OCCRA
Go to Post Off-season events aren't just for gameplay, they should also be a training session for new students and rookie teams. - Bill Moore [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-01-2001, 11:31 AM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock
Smile Media Coverage

So I was reading our local paper yesterday (5-31) and what do I see on the front page? A few of our team members on the memorial day parade float. Finnally some front page coverage. Sure it is just a small news paper but we are SlOwLy TAKING OVER ALL MEDIA WORLD WIDE HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! (sorry about that I guess I got a little excited!)

That brings me to another question, how many of the teams out there go to community events like parades or festivals? It is a great way to raise awareness for anything not just Robotics.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-01-2001, 01:33 PM
#0497 (Orange Crush)

Andrew Dahl is an unknown quantity at this point
out here in Orange County, Virginia
I persuaded our school pricipal and superintendent to host a robotics night after graduation-

the whole town is invited and we are using it to garner support for the team and FLL hopefully with increased sponser and education we wont get asked why are we doing "battleBots" insttead of somthing educational

we have three newspapers and the local cable ooutlets covering it so it should be a humdinger

dahl
team 497
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-01-2001, 02:06 PM
We Build Robots......and Careers
AKA: Warthog
FRC #1501 (Team T.H.R.U.S.T.)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2000
Wayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

Here in Huntington, Indiana they will be having there annual Heritage Days event. Team 535 (G-Force) will have a float in the parade and will have a booth set up so people can see our robot and learn more about F.I.R.S.T. and what the high school did this year.
A thing about the media. Can you beleive that ESPN covered the annual Spelling Bee and had it on TV? I cannot think of anything more boring than watching a spelling bee. Except maybe Battlebots or Robotica
2014 STL Regional, #1 seed, Winners with FRC Team 3284 and FRC Team 4500, Also won the Quality Award
2014 GPR #31 seed, Finalist with FRC Team 2641 and FRC Team 4150. Thanks. Also won Quality Award.
2012 BMR #7th seed, Winners Thanks to FRC Team 1756 and FRC Team 4028, UL Safety Award and GM Industrial Design Award

#4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-01-2001, 04:13 PM
cd addicted ninny
#0419 (rambots)

mike o'leary is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to mike o'leary Send a message via AIM to mike o'leary Send a message via Yahoo to mike o'leary
yeah i heard about that espn thing...i thought it was especially wierd since espn was supposed to be all about sports and stuff
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-01-2001, 05:44 PM
Forward.
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
Jessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Media Coverage

Quote:
Originally posted by Elgin Clock
So I was reading our local paper yesterday (5-31) and what do I see on the front page? A few of our team members on the memorial day parade float. Finnally some front page coverage. Sure it is just a small news paper but we are SlOwLy TAKING OVER ALL MEDIA WORLD WIDE HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! (sorry about that I guess I got a little excited!)

That brings me to another question, how many of the teams out there go to community events like parades or festivals? It is a great way to raise awareness for anything not just Robotics.
Lol, Elgin, it was just Frank with some flags sticking out of every available space he had on him.....I'll try to find the pic to post.

But I have to agree, I love when any team gets media coverage...my personal fav:

There was this "town family day" at the local park...the local paper covered it...and the article went on to talk to this town official and that town official, and this sport & that sport that was played there, and then at the end they interviewed this 5 year old on his favorite part: "I liked the robot"

Advisor, NE FIRST
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-01-2001, 06:15 PM
do you..
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
Joel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
and then at the end they interviewed this 5 year old on his favorite part: "I liked the robot"
Thats what I call a "golden promo"...

Division By Zero (229) Alumni, 2003-2007
RAGE (173) Alumni, 1999-2003

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: