OCCRA
Go to Post teams that REALLY deserve to win will find ways to overcome a marginal officiating decision. Also, teams that REALLY deserved to win will try not to put themselves in that position. - Chris Hibner [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-25-2001, 02:49 PM
Ken Leung's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Dare to Live!
FRC #0115 (Monta Vista Robotics Team)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
Ken Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ken Leung
Unhappy Can someone please take over QOTW for one or two weekends?

Last week's QOTW was really short because I was in a rush to a canoe trip... Little did I know that Sunday would be one of the saddest Sunday I could ever have...

The 15 of us had tons of fun all day long... but as we were docking, one of the canoe flipped, and one of my friend drowned... Even though they got him to the hospital right away, he did not make it early Monday morning.

Um... I have to stay up at Berkeley and take care of some unfinished business, so I won't be doing the question of the week for this weekend at least...

Would someone like to take over?

thanks....
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-25-2001, 03:44 PM
Nice Guy
no team

Tom Fairchild will become famous soon enoughTom Fairchild will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Tom Fairchild
Ken - While I don't consider myself quite the veteran that should do question of the week, I do want to send you my absolute deepest condolences. I'm sure that I can speak for the whole board in saying that we're here for ya if you need us.

~Tom~
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-25-2001, 06:08 PM
-
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
EddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud of
It's sad when things like that happen. I send my condolences. I'll also do the QotW for you if you wish.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-25-2001, 08:17 PM
The_C
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
Carolyn Duncan is a jewel in the roughCarolyn Duncan is a jewel in the roughCarolyn Duncan is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy

Wow! I'm really sorry. I kinda know the feelin' and there ain't nothin' to say that would help you feel much better. Maybe we should have an observance and not have the QOTW. It's the least we should do.

Thats C like the letter not like looking through your eyes or the large bdy of water! Just the letter C and yes it's on my birth certificate!
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-25-2001, 08:21 PM
A Legacy of Impact
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
David Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to David Kelly Send a message via Yahoo to David Kelly
Quote:
Originally posted by Carolyn Duncan
Wow! I'm really sorry. I kinda know the feelin' and there ain't nothin' to say that would help you feel much better. Maybe we should have an observance and not have the QOTW. It's the least we should do.
yeah, i agree. it's ken's job. let him continue when he's good and ready.

2010 Boilermaker Regional

Chairman's Award, Regional Finalist
2010 Kansas City Regional
Entrepreneurship Award

2010 Championships
Autodesk Inventor Award Winner
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-26-2001, 07:45 AM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Been-In-FIRST-Too-Long
FRC #1438 (The Aztechs)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1998
Matt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Matt Leese
Ken had asked me to do the QOTW on Sunday so I had planned to do so. My deepest condolenses on your loss.

Matt
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-26-2001, 09:40 AM
Joe Ross's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
FRC #0330 (Beachbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1997
Joe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond repute
Ken,

You and all your friends are in my prayers.

God Bless
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-28-2001, 01:27 PM
cd addicted ninny
#0419 (rambots)

mike o'leary is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to mike o'leary Send a message via AIM to mike o'leary Send a message via Yahoo to mike o'leary
im very sorry to hear this ken. you and youre friends will be in my thoughts and prayers. and im sorry im only posting this now. i never even saw this thread before today, even though cd has it marked as read. but i know i woulda definately remembered seeing somethign like that and posted somethign like this.

again, my sympathies.

btw, i agree with carolyn about the question of the week.

***ninny pride***

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: