OCCRA
Go to Post Hi. My name is Rick and I am a Roboholic. - Rick TYler [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > FIRST Tech Challenge
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-19-2006, 08:00 PM
no team

jeffmorris is on a distinguished road
Wheels for VEX Robotics Kit?

While I can buy the VEX Wheel Kit, are there other wheels that can be used with the Vex Robotics Kit? I would like 5-inch wheels with rubber tires that look like car wheels and tires.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-19-2006, 08:04 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to EricH
Re: Wheels for VEX Robotics Kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmorris
While I can buy the VEX Wheel Kit, are there other wheels that can be used with the Vex Robotics Kit? I would like 5-inch wheels with rubber tires that look like car wheels and tires.
RadioShack should have it, or be able to tell you the places on the Web you can get it.
2012: FRC4046 Schroedinger's Dragons

Read the rules and make a picklist before thinking about winning a competition.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-20-2006, 04:39 AM
Never too much duct-tape ;)
AKA: Patrick
FTC #0001 (Team Unlimited)

Rookie Year: 2001
gdo is a splendid one to beholdgdo is a splendid one to beholdgdo is a splendid one to beholdgdo is a splendid one to beholdgdo is a splendid one to beholdgdo is a splendid one to beholdgdo is a splendid one to beholdgdo is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to gdo Send a message via MSN to gdo

Radio shack sells a Wheel kit which has the 2", the 4", and the 5" wheels. They also sell omni wheels which can allow you to move in any direction with the proper calculations.
Those two links on vex-labs which is a great place to buy vex parts online. Radio shack also sells those kits at their stores.

FTC #1: http://unlimited.syraweb.org

Got any question for me; AIM, MSN or PM me
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-20-2006, 04:55 AM
no team

jeffmorris is on a distinguished road

I meant the wheels NOT sold by VEX Labs or Radio Shack that can be used on the VEX robots. For example, wheels and casters from a hardware store.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-20-2006, 06:51 AM
VEX Robotics Engineer
AKA: Arthur Dutra IV; NERD #18
FRC #0148 (Robowranglers)

Rookie Year: 2002
artdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond reputeartdutra04 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmorris
I meant the wheels NOT sold by VEX Labs or Radio Shack that can be used on the VEX robots. For example, wheels and casters from a hardware store.
Yes, you can do that. All you would need to do is bolt a plate to the back of the wheel, and put screws through this and into the plastic hub of the wheel. (This is because most RC Car wheels don't have the same 1/8" Square Shaft hole in them that the Vex kits do.) Our team did this last year on a EDUbot we built.

世上无难事,只怕有心人.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: