OCCRA
Go to Post And just remember, it's an engineer's world. Without us, everyone is powerless, literally. - JoeXIII'007 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Builder of a Sweet Drive Train
AKA: Katie
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2005
|20807 61|2|_ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to |20807 61|2|_ Send a message via Yahoo to |20807 61|2|_
Question camera help!

i dont really understand how the cameras on the robots work... i know that they follow the green LED light but how is that helpful? and how can you prevent it hooking onto the other team's LED light? sorry im a rookie and have never seen one of them before. they seem interesting tho. could anyone explain to me in more detail about it?

~*Kate*~
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2006, 04:16 PM
FRC #0108

Daniel Taveras is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: camera help!

As far as I can tell, the camera doesn't turn a full 360 degrees, so you can make sure that the camera always faces the direction of your targets.

Maybe they aren't 360 degrees, if not then I assume you'd have to program your 'bot to stay in the direction of the currently lit ones or have the driver set it up manually.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Builder of a Sweet Drive Train
AKA: Katie
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2005
|20807 61|2|_ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to |20807 61|2|_ Send a message via Yahoo to |20807 61|2|_

i know that but in the beggining and during the final round both lights are on couldnt that cause a problem cause your robot could go for the wrong goal

~*Kate*~
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2006, 04:30 PM
FRC #0108

Daniel Taveras is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, that'd mostly be all up to positioning. In autonomous mode, if you plan on shooting, you should position the robot appropriately. And during the final round, I can only recommend that the driver positions the robot so that the camera can't see your LED light and only theirs.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2006, 05:19 PM
Will Code For Food (Food Optional)
AKA: Deepak Mishra
None #0217 (The ThunderChickens)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2004
dm0ney will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to dm0ney

The camera will see anything in its field of view. However, you can control the FOV easily by keeping the camera pointed at the right green target.

For the more ambitious, you could probably whip up a Cartesian System that monitors position on the field.

The easiest way (IMHO) is to use the drive team during human mode. There are humans who get to control the robot, rely on your driver to line up and if you are using the camera, then activate it with a switch on the OI. Let the camera then line up your shooting mechanism.

For autonomous mode, I'd line it up accordingly, In most cases, your robot will not turn 180 degrees on a whim and shoot into your goal. If somehow you have mounted the camera so it can see both goals from sweeping around, add some code that only goes to green that is less than a certain pixel area, ensuring it goes to the one farther away and not closer.

Alumni
Team #217, The ThunderChickens

Student, Class of 2009
California Institute of Technology

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-08-2006, 02:44 PM
The Arizona Mentor
AKA: Andrew
FRC #2662 (RoboKrew)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2004
Donut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond repute

The camera, because it is controlled by servos, has a limited range, something between 180 and 270 degrees (this is assuming you don't modify it to allow it full rotation). If you have your robot facing such a way the camera cannot rotate towards the other light, you should have no problem. I hope we will be equipping a switch to deactivate the camera just in case something like this does happen, that way we can reposition. As for autonomous mode, limit the camera range more if necessary, and pray you don't get turned around by another robot.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: