OCCRA
Go to Post "For once, the cake is NOT a lie." The cake claims liar's paradox. :p - JesseK [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-28-2006, 10:13 AM
AKA: Caroline Murdoch
FRC #1208 (Metool Brigade)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2004
cmurdoch is on a distinguished road
Problems Combining Camera Code and Driving Code

I have both the camera code and the driving code working independently , but I've been having some trouble combining them. I've added both user_SerialDrv.c and user_SerialDrv.h to the camera code and uncommented the IFI code in user_routines.c as well as in user_routines_fast.c. I've also tried to change the pwm output assignments of either our two drive motors or the camera servos. When I left the servos on pwm01 and pwm02 and changed the pwms for the motors the camera worked and the driving didn't. When I switched them the driving worked and the camera didn't, in fact, the camera just sat there and twitched. Then, I assigned the servos to pwm01 and pwm02 and the motors to pwm05 and pwm06. The camera froze in home position and the driving worked for about 30 seconds before halting and displaying a code error. If anyone has any idea how I can fix this I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-28-2006, 11:33 AM
La Caņada High School
FRC #2429
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
Kevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problems Combining Camera Code and Driving Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurdoch
I have both the camera code and the driving code working independently , but I've been having some trouble combining them. I've added both user_SerialDrv.c and user_SerialDrv.h to the camera code and uncommented the IFI code in user_routines.c as well as in user_routines_fast.c. I've also tried to change the pwm output assignments of either our two drive motors or the camera servos. When I left the servos on pwm01 and pwm02 and changed the pwms for the motors the camera worked and the driving didn't. When I switched them the driving worked and the camera didn't, in fact, the camera just sat there and twitched. Then, I assigned the servos to pwm01 and pwm02 and the motors to pwm05 and pwm06. The camera froze in home position and the driving worked for about 30 seconds before halting and displaying a code error. If anyone has any idea how I can fix this I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
user_SerialDrv.c/.h will conflict with the serial port driver included with the camera code (this is documented in serial_ports_readme.txt). At the very least, you'll need to remove user_SerialDrv.c/.h.

-Kevin
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-29-2006, 01:41 PM
iusorr
FRC #1293 (D5Robotics)
Team Role: Coach

Steve Orr is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Steve Orr Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Orr Send a message via Skype™ to Steve Orr

I'm kind of in the same boat, and will be working on combining them this week. If I discover the secrets, I'll post...
I'll be eager to see if you find anything out as well!
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-29-2006, 05:49 PM
FRC #0095 (Grasshoppers)

Rookie Year: 2002
kaszeta is a glorious beacon of lightkaszeta is a glorious beacon of lightkaszeta is a glorious beacon of lightkaszeta is a glorious beacon of lightkaszeta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurdoch
I see two likely problems with what you are doing:

(1) As Kevin says, the camera's serial code needs serial.c and serial.h from his code, and not the user_SerialDrv.c/h. You need to remove those from the project.

(2) Similarly, Kevin's serial code requires the interrupt routines in user_routines_fast.c to be correct (if you don't have this correct, you'll get the red light of death). If you aren't using other special interrupt code (encoders or the gyro), just copy user_routines_fast.c from Kevin's camera code and try that. Otherwise, you'll have to make sure all the appropriate interrupt handlers are in place for all the codes you are using. This can be done, our bot's testbed code now has the camera, gyro, shaft encoders, and two additional ADC channels running at the same time, but it's tricky and requires careful reading of the adc_readme.txt, encoder_readme.txt, camera_readme.txt, etc. (And we didn't get it right the first time, as you can see if you look the other places I've posted).
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-29-2006, 05:57 PM
La Caņada High School
FRC #2429

Kevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Watson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaszeta
This can be done, our bot's testbed code now has the camera, gyro, shaft encoders, and two additional ADC channels running at the same time, but it's tricky and requires careful reading of the adc_readme.txt, encoder_readme.txt, camera_readme.txt, etc. (And we didn't get it right the first time, as you can see if you look the other places I've posted).
Was there any problems with the documentation that caused it to not work the first time? If so, what was it?

-Kevin
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-29-2006, 06:10 PM
FRC #0095 (Grasshoppers)

kaszeta is a glorious beacon of lightkaszeta is a glorious beacon of lightkaszeta is a glorious beacon of lightkaszeta is a glorious beacon of lightkaszeta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Watson
Was there any problems with the documentation that caused it to not work the first time? If so, what was it?
As far as I can tell, the documentation is fine and the problems were on our end (not saving .tmp_data one time, and neglecting to insert the timer2 interrupt another time, both of which were clearly noted in the readme files), so if one makes sure they follow the instructions carefully it should work.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2006, 07:35 PM
AKA: Caroline Murdoch
FRC #1208 (Metool Brigade)
Team Role: Programmer

cmurdoch is on a distinguished road

Thanks

The problem was definately with SerialDrv.c/.h I didn't have problems with user_routines_fast.c because I started with the camera code and adapted that for driving. Thanks for all your help. It works wonderfully now and the next challenge is getting the camera to track using the motor on our rotating turret. Thanks again and thanks for all the great code Kevin. You rock.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-04-2006, 12:02 PM
FRC #1594

1594code is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for sharing all this information-- it's been helpful.

We have followed the serial_ports_readme instructions, we're using Kevin's camera code user_routines_fast.c interrupt handlers, and we tried to remove user_serial_drv.c.

We had a problem with this last action-- the function breaker_tripped was called in user_routines.c, and it is declared in User_serial_drv.c, so we can't compile

Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do?
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-04-2006, 12:06 PM
La Caņada High School
FRC #2429

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1594code
Thanks for sharing all this information-- it's been helpful.

We have followed the serial_ports_readme instructions, we're using Kevin's camera code user_routines_fast.c interrupt handlers, and we tried to remove user_serial_drv.c.

We had a problem with this last action-- the function breaker_tripped was called in user_routines.c, and it is declared in User_serial_drv.c, so we can't compile

Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do?
If you aren't using the breaker panel, you can safely delete the function and user_serial_drv.c/.h from your project.

-Kevin
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-04-2006, 01:35 PM
FRC #1594

1594code is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Watson
If you aren't using the breaker panel, you can safely delete the function and user_serial_drv.c/.h from your project.

-Kevin

Thank you for your reply! We have yet another question... We are using four circuit breakers: the maxi style circuit breaker panel, the 120 Hi-Amp circuit breaker, and two other circuit breaker panels that came with the KOP.

Is the circuit breaker you meant among those four?
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-04-2006, 01:56 PM
La Caņada High School
FRC #2429

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1594code
Thank you for your reply! We have yet another question... We are using four circuit breakers: the maxi style circuit breaker panel, the 120 Hi-Amp circuit breaker, and two other circuit breaker panels that came with the KOP.

Is the circuit breaker you meant among those four?
No, "breaker panel" refers to the circuit breaker panel distributed last year to teams. It sends out serial data to inform the robot controller that a breaker has tripped.

-Kevin
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-04-2006, 04:31 PM
AKA: Jon Mittelman
FRC #2648 (Infinite Loop)

Rookie Year: 2000
Jon236 has a reputation beyond reputeJon236 has a reputation beyond reputeJon236 has a reputation beyond reputeJon236 has a reputation beyond reputeJon236 has a reputation beyond reputeJon236 has a reputation beyond reputeJon236 has a reputation beyond reputeJon236 has a reputation beyond reputeJon236 has a reputation beyond reputeJon236 has a reputation beyond reputeJon236 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Jon236

Quote:
As far as I can tell, the documentation is fine and the problems were on our end (not saving .tmp_data one time, and neglecting to insert the timer2 interrupt another time, both of which were clearly noted in the readme files), so if one makes sure they follow the instructions carefully it should work.

When combining the camera and interrupt code, how many timer interrupts are required? Any other details? So far I'm still getting the RLOD!!!!

Jon Mittelman
Team236
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-04-2006, 04:51 PM
FRC #0095 (Grasshoppers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon236
When combining the camera and interrupt code, how many timer interrupts are required? Any other details? So far I'm still getting the RLOD!!!!
You should need an interrupt handler for tx1, rx1, tx2, and rx2, unless you are also using encoders, the adc code, or the gyro (which uses the adc code).

We do use all of those, and it's working fine. Here's our InterruptHandlerLow:

Code:
#pragma code

#pragma interruptlow InterruptHandlerLow save=PROD,section(".tmpdata")

void InterruptHandlerLow(void)     

{                               

unsigned char Port_B;

unsigned char Port_B_Delta;

if(PIR1bits.RC1IF && PIE1bits.RC1IE) // rx1 interrupt?

{

#ifdef ENABLE_SERIAL_PORT_ONE_RX

Rx_1_Int_Handler(); // call the rx1 interrupt handler (in serial_ports.c)

#endif

}                              

else if(PIR3bits.RC2IF && PIE3bits.RC2IE) // rx2 interrupt?

{

#ifdef ENABLE_SERIAL_PORT_TWO_RX

Rx_2_Int_Handler(); // call the rx2 interrupt handler (in serial_ports.c)

#endif

} 

else if(PIR1bits.TMR2IF && PIE1bits.TMR2IE) // timer 2 interrupt?

{

PIR1bits.TMR2IF = 0; // clear the timer 2 interrupt flag [92]

Timer_2_Int_Handler(); // call the timer 2 interrupt handler (in adc.c)

}                     

else if(PIR1bits.ADIF && PIE1bits.ADIE) // ADC interrupt

{

PIR1bits.ADIF = 0; // clear the ADC interrupt flag

ADC_Int_Handler(); // call the ADC interrupt handler (in adc.c)

}

else if (INTCON3bits.INT2IF && INTCON3bits.INT2IE) // encoder 1 interrupt?

{ 

INTCON3bits.INT2IF = 0; // clear the interrupt flag

#ifdef ENABLE_ENCODER_1

Encoder_1_Int_Handler(); // call the left encoder interrupt handler (in encoder.c)

#endif

}

else if (INTCON3bits.INT3IF && INTCON3bits.INT3IE) // encoder 2 interrupt?

{

INTCON3bits.INT3IF = 0; // clear the interrupt flag

#ifdef ENABLE_ENCODER_2

Encoder_2_Int_Handler(); // call right encoder interrupt handler (in encoder.c)

#endif

}

else if (INTCONbits.RBIF && INTCONbits.RBIE) // encoder 3-6 interrupt?

{

Port_B = PORTB; // remove the "mismatch condition" by reading port b            

INTCONbits.RBIF = 0; // clear the interrupt flag

Port_B_Delta = Port_B ^ Old_Port_B; // determine which bits have changed

Old_Port_B = Port_B; // save a copy of port b for next time around

if(Port_B_Delta & 0x10) // did external interrupt 3 change state?

{

#ifdef ENABLE_ENCODER_3

Encoder_3_Int_Handler(Port_B & 0x10 ? 1 : 0); // call the encoder 3 interrupt handler (in encoder.c)

#endif

}

if(Port_B_Delta & 0x20) // did external interrupt 4 change state?

{

#ifdef ENABLE_ENCODER_4

Encoder_4_Int_Handler(Port_B & 0x20 ? 1 : 0); // call the encoder 4 interrupt handler (in encoder.c)

#endif

}

if(Port_B_Delta & 0x40) // did external interrupt 5 change state?

{

#ifdef ENABLE_ENCODER_5

Encoder_5_Int_Handler(Port_B & 0x40 ? 1 : 0); // call the encoder 5 interrupt handler (in encoder.c)

#endif

}

if(Port_B_Delta & 0x80) // did external interrupt 6 change state?

{

#ifdef ENABLE_ENCODER_6

Encoder_6_Int_Handler(Port_B & 0x80 ? 1 : 0); // call the encoder 6 interrupt handler (in encoder.c)

#endif

}

}

else if(PIR1bits.TX1IF && PIE1bits.TX1IE) // tx1 interrupt?

{

#ifdef ENABLE_SERIAL_PORT_ONE_TX

Tx_1_Int_Handler(); // call the tx1 interrupt handler (in serial_ports.c)

#endif

}                              

else if(PIR3bits.TX2IF && PIE3bits.TX2IE) // tx2 interrupt?

{

#ifdef ENABLE_SERIAL_PORT_TWO_TX

Tx_2_Int_Handler(); // call the tx2 interrupt handler (in serial_ports.c)

#endif

}

}
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-05-2006, 08:51 AM
AKA: Jon Mittelman
FRC #2648 (Infinite Loop)

Rookie Year: 2000
Jon236 has a reputation beyond reputeJon236 has a reputation beyond reputeJon236 has a reputation beyond reputeJon236 has a reputation beyond reputeJon236 has a reputation beyond reputeJon236 has a reputation beyond reputeJon236 has a reputation beyond reputeJon236 has a reputation beyond reputeJon236 has a reputation beyond reputeJon236 has a reputation beyond reputeJon236 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Jon236

Quote:
You should need an interrupt handler for tx1, rx1, tx2, and rx2, unless you are also using encoders, the adc code, or the gyro (which uses the adc code).

We do use all of those, and it's working fine. Here's our InterruptHandlerLow:

Code:
#pragma code

#pragma interruptlow InterruptHandlerLow save=PROD,section(".tmpdata")

void InterruptHandlerLow(void)     

{                               

unsigned char Port_B;

unsigned char Port_B_Delta;

if(PIR1bits.RC1IF && PIE1bits.RC1IE) // rx1 interrupt?

{

#ifdef ENABLE_SERIAL_PORT_ONE_RX

Rx_1_Int_Handler(); // call the rx1 interrupt handler (in serial_ports.c)

#endif

}                              

else if(PIR3bits.RC2IF && PIE3bits.RC2IE) // rx2 interrupt?

{

#ifdef ENABLE_SERIAL_PORT_TWO_RX

Rx_2_Int_Handler(); // call the rx2 interrupt handler (in serial_ports.c)

#endif

} 

else if(PIR1bits.TMR2IF && PIE1bits.TMR2IE) // timer 2 interrupt?

{

PIR1bits.TMR2IF = 0; // clear the timer 2 interrupt flag [92]

Timer_2_Int_Handler(); // call the timer 2 interrupt handler (in adc.c)

}                     

else if(PIR1bits.ADIF && PIE1bits.ADIE) // ADC interrupt

{

PIR1bits.ADIF = 0; // clear the ADC interrupt flag

ADC_Int_Handler(); // call the ADC interrupt handler (in adc.c)

}

else if (INTCON3bits.INT2IF && INTCON3bits.INT2IE) // encoder 1 interrupt?

{ 

INTCON3bits.INT2IF = 0; // clear the interrupt flag

#ifdef ENABLE_ENCODER_1

Encoder_1_Int_Handler(); // call the left encoder interrupt handler (in encoder.c)

#endif

}

else if (INTCON3bits.INT3IF && INTCON3bits.INT3IE) // encoder 2 interrupt?

{

INTCON3bits.INT3IF = 0; // clear the interrupt flag

#ifdef ENABLE_ENCODER_2

Encoder_2_Int_Handler(); // call right encoder interrupt handler (in encoder.c)

#endif

}

else if (INTCONbits.RBIF && INTCONbits.RBIE) // encoder 3-6 interrupt?

{

Port_B = PORTB; // remove the "mismatch condition" by reading port b            

INTCONbits.RBIF = 0; // clear the interrupt flag

Port_B_Delta = Port_B ^ Old_Port_B; // determine which bits have changed

Old_Port_B = Port_B; // save a copy of port b for next time around

if(Port_B_Delta & 0x10) // did external interrupt 3 change state?

{

#ifdef ENABLE_ENCODER_3

Encoder_3_Int_Handler(Port_B & 0x10 ? 1 : 0); // call the encoder 3 interrupt handler (in encoder.c)

#endif

}

if(Port_B_Delta & 0x20) // did external interrupt 4 change state?

{

#ifdef ENABLE_ENCODER_4

Encoder_4_Int_Handler(Port_B & 0x20 ? 1 : 0); // call the encoder 4 interrupt handler (in encoder.c)

#endif

}

if(Port_B_Delta & 0x40) // did external interrupt 5 change state?

{

#ifdef ENABLE_ENCODER_5

Encoder_5_Int_Handler(Port_B & 0x40 ? 1 : 0); // call the encoder 5 interrupt handler (in encoder.c)

#endif

}

if(Port_B_Delta & 0x80) // did external interrupt 6 change state?

{

#ifdef ENABLE_ENCODER_6

Encoder_6_Int_Handler(Port_B & 0x80 ? 1 : 0); // call the encoder 6 interrupt handler (in encoder.c)

#endif

}

}

else if(PIR1bits.TX1IF && PIE1bits.TX1IE) // tx1 interrupt?

{

#ifdef ENABLE_SERIAL_PORT_ONE_TX

Tx_1_Int_Handler(); // call the tx1 interrupt handler (in serial_ports.c)

#endif

}                              

else if(PIR3bits.TX2IF && PIE3bits.TX2IE) // tx2 interrupt?

{

#ifdef ENABLE_SERIAL_PORT_TWO_TX

Tx_2_Int_Handler(); // call the tx2 interrupt handler (in serial_ports.c)

#endif

}

}
I've made all of those changes and still get the RLOD. We use the interrupts, timers, rx1&2 tx1&2.

Any other thoughts?

Jon
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-05-2006, 09:59 AM
FRC #0095 (Grasshoppers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon236
I've made all of those changes and still get the RLOD. We use the interrupts, timers, rx1&2 tx1&2.

Any other thoughts?

Jon
Any more of your code you can share with us (the rest of user_routines_fast.c, for example)?
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: