OCCRA
Go to Post Someday, when I grow up, I want to join the GDC so I can make people go crazy, and then release hints that get people even crazier. - unionylibertad [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > OCCRA
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-09-2005, 10:04 AM
Mike Martus's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
FRC #0051 (Wings of Fire)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 1996
Mike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond repute
[OCCRA]: OCCRA Kit and additional parts 2006

Please post you suggestions for improvements to the kit of parts as well as the additional materials list. The committee will consider all suggestions. Please include a rational for why the item should be added and the cost of the item.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-10-2005, 09:53 AM
Andy
AKA: Andy
FRC #0308 (The Monsters)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
Silent_Stryker will become famous soon enoughSilent_Stryker will become famous soon enough
Re: [OCCRA]: OCCRA Kit and additional parts 2006

i dunno about improvements... but we at team 802 will need a new control board for our controller, the AC 120v plug broke off of the board

#3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-12-2005, 08:40 AM
AKA: Josh
FRC #0051 (Wings of Fire)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2004
Josh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond repute

there is not really alot of restrictions but some things require certan things to make it to a good quality part. I think there should be a pipe bender allowed. a bar folder would also be handy to use. Also the foot shears should be allowed so there arent so many sharp edges plus these are safer to use because your hands are nowhere in the way one of our team members got cut on the bandsaw so you guys should look into these items. I think that you should be able to use anything that you can get at a home depot, lowes, ace or any other hardware stores because everything there is available to everyone so it isn't like its not fair.basically anything that you can buy off the shelf you should be able to use. you should be able to use any type or size of aluminum tubing, boxed and c channel, pvc piping. you guys should really look into different sprockets maybe aluminum steel takes up alot of weight, yeah it does make it more of a challenge but then again you can buy aluminum sprockets so if you want to then you should be able to.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-12-2005, 02:48 PM
OCCRA team 17 (formerly 23)
AKA: Alicia
FRC #1481 (AWESOME-O)
Team Role: Leadership

iheartpi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to iheartpi

I agree that tools like a pipe bender should definitely be allowed. Although not cheap, they are well within team's budgets. I don't think there would be any serious competitive advantage of one team using this tool, it would just save a lot of aggravation. The same applies to the bar folder. These tools are relatively accessible. These tools are easy to use, and any team could find one to access for a period of time, make their folds or bends and leave.

While we are on the topic of allowed tools, since we can use sewing machines (which are tools) I think that they should definitely appear on the list of allowed tools. There are members of our team that will never forget having to hand-sew baskets because a sewing machine was not on the list, and they were misinformed when told that they could not use one.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: