OCCRA
Go to Post If Andy asked y'all to stand on your head, would you do that, too? ;) - Madison [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2005, 05:08 PM
AKA: Janice Bourget
no team
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 1999
trollin1st is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to trollin1st
Exclamation FIRST History HELP

I need help!! I'm trying to locate archived info on past years matches. I have already been to the FIRSTwiki site and the FIRST-a-holics site (I got most of my info from that site). I'm missing info from 1994-1996. Can anyone help me? I'm trying to compose a FIRST history sheet for our team since approx 95% of the team I'm working with are Freshman. Does anyone have any connections or old manuals that are collecting dust that can help me out? thanks
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2005, 05:12 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Lets do this....
FRC #2848 (All-sparks)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2002
Greg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Greg Needel Send a message via Skype™ to Greg Needel
Re: FIRST History HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollin1st
I need help!! I'm trying to locate archived info on past years matches. I have already been to the FIRSTwiki site and the FIRST-a-holics site (I got most of my info from that site). I'm missing info from 1994-1996. Can anyone help me? I'm trying to compose a FIRST history sheet for our team since approx 95% of the team I'm working with are Freshman. Does anyone have any connections or old manuals that are collecting dust that can help me out? thanks

I recently found a box of old materials lying around at deka, i have been working on getting clearance to digitize the video and make the material public. i will make it available as soon as i can.

Since you are in Manchester i would also suggest you go over to FIRST and check out the things they have there.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Support STEM Education
FRC #3301 (Jay County Robotics)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2004
Kyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond repute

A good person to talk to about that would be "AmyPrib" shes the leader of our current history project.

Kyle Love
Teams I've been on:
Team 45 - The TechnoKats - Student/Leader/Driver 2004-2007
Team 1646 - Boiler Precision Guessworks - Mentor 2007-2011
Team 3301 - Jay County Robotics - Teacher 2011-Present

#4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2005, 06:09 PM
no team

Rookie Year: 2003
AmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond repute

Yep - we've been going through 15yrs of FIRST/TechnoKat history and have everything under the sun (just about). I believe we've got almost every year's game manual, team lists, regional and natls award winners, event programs, rule updates, etc. Most of it's been scanned or already electronic.

What exactly are you looking for? I'll get to posting some files, probably in White Papers for those years competition manuals.

Edit - Ok, I lied. The electronic files I have for these are 4-11mb and won't compress too much. Can't post to white papers. Look out for lots of history info (docs/video/photo) on the technokats.org site early next year.

Co-Chair Boilermaker Regional Planning Committee 2004-2011
2008 St. Louis Regional Finalists and Engineering Inspiration Award
2007 St. Louis Regional Champions - Thanks 1444 & 829! / St. Louis and Boilermaker Quality Award
2006 Boilermaker Chairman's Award
Referee - IRI - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
2005 Midwest Regional - Semifinalist, Engineering Inspiration Award, and Safety Award / Boilermaker Regional - Judges Award
2004 Midwest Regional Champions - Thanks 269 and 930! / IRI Runner-Up - Thanks to 234 and 447!!!
2004 Championship: Archimedes Finalist - Thanks 716 and 1272!
"We are going to be praised and criticized more than we deserve. We are not to be affected by either." ~ co-worker

Last edited by AmyPrib : 12-21-2005 at 06:24 PM.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2005, 07:50 PM
no team

Wow... didn't expect that quick of a response... Basically I'm doing a quick hit on each year... what the game was, weight and size restrictions on the robot and any interesting info on the game, like anything that stood out in the game, etc... thanks for the quick responses...
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2005, 08:02 PM
Joe Johnson's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Engineer at iRobot
AKA: Dr. Joe
FRC #0246 (Overclocked)

Rookie Year: 1996
Joe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Can you say WAYBACKMACHINE?

Go to http://web.archive.org

enter www.usfirst.org and VIOLA! Old manuals, old rules, old results, updates, you name it...

It is AMAZING!

Happy digging.

More folks really need to know about the waybackmachine.

Joe J.
Overclocked #246
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2005, 08:06 PM
no team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Johnson

enter www.usfirst.org and VIOLA! Old manuals, old rules, old results, updates, you name it...

It is AMAZING!

Happy digging.

Joe J.
OH MY GOODNESS, I LOVE YOU!!!! That is SOO cool!!! Thank you... this will help with my hunting
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2005, 08:20 PM
Ellery's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Working on my 10 month old robot...
AKA: Ellery
no team (X-CATS - on Sabbatical)
Team Role: Leadership

Ellery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ellery Send a message via Yahoo to Ellery

Joe - what an awesome link... now we just have to consolidate alot of this historic stuff together somehow.

Amy - I would love to see what you guys have from the past. I've been doing some site cleaning and tried to categorize alot of the old stuff at our place for our site museum.

Ellery
"We don't just build robots we build people..."
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-22-2005, 09:38 AM
no team

AmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellery
Joe - what an awesome link... now we just have to consolidate alot of this historic stuff together somehow.

Amy - I would love to see what you guys have from the past. I've been doing some site cleaning and tried to categorize alot of the old stuff at our place for our site museum.

Ellery
This is precisely what we are doing currently... Consolidating everything by year, organizing, sifting, sorting, etc. Working as fast as we can - 15yrs is a lot of stuff to dig through. It's all been organized, we have almost everything scanned into electronic files, and have almost all 100+vhs tapes converted to dvd. Much of this stuff will go on our website once it's compiled. I'm guessing we have just about everything anyone would want to see. We might just have a kiosk in our pit as well.. this is still under construction. Will try to let everyone know when our site is updated so it can be mobbed.

ps. there's some stuff that I pulled from wayback machine also, esp event results/awards. While we have a lot of this stuff in our file cabinets, I am trying to pull as much as I can from other places too to fill any holes. Ideally it'll be one massive history resource.

Co-Chair Boilermaker Regional Planning Committee 2004-2011
2008 St. Louis Regional Finalists and Engineering Inspiration Award
2007 St. Louis Regional Champions - Thanks 1444 & 829! / St. Louis and Boilermaker Quality Award
2006 Boilermaker Chairman's Award
Referee - IRI - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
2005 Midwest Regional - Semifinalist, Engineering Inspiration Award, and Safety Award / Boilermaker Regional - Judges Award
2004 Midwest Regional Champions - Thanks 269 and 930! / IRI Runner-Up - Thanks to 234 and 447!!!
2004 Championship: Archimedes Finalist - Thanks 716 and 1272!
"We are going to be praised and criticized more than we deserve. We are not to be affected by either." ~ co-worker

Last edited by AmyPrib : 12-22-2005 at 09:43 AM.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-22-2005, 04:46 PM
VEX Robotics Engineer
AKA: Arthur Dutra IV; NERD #18
FRC #0148 (Robowranglers)

artdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Johnson

It is AMAZING!

Happy digging.

Joe J.
I have no idea how I stumbled upon this page (everytime I try to retrace what links I clicked on, it never works again), but I was able to find a page in the Internet Archive that lists every single file they have archived for a particular website. Archive.org says that they have 21976 records stored from the FIRST website. Here's the link:

http://web.archive.org/web/*sr_1nr_1.../usfirst.org/*

世上无难事,只怕有心人.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-22-2005, 05:14 PM
is getting lost in her new home
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta), #1504 (alum), #67 (alum)

Beth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond repute

Sidenote: I found it rather amusing to look up NASA's first homepage update...

Just out of curiosity, why are you looking up information from so many year's ago? Trying to figure out what this game will be based on past precident???
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-22-2005, 08:56 PM
no team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sweet
Sidenote: I found it rather amusing to look up NASA's first homepage update...

Just out of curiosity, why are you looking up information from so many year's ago? Trying to figure out what this game will be based on past precident???
From the 7 yrs give or take that I have been in some part of FIRST, there has been some small part of a past year game. One thing I always say is that you can't look forward until you look back. It helps the kids that have never seen anything about FIRST see what works and what doesn't. I have found that it is a great thing for our strategy and design group to see also.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-23-2005, 10:39 AM
Unsung FIRST Hero
people expediter on Team Kluge
AKA: Jenny Beatty, no relation
no team (they are all my teams)
Team Role: Mentor

RoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond repute

Anne Bergeron and Steve Shade put together a FIRST History powerpoint for the Enrichment Sessions we had for the teams here in MD/DC (and we played FIRST Jeopardy.) They talked about what worked and what didn't each year, and new things introduced. They can be reached thru 3Drobotics@gmail.com
This is How I Work: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/papers/2862
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-23-2005, 11:04 AM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboMom
Anne Bergeron and Steve Shade put together a FIRST History powerpoint for the Enrichment Sessions we had for the teams here in MD/DC (and we played FIRST Jeopardy.) They talked about what worked and what didn't each year, and new things introduced. They can be reached thru 3Drobotics@gmail.com
Direct links are better, even thought it may not be the same presentation.

FIRST History - Andy Baker, Steve Shade, & Andy Grady
Powerpoint Format

Right click>Save Target As.. - Much faster than waiting for a powerpoint presentation to open in a web browser.

Courtesy of the 2004 Championship presentations series.

#15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-24-2005, 11:47 AM
no team

Everything that everyone has given me so far has been great!! I'm still hunting for info on just 1994 and 1995... but I have faith that I will find it soon... thanks again for the help!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: