Go to Post FRC is a game of mentors. The best teams are guided by mentors who know how to balance on the knife edge of pushing the envelope and achieving success. - Mr. Van [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Technical Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-01-2005, 01:12 PM
I REALLY want to be Andy Baker
FRC #1018 (RoboDevils)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
Stu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Stu Bloom Send a message via Yahoo to Stu Bloom Send a message via Skype™ to Stu Bloom
Exclamation DeWalt Transmissions - XRP Drill source !!

For those of you not familiar with the tremendous benefits of using the DeWalt XRP Drill transmission on a FIRST Robot you might want to take a look at this thread and the fantastic and very detailed white paper prepared by Joe Pavliga and Dr. Joe Johnson. This transmission, when mated with any of the three motors as detailed in the paper, provides a strong, lightweight, compact, robust, 3 speed shift on-the-fly power soution that can be incorporated into many areas of your robot. Search the forum for "DeWalt" and you will find several threads with additional discussion and many examples of how these have been used.

NOW, for the rest of us ... I recently checked on the DeWalt "ServiceNET" website to see if I could get a jump on ordering the parts required to put together these workhorses for the upcoming season. I was not totally surprised to find that the transmission assy (P/N 397892-05) is again (or still?) listed as "Back Ordered no release date at this time".

FORTUNATELY - our team's source for our DeWalt parts last year is still thriving and has the entire 12V drill (model #DC980KA - less battery) available for LESS THAN the cost of the individual required spare/replacement parts from DeWalt.

I am passing along contact and pricing information for those interested ...

Gail Helton
email: arizonaheltons<AT>cox<DOT>net

Pricing - 12V XRP drill (model #DC980DA) available (NO battery):
Qty 1 - 5 : $60 each
6th, 7th, 8th, +++ : $50 each
Shipping charge of $16.96 for entire order (to Indianapolis - might be different for you).

Hope this is helpful ... Good Luck All!
FIRST Team 1018 - Pike HS RoboDevils
My activity for 2012:
  • Boilermaker planning committee
  • Israel Head Ref - DONE (and it was FANTASTIC!)
  • Boilermaker Regional (with 1018) - DONE
  • Midwest Head Ref - DONE
  • WORLD Championships (with 1018) - DONE
  • IRI Head Ref - DONE
  • CAGE Match Head Ref

Last edited by Stu Bloom : 12-01-2005 at 01:15 PM.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-01-2005, 04:20 PM
1337 U53R
AKA: Shaver
None #1541 (MidloCANics)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2005
bombadier337 is just really nicebombadier337 is just really nicebombadier337 is just really nicebombadier337 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to bombadier337
Re: DeWalt Transmissions - XRP Drill source !!

We had a problem acquiring the gearboxes as well, but we went through Robot Marketplace.

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/mark...echanical.html
*click dewalt gearboxes at the bottom, sorry, they don't like direct linking.

They are $24.99, and were delivered in about a week. Your source seems to be a better deal, but just figured I'd inform everone.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-13-2006, 09:34 PM
I live for the details.
FRC #3620 (Average Joes)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1996
Richard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DeWalt Transmissions - XRP Drill source !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Bloom
FORTUNATELY - our team's source for our DeWalt parts last year is still thriving and has the entire 12V drill (model #DC980KA - less battery) available for LESS THAN the cost of the individual required spare/replacement parts from DeWalt.

I am passing along contact and pricing information for those interested ...

Gail Helton
email: arizonaheltons<AT>cox<DOT>net

Pricing - 12V XRP drill (model #DC980DA) available (NO battery):
Qty 1 - 5 : $60 each
6th, 7th, 8th, +++ : $50 each
Shipping charge of $16.96 for entire order (to Indianapolis - might be different for you).

Hope this is helpful ... Good Luck All!
I ordered four DC980DA's without batteries from this source and got delivery in a few days.

Thanks for the tip, Stu!
Mentor since 2002 for FRC 931 Perpetual Chaos (St. Louis, Missouri)
since 2003

I believe in intuition and inspiration. Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution. It is, strictly speaking, a real factor in scientific research.
(Cosmic Religion : With Other Opinions and Aphorisms (1931) by Albert Einstein, p. 97
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: