit the airwaves near you yet?

Makes a great full length song as well as a video:

http://www.nnm.ru/filez/crazy-frog.swf

Mirrors:

http://alfons.kobranet.cz/crazy.frog.swf

http://www.jok.ru/crazy-frog.swf

And of course, if you don't remember; the original sound of The Most Annoying Thing In The World was a simple insanity test:
http://www.frenzy.com/~jester/racecar.html

And for those of you who don't like this song, or The Most Annoying Thing In The World I bring you this:
It's similar to the hit the penguin game of a couple years back:
http://www.boreme.com/boreme/media-m...crazy-frog.swf

And then there is some press about the song/video:
http://entertainment.news.com.au/sto...9-7484,00.html

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-16-2005, 12:07 PM
I check here maybe once a year.
no team

Rookie Year: 2002
Timothy D. Ginn is a name known to allTimothy D. Ginn is a name known to allTimothy D. Ginn is a name known to allTimothy D. Ginn is a name known to allTimothy D. Ginn is a name known to allTimothy D. Ginn is a name known to all
Send a message via ICQ to Timothy D. Ginn Send a message via AIM to Timothy D. Ginn Send a message via MSN to Timothy D. Ginn Send a message via Yahoo to Timothy D. Ginn Send a message via Skype™ to Timothy D. Ginn
Re: Crazy Frog - Axel F

Thanks for the links; I was wondering what that crazy frog thing was after I saw it mentioned in The Register; it hasn't been on broadcast radio around here, well, at least not that I've heard, but I can't say I listen all that often.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-16-2005, 01:25 PM
Tie Wrap-Not Cable Tie or Zip tie
AKA: Stephen Denman
FRC #0759 (Systemetric)

Rookie Year: 2003
Denman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Denman Send a message via AIM to Denman Send a message via MSN to Denman Send a message via Yahoo to Denman

consider yourself lucky.
i was in the cd shop the other day buying a decent album (u2 ) and a bunch of 10 year old kids went and made their parent buy the crazy frog album.
I think i found out who controls the charts lol.
Anyway it was number 1 for a week (maybe 2) ....
trust me , stick to real music liek the original Axel F (which rocks btw)

FIRSTWiki.org - Contribute, learn, inspire.

"Teach the way of the GP and the way of the GP shall teach you" - Me
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-16-2005, 02:26 PM
I'm baaaaaaack.
FRC #1902 (Exploding Bacon)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2005
Adam Richards has a reputation beyond reputeAdam Richards has a reputation beyond reputeAdam Richards has a reputation beyond reputeAdam Richards has a reputation beyond reputeAdam Richards has a reputation beyond reputeAdam Richards has a reputation beyond reputeAdam Richards has a reputation beyond reputeAdam Richards has a reputation beyond reputeAdam Richards has a reputation beyond reputeAdam Richards has a reputation beyond reputeAdam Richards has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Adam Richards Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Richards

"biddy biddy"

*shivers* I dare a FIRST DJ to even try to play Crazy Frog. We'll see how long it takes until the angry mob overwhelms him.

Joking aside, it's really just a Beverly Hills Cop trancy-pop remix with that annoying frog's voice laid over it, nothing more. As a result of Crazy Frog, I can't listen to that theme without waiting for the "bing bing." Darn you Crazy Frog!

Last edited by Adam Richards : 08-16-2005 at 02:34 PM.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-16-2005, 02:49 PM
Survived year 1–year 2 comes quick!
AKA: @WmLeverette, @GarnetSq, @SCRIW...
FRC #4901 (Garnet Squadron); FLL #7016/7017 (Garnet Squadron Alfa/Bravo)

Rookie Year: 2004
Billfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Richards
I dare a FIRST DJ to even try to play Crazy Frog. We'll see how long it takes until the angry mob overwhelms him.
Oh, if only I had pursued that ASCAP license harder for The Capital Clash...

(Relax, I'm not playing it. It annoys the bajeebers out of me too.)
Billfred's World Tour: USC Kickoff Palmetto CMP Robot Rodeo Manchester Kickoff Florida Palmetto CMP Capital Clash USC Kickoff FVC Orangeburg Florida Peachtree Palmetto CMP Mission Mayhem Exploding Bacon Vex Event Duel on the Delaware CalGames USC Kickoff Florida Chesapeake Palmetto CMP BattleCry Mission Mayhem Brunswick Eruption 6 Clemson Kickoff Chesapeake Palmetto CMP IRI TNT Greenville Tech Scrimmage Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI GRITS TNT Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto CMP IRI TNT SCRIW Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto Championship IRI SCRIW II Chapin Kickoff Palmetto South Florida IRI SCRIW III Chapin Kickoff SC FTC CMP Palmetto SC FLL CMP Orlando CMP Midknight Mayhem SCRIW IV (51,569.9 miles, and still on a mission from Bob)

Rule #1: Do not die. Rule #2: Be respectful. Rule #3: Be safe. Rule #4: Follow the handbook.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-16-2005, 02:51 PM
RoboShow Producer
AKA: DJ Royal Fusion
no team (RoboShow)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1999
Swan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Swan217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Richards
*shivers* I dare a FIRST DJ to even try to play Crazy Frog. We'll see how long it takes until the angry mob overwhelms him.
Challenge Accepted

~~Kettering Kickoff DJ

Follow us on Twitter @RoboShowLive and check out our website, www.theroboshow.net

"As president, I believe that robotics can inspire young people to pursue science and engineering. And I also want to keep an eye on those robots in case they try anything."
— President Barack Obama
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-16-2005, 03:18 PM
The red haired Dremel gnome!
FRC #0623 (Ohm robotics)
Team Role: Electrical

mechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to mechanicalbrain Send a message via Yahoo to mechanicalbrain

Yeah but gotta admit i like the graphics.

#8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-16-2005, 04:50 PM
Tie Wrap-Not Cable Tie or Zip tie
AKA: Stephen Denman
FRC #0759 (Systemetric)

Rookie Year: 2003
Denman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Denman Send a message via AIM to Denman Send a message via MSN to Denman Send a message via Yahoo to Denman

the ringtones were around for ages (a year?) before the "song"
the guy who created it hates it and he started it just to try and make a scooter/moped sound.

FIRSTWiki.org - Contribute, learn, inspire.

"Teach the way of the GP and the way of the GP shall teach you" - Me
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-16-2005, 07:57 PM
D.J. Fluck

Im going to quote Simon Cowell when I say....

"That was incredibly awful...."

Theres just no other words to describe it
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Programming Mentor
AKA: Dillon
FRC #0716 (Who'sCTEKS)
Team Role: College Student

CmptrGk has much to be proud ofCmptrGk has much to be proud ofCmptrGk has much to be proud ofCmptrGk has much to be proud ofCmptrGk has much to be proud ofCmptrGk has much to be proud ofCmptrGk has much to be proud ofCmptrGk has much to be proud of

just a small question, how did that become so popular?
(but i do find the shoot the frog game funny)

edit:
after watching it for a second time it seems to be better

"Great autonomous mode Dillon."," It hasn't been written yet"
after an Archimedes match

Last edited by CmptrGk : 08-16-2005 at 08:51 PM.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-16-2005, 08:40 PM
Grow Up? Why?
FRC #0610

Rookie Year: 2002
Steve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond repute

Call me sick but I loved it. The guys at work were all asking for the links. The best part is playing the game after watching video 6 times. Not enough humor around lately.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-17-2005, 12:49 PM
Grammar Curmudgeon
AKA: gwross
FRC #0330 (Beach 'Bots)

Rookie Year: 1998
Greg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Greg Ross Send a message via Yahoo to Greg Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve W
Call me sick but I loved it.
I guess that makes two of us sickos.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" Hunter S. Thompson
"Playing a practical joke means doing something mean and calling it funny." Me

Last edited by Greg Ross : 08-17-2005 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Forgot to spell check the first time.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-24-2005, 12:12 PM
FRC #1511
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2005
Ashley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Christine has a reputation beyond repute

Psh, I heard this song on the radio when I was in NJ with Corey. I remember him saying "this is number one song in the uk" I go "Yah know, I actually kinda like it..." He goes "yeah, me too."
So that would be two people who like it.
And appearantly it is on some radiowaves in NJ. Stupid NJ. HAHA.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-24-2005, 01:25 PM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Rookie Year: 2001
Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock

Crazy Frog also does a song called Wonderland which I think should be played at the Canadian Mini-Comp @ Wonderland..

What do you think?

It's actually got a sample of the same song that was used not only in the Rave scene in the movie Blade, but also during kickoff one year during introduction video of sponsors/suppliers if I remember correctly..

Besides that, the rest of the CD sounds pretty cool. I was able to sample it and it's great.. The sound that is "The Annoying Thing" in the Crazy Frog vid is in all the tracks.

It can kind of get a bit annoying after a while having the same sound on all the tracks, but like I always say.. if you don't like it, don't listen to it.

That said.. I listened to it straight through for more than an hour today.

#15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-24-2005, 07:49 PM
Grammar Curmudgeon
AKA: gwross
FRC #0330 (Beach 'Bots)

Rookie Year: 1998
Greg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Greg Ross Send a message via Yahoo to Greg Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgin Clock
That said.. I listened to it straight through for more than an hour today.
But did you scrobble it?
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" Hunter S. Thompson
"Playing a practical joke means doing something mean and calling it funny." Me

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: