Go to Post Continue? You mean we can quit? Why didn't someone say so! - tsaksa [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #31   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-09-2005, 12:15 AM
Havin' a gas gas gas.
AKA: Andrew Page
FRC #0836 (RoboBees)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2003
Zero-Bee is a jewel in the roughZero-Bee is a jewel in the roughZero-Bee is a jewel in the roughZero-Bee is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Zero-Bee Send a message via MSN to Zero-Bee Send a message via Yahoo to Zero-Bee
Re: Apple Killed the iPod Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGilbert45
The problem is you can't buy an iPod without a color screen anymore. Unless you purchase a Shuffle, but then you don't get any kind of screen. You technically can't watch video on iPods so you wouldn't buy one to do that and I'm not really sure why you would compare the nano with the GBA Micro. The reason I purchased a nano is mainly because my second generation iPod's battery is pretty much dead (less than 2 hours on full charge) and I'm too impatient to wait for the settlement to go through or buy a replacement to replace the old battery.
Oh, really? Crap. I guess I could try Froogle or Ebay. But I need the money to buy an Xbox360...

Stupid Apple and their expencive hippity-hop playing machines.

NOTE: Please percieve that last comment as sarcasm.

FRC 2007 - It's gonna be a gas gas gas.
  #32   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-09-2005, 02:04 AM
AKA: Cory McBride
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Cory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Cory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko173
It's kind of upsetting that they killed the mini, I really wanted one, it was just the right size.
I bet you can get some real good deals on ebay in a few weeks.
  #33   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-09-2005, 03:46 AM
Fire Rescue 47
AKA: Kyle Dersch
FRC #1023 (Bedford Express)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2005
KTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KTorak

Quote:
The problem is you can't buy an iPod without a color screen anymore.
I've found discounted (like $20 off) iPods without the color screen at my local Apple "Store". It's one of those stands at my mall like Verizon and stuff has. Most things have to eb ordered at the store, and will be delivered. But yeah, I know they had them, dunno if they still have any left (or any one does for that matter).
2006 Bedford Express Driver, Build Team Member, & Board of Directors
2005 Bedford Express Rookie, Build Team Member & Robot Operator
-
2008 - GLR Quarter Finalist
2007 - GLR Finalist & Boilermaker Finalist & MARC Off Season Event Winner
2006 - GLR Johnson & Johnson Sportsmanship Award & Archimedes 7th Seed Quarter Finalist
2005 - GLR Finalist & Judges Award.
2004 - GLR Semi Finalist.
2003 - GLR/DTR Quarter Finalist & GLR/NAT'L Rookie All Star.
  #34   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-09-2005, 12:00 PM
Bankai!
FRC #0111 (WildStang)
Team Role: Alumni

Brian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Brian Lesser

Quote:
The problem is you can't buy an iPod without a color screen anymore.
Newegg.com still has some... *prays that the link works*

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ubmit=Property

For those who didn't know, there was some partnership between Apple and HP so that the early iPod models can still be sold. That's why some of the iPods descriptions mention HP.
  #35   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-09-2005, 02:26 PM
Financial Engineer
FRC #4991 (HORSEpower)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
Conor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Lesser
Newegg.com still has some... *prays that the link works*

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ubmit=Property

For those who didn't know, there was some partnership between Apple and HP so that the early iPod models can still be sold. That's why some of the iPods descriptions mention HP.
yeah newegg still has 'em. 4gig for 200 and 6 gig for 247 ahh, its dead for a few weeks i think. At least until the rest of the world notices that the Nano is on sale. I'm sure the other stores will have them too, that maybe a cheap deal if you look around.

Does anyone else think it should be called the iPod Mili or Micro? since Nano is a bit smaller than that. 10^-9 if i'm right.
  #36   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-09-2005, 04:04 PM
FRC #1547 (Where's Waldo?)

Laura 1547 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura 1547 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura 1547 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura 1547 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura 1547 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura 1547 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura 1547 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura 1547 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura 1547 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura 1547 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura 1547 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Laura 1547

I really wish I had waited to get my iPod. The one I have is a 20 GB but non-colour and I really want the colour one...oh well if it plays the music and sounds good doing so then I am happy! hehe
  #37   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-11-2005, 07:28 PM
Bankai!
FRC #0111 (WildStang)

Brian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to behold

sorry for bumping the topic, but I got back from the Apple store today...

I tried out the Nano and had mixed feelings about it...

First off, the size. As mentioned before, it is very... very... VERY... VERY small in all ways possible. The overall size is small, the screen is small, the click wheel is small. The button that you use to select your opiton was probably the same size as the other iPods that use the Click Wheel because it obviously looked MUCH bigger on the Nano that it did on the other iPods. Most, if not all, the different cable ports (headphone, firewire/USB) are located on the bottom the Nano.

Overall, I would say this was the Virtual Boy of the iPods. Good idea, but your eyes are going to be sore in the end...
  #38   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Currently foraging for food..
AKA: Doug
no team

i_am_Doug has a spectacular aura abouti_am_Doug has a spectacular aura abouti_am_Doug has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to i_am_Doug Send a message via MSN to i_am_Doug Send a message via Yahoo to i_am_Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfred
Goodness gracious professionalism, that's tiny!

Now the whole deal for college students (where they gave away a free 4 GB iPod mini with a Mac purchase) suddenly makes sense.

THINK THATS TINY IPOD FLEA
  #39   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Reject False Icons
no team

Joe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond repute

#40   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-12-2005, 12:37 PM
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
KyleGilbert45 has a brilliant futureKyleGilbert45 has a brilliant futureKyleGilbert45 has a brilliant futureKyleGilbert45 has a brilliant futureKyleGilbert45 has a brilliant futureKyleGilbert45 has a brilliant futureKyleGilbert45 has a brilliant futureKyleGilbert45 has a brilliant futureKyleGilbert45 has a brilliant futureKyleGilbert45 has a brilliant futureKyleGilbert45 has a brilliant future

Thats pretty good.

I've also got a question directed towards anyone that has ordered an Apple product from their website. Does anyone have any experience with Apple products being shipped from Shenzhen, China? I did some research and found Apple has a contractor plant there where they do all (or most?) or their engraving. Since I paid for 2-day expedited shipping I'm wondering if that two days is once it gets to the US or if they start counting days from the time it leaves China.
  #41   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Win Anyway.
AKA: @WmLeverette, @GarnetSq, @SCRIW...
FRC #4901 (Garnet Squadron)
Team Role: Mentor

Billfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know how the expedited shipping works, but I know that two of my three Apple purchases have originated in Shanghai, according to FedEx. (The other one, an iPod mini, came from New Jersey.)
Billfred's World Tour: USC Kickoff Palmetto CMP Robot Rodeo Manchester Kickoff Florida Palmetto CMP Capital Clash USC Kickoff FVC Orangeburg Florida Peachtree Palmetto CMP Mission Mayhem Exploding Bacon Vex Event Duel on the Delaware CalGames USC Kickoff Florida Chesapeake Palmetto CMP BattleCry Mission Mayhem Brunswick Eruption 6 Clemson Kickoff Chesapeake Palmetto CMP IRI TNT Greenville Tech Scrimmage Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI GRITS TNT Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto CMP IRI TNT SCRIW Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto Championship IRI SCRIW II Chapin Kickoff Palmetto South Florida IRI SCRIW III Chapin Kickoff SC FTC CMP Palmetto SC FLL CMP Orlando CMP Midknight Mayhem SCRIW IV (51,569.9 miles, and still on a mission from Bob)

Rule #1: Do not die. Rule #2: Be respectful. Rule #3: Be safe. Rule #4: Follow the handbook.
  #42   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-12-2005, 03:38 PM
The Resident Gamer -
AKA: Pat or Harry... if you ask its a long story...
FRC #0078 (AIR Strike)
Team Role: Tactician

Heretic121 has a reputation beyond reputeHeretic121 has a reputation beyond reputeHeretic121 has a reputation beyond reputeHeretic121 has a reputation beyond reputeHeretic121 has a reputation beyond reputeHeretic121 has a reputation beyond reputeHeretic121 has a reputation beyond reputeHeretic121 has a reputation beyond reputeHeretic121 has a reputation beyond reputeHeretic121 has a reputation beyond reputeHeretic121 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Heretic121

ive dropped my ipod 4g 20gb from above waist high without any damage...

but yet again i am using a silicon sleave by DLO... *iSkins are also very good at absorbing falls...
'10 NH Regional Finalist (Thank you teams 1922 + 134) / '10 NH GM Industrial Design'09 CMP Division Champion - Newton (thank you teams 1507 + 177) / '09 CT GM Industrial Design / '09 NH Regional Champion (thank you teams 175 + 2621) / '09 NH GM Industrial Design / '08 NH Regional Champion / '08 NH Regional Judges Award / '07 MA Regional Finalist / '05 NH Regional Champion / '04 CT Woodie Flowers Regional Award

2004 - Team 121 Human Player
2005 - Team 121 Student Captian
2006 - Team 38 Drive Team Coach / Mentor
2007 - 2009 - Team 121 Mentor / Strategery Master
2010 - Present - Team 78 Mentor / Strategy / Scouting Lead
  #43   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-12-2005, 04:51 PM
boiler up!
FRC #3940 (CyberTooth)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2002
Greg McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McCoy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Greg McCoy

http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?cntry_...261&initial=x&

That's the shipping track for my 20 gig iPod color. My first iPod and PowerBook both came from Shanghai, I believe. The PowerBook took a little extra time to clear customs, but I think the iPods are exempt from that.

Last edited by Greg McCoy : 09-12-2005 at 04:55 PM.
  #44   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-12-2005, 11:11 PM
OSNAP. a gear flew out of the robot
no team
Team Role: College Student

wilshire is just really nicewilshire is just really nicewilshire is just really nicewilshire is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to wilshire

yeah the new nano's are incedibly small and quite sexy. I was at the local apple store and decided to check them out. i almost got one but my music collection is getting far too out of hand so I'll just have to go with either a 20GB or 60GB iPod. which now have color screens. but yeah the nano weighs like nothing and is uber awesome. its like 1/3 the size of a mini.

Purdue FIRST Teams
Team 461 -http://www.boilerinvasion.org/
Team 1646 - http://www.precisionguessworks.org/
Team 1747 - www.harrisonboilerrobotics.org
  #45   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-13-2005, 05:10 PM
Bankai!
FRC #0111 (WildStang)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic121
ive dropped my ipod 4g 20gb from above waist high without any damage...

but yet again i am using a silicon sleave by DLO... *iSkins are also very good at absorbing falls...
Dropped my Shuffle on boards of wood....works like the day I patched it to version 1.1 =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg McCoy
That's the shipping track for my 20 gig iPod color. My first iPod and PowerBook both came from Shanghai, I believe. The PowerBook took a little extra time to clear customs, but I think the iPods are exempt from that.
BTW, did you check your Powerbook's battery to see if it was one of the recalled battery models?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: