OCCRA
Go to Post Things that get said on the field should stay on the field. - Bongle [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Championship Event
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

View Poll Results: How much sleep did YOU get?
What is sleep? 6 9.23%
1 - 2 hrs 5 7.69%
3 - 4 hrs 19 29.23%
5 - 6 hrs 28 43.08%
7 - 8 hrs 7 10.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2002, 11:45 AM
General Manager
no team
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Erin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Erin Rapacki
How much sleep did YOU get?

Hi,

I'm doing a power-point presentation on nationals for a computer class at school. The presentaion requires a graph, so I'm wondering how much (or little) did you all sleep during nats. Thank you for your help!

ByE

erin
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2002, 12:00 PM
B.C.O.M. Forever!
AKA: Brian Gattman
FRC #2910 (Jack in the Bot), FRC #0365 (MOE, Alumnus)

Rookie Year: 2000
gniticxe will become famous soon enough
I'm sure this wont really matter for your poll, but for three of those 5-6 hour nights, I was under the stars! Our team rented several houses and we had a nice little pool with a screen canopy in the back. Anyway, sleeping outside when it was nice and warm with the moon shining nicely --- it's a good thing.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2002, 03:30 PM
#0311 (Red Jammers)

Kyle Hill is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Kyle Hill
Ever see Full Metal Jacket?

Remember the scene where the guy gets smothered in a blanket and beaten up with socks in the middle of the night?

Yeah. Thats what happened when I tried to sleep.
-2002 Einstein #1 Seeded Champions
-2002 National Finalists
-2002 WPI Battlecry Champions
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2002, 03:58 PM
no team (NEW Apple Corps)
Team Role: Alumni

Katie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Katie Reynolds Send a message via Yahoo to Katie Reynolds
Hmmm ... Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night I slept about 3 hours a night... Saturday night I slept for 11 hours and Sunday night was another 6 hours ... so during the competition I got about 3 hours of sleep per night. Average sleep per night for the whole trip was 5.2 hours

- Katie
Team #93 - NEW Apple Corps
Student - 2001-2004
Team #857 - Superior Roboworks
Mentor - 2006-2009
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2002, 07:40 PM
General Manager
no team

Erin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Erin Rapacki
hey,

the usless information about how you guys slept is actually great. I'm also trying to make this presentation a bit of a comedy, so if you have any funny pictures of ppl sleeping, send them right over!

ByE

erin
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2002, 07:54 PM
Ricksta Happens
AKA: Talon
#0121 (Rhode Warriors)
Team Role: Alumni

SkitzoSmurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SkitzoSmurf Send a message via Yahoo to SkitzoSmurf
Ok, lets see here. The night efore we left on the plane I had no sleep. The night I got there I think that I got 4 hours of sleep. The next night I had no sleep from staying up and acting retarded all night, then the big night came next, five whole hours. Then two hours of sleep the night before we went to the theme parks, and then no sleep the night before we came back. I was taking alot of caffeine pills to stay awake, lol. So I averaged 1.8 hours of sleep each night. Now here is the really funny part. the day we came back, Monday, I went to bed right when I got home at 3:00, and didn't wake up until 7:00 the next morning, and I got more sleep then AI did the entire trip with 16 hours of sleep. My mom woke me up, and she's like Talon you have to get up. I'm like why? She says, because you need to go to school, and I was shocked. That was a good night for sleep. My friend kept complaining the whole trip because me and one other peson just wouldn't go to bed. One night, when I had no sleep whatsoever, I was like on a mental high, and we all put towels on our heads, and took pictures as the Talonban, it was hysterical. Those pictures still need developing, but I am sure that they are hilarious. I think I would be a good person to study for sleep habits. lol.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2002, 11:55 AM
Adult troublemaker
FRC #0811

Alfred Thompson has a spectacular aura aboutAlfred Thompson has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Alfred Thompson
it's tough being the grown up

We had a bus taking us to the airport at 3:30 AM. So we had a little get together at school to wait for the bus starting the night before. Can you say "LAN party as school?" No one slept that night (except me because I am old). I followed a don't ask, don't tell policy about how much the team slept after that. But I got as much as I could while staying up late worrying about all the details of the trip.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2002, 09:00 PM
Dave - The King
#0357 (Royal Assault)

Quain is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Quain
hmm.. i got a bunch of sleep.. around 3 or 4 hours a night... plus... the hour or so I got when i SLEPT THROUGH THE FINALS!! i was disappointed.. *sigh*
  • Quarter Finalist in Curie Division @ Disney Finals in Florida
  • Received Delphi's "Driving Technology of Tomorrow" @ Disney Finals in Florida
Contact
Aim: SnoManX
http://www.first.udsd.k12.pa.us
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2002, 09:32 PM
Ricky Q.'s Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
yee haw!
FRC #0148 (Robowranglers)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
Ricky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Q.
Sleep..ahh the thought

Well lets see, Wed. Night I believe I got 4 hours, Thursday and Friday I got a little more, I thought I should since I was driving the robot, so around 5 or 6, then Saturday nite none of our team went to sleep because we left for the Orlando Airport at 5:00 AM Sunday, that was an interesting night, we did find out the timing of the Hotel's Sprinkler system thanks to the help of one of our engineers:

Team: "Whats that?!?, Ahhhh the sprinklers!"

Mike: "Don't worry they'll go off in a couple minutes, it happened last night too."
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2002, 09:40 PM
A Legacy of Impact
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)

Rookie Year: 1999
David Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to David Kelly Send a message via Yahoo to David Kelly
i can't remember if i slept. i've slept since then.

2010 Boilermaker Regional

Chairman's Award, Regional Finalist
2010 Kansas City Regional
Entrepreneurship Award

2010 Championships
Autodesk Inventor Award Winner
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-03-2002, 10:37 AM
D.J. Fluck

Survey Clarification?

Is that hours per night, or hours total for the week?
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-04-2002, 10:26 PM
Andy Grady in a dress...wait, what?
FRC #0166 (Chop Shop)

Anne George is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Anne George
Yeah so when I voted i voted like 3-4 hours but that was really just a total of the whole week because my room was up like all night talking on the phone with one of the guys rooms and when we werent on the phone we were up outside their room talking to them so my roommate was laying outside their room and she fell asleep and of course because we werent aloud in the guys room I was laying half in their room like half asleep and they like all decided to attack me by shoving their feet in to my face
2003~ AutoDesk Animation Award Finalist: Granite State Regional Engineering Inspiration Award Winner: Granite State Regional Competition, New England Regional Competition Quarter-Finalist: Mayhem on the Merrimack Semi-Finalist: BattleCry @ WPI Winner!!!
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-04-2002, 10:33 PM
OMG We're Back Again
AKA: Joe Troy Jr.
#0357 (Royal Assault)

Rookie Year: 1999
purplehaze357 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to purplehaze357 Send a message via Yahoo to purplehaze357
who needs sleep....3 hours or less is all i get and its all i need to function

2004 Philadelphia Regional Referee
2005 Pittsburg Regional Referee
2005 Philadelphia Regional Referee

2003 Chesapeake Regional Chairmans Award Winners
2003 Chesapeake Regional "Delphi Driving Tormorrows Technology" Recipients

Aim: smallmanjoe98
Email: jtroy@temple.edu
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-05-2002, 02:47 PM
#0066 (Those medeling penquins)

sidewinder is an unknown quantity at this point
sleep??

Sleep equals shaving cream, and video tape. We tried for a few hours every night but even at that we slept with one eye open.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-05-2002, 05:29 PM
Robogeek
no team
Team Role: College Student

Gui Cavalcanti is a name known to allGui Cavalcanti is a name known to allGui Cavalcanti is a name known to allGui Cavalcanti is a name known to allGui Cavalcanti is a name known to allGui Cavalcanti is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Gui Cavalcanti
Oy

Well, being geeks to the extreme, we brought a Gamecube to Florida. Unfortunately the hotel attempted to prevent this by programming their TV and installing a modem on it to report back information. We subsequently hacked through the TV's settings and hooked up the Gamecube It worked pretty well once you got it started (the colors would shift and fade every 5 minutes or so), but getting it started was a pain... the TV would try to give you an "unusable signal" error and everything.. hehe

Anyway, the bad part is that the Gamecube was located in my room. Therefore we went to bed at around 2 AM each night, getting up at 6 or 7... I guess it's not that bad, in comparison to the other replies!

All-Purpose College Mentor with a Mechanical Specialty

Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering, Class of 2008
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: