Go to Post * FIOTWOD -pronounced "FI ot wood", the first two syllables rhyme with "riot" -stands for: FIRST-is-the-only-topic-worthy-of-discussion - Joe Johnson [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > Robot Showcase
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Team1595
AKA: Josh Lambeth
FRC #1595 (The Dragons)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2005
sgsdragons will become famous soon enoughsgsdragons will become famous soon enough
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!! WE WILL CONQUER THE WORLD WITH THESE!!!!!! (Part 2) THE MOVIE

OK,
Here you all go, you have wanted a vidoe of our robot driveing with the omni-drive system, so now you have it. I must admit that this video is REALLY REALLY WELL DONE!!!! Of course I would say that since I made it. LOL

So here you all go, let me know how you like it.

The Omni-Wheel Drive System (3:20) 15mg

Josh
Team Driver/Designer

2006 Season...
-------------------------------------------------
Reginal Event: Las Vegas!!!
Nationals: Atlanta!!!
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2006, 06:56 PM
FRC #1079 (C.R.E.A.T.E.)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!! WE WILL CONQUER THE WORLD WITH THESE!!!!!! (Part 2) THE MOVIE

Love the video!!!
The wheels design is awesome, are they difficult to drive with?
Couldn't help but notice that both ends of the bot are open. Will you be collecting balls from both sides?
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Team1595
FRC #1595 (The Dragons)

sgsdragons will become famous soon enoughsgsdragons will become famous soon enough
Re: IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!! WE WILL CONQUER THE WORLD WITH THESE!!!!!! (Part 2) THE MOVIE

It's actually really easy to drive. It is alot of fun to drive to. since it can go in any direction I want. And thanks for the comment on the movie.

Josh
Team Driver/Designer

2006 Season...
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Volkswagen Enthusiast
AKA: Bill Hancock
FRC #0573 (MechWarriors)
Team Role: Mechanical

Bill_Hancoc has much to be proud ofBill_Hancoc has much to be proud ofBill_Hancoc has much to be proud ofBill_Hancoc has much to be proud ofBill_Hancoc has much to be proud ofBill_Hancoc has much to be proud ofBill_Hancoc has much to be proud ofBill_Hancoc has much to be proud ofBill_Hancoc has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Bill_Hancoc

once again i will note on pages that dont load in firefox.

i suggest the IE view exxtension for firefox
it works really well

Great vid very crazy wheel design very cool

2 words:

freakin sweet

MechWarriors 573

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2006, 07:25 PM
A VEX GUy WIth A STicky SHift KEy
VRC #0010 (Exothermic Robotics)

Rick TYler has a reputation beyond reputeRick TYler has a reputation beyond reputeRick TYler has a reputation beyond reputeRick TYler has a reputation beyond reputeRick TYler has a reputation beyond reputeRick TYler has a reputation beyond reputeRick TYler has a reputation beyond reputeRick TYler has a reputation beyond reputeRick TYler has a reputation beyond reputeRick TYler has a reputation beyond reputeRick TYler has a reputation beyond repute

Cool video. Way cool drivetrain. Congratulations.

VRC 10A, 10B, 10D, 10Q, 10V, 10X, 10Z, and 575
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2006, 07:52 PM
AKA: Sean
FRC #1257 (Parallel Universe)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2004
spamified88 will become famous soon enoughspamified88 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to spamified88

We've done holonimic drive before. It is very complicated to design and program, but the rewards are sweet when it works.

PARALLEL
UNIVERSE
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Proto-Engineer
AKA: Bjorn Westergard
FRC #1418 (Vae Victus)
Team Role: College Student

phrontist has a reputation beyond reputephrontist has a reputation beyond reputephrontist has a reputation beyond reputephrontist has a reputation beyond reputephrontist has a reputation beyond reputephrontist has a reputation beyond reputephrontist has a reputation beyond reputephrontist has a reputation beyond reputephrontist has a reputation beyond reputephrontist has a reputation beyond reputephrontist has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to phrontist

How fast does it go? The top speed in the video seems rather sluggish...

Kudos overall though. What are you controlling it with?

University of Kentucky - Radio Free Lexington

"I would rather have a really big success or a really spectacular crash and failure then live out the warm eventual death of mediocrity" - Dean Kamen
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Team1595
FRC #1595 (The Dragons)

It is actually really fast. In the video, I'm driving it a little slower then how fast it really goes. I was driving slow becuase I wasn't really comfertable driving fast in that area when we filmed that. Now that I'm used to it, I can drive really fast!!!

As for what I'm driving with, I have it set up as a HALO controlles.
It's a two joystick drive. The left one makes it go forward, backwards, strafe left and strafe right. The second joystick makes it rotate left and right. It works really well. It is really fun to drive.

Josh
Team Driver/Designer

2006 Season...
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Proto-Engineer
AKA: Bjorn Westergard
FRC #1418 (Vae Victus)
Team Role: College Student

phrontist has a reputation beyond reputephrontist has a reputation beyond reputephrontist has a reputation beyond reputephrontist has a reputation beyond reputephrontist has a reputation beyond reputephrontist has a reputation beyond reputephrontist has a reputation beyond reputephrontist has a reputation beyond reputephrontist has a reputation beyond reputephrontist has a reputation beyond reputephrontist has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to phrontist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgsdragons
It is actually really fast. In the video, I'm driving it a little slower then how fast it really goes. I was driving slow becuase I wasn't really comfertable driving fast in that area when we filmed that. Now that I'm used to it, I can drive really fast!!!

It's a two joystick drive. The left one makes it go forward, backwards, strafe left and strafe right. The second joystick makes it rotate left and right. It works really well. It is really fun to drive.

Josh
Team Driver/Designer
Awesome, just awesome. Glad to see some teams are still letting students design and implement innovative ideas. Maybe you could even use the PS2 controller mod with it...

University of Kentucky - Radio Free Lexington

"I would rather have a really big success or a really spectacular crash and failure then live out the warm eventual death of mediocrity" - Dean Kamen
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2006, 08:40 PM
I live for the details.
FRC #3620 (Average Joes)

Rookie Year: 1996
Richard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice job on fabrication and control.

I think this type of wheel is usually called a mecanum , rather than an omniwheel.
Mentor since 2002 for FRC 931 Perpetual Chaos (St. Louis, Missouri)
since 2003

I believe in intuition and inspiration. Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution. It is, strictly speaking, a real factor in scientific research.
(Cosmic Religion : With Other Opinions and Aphorisms (1931) by Albert Einstein, p. 97
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Custom User Title
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)

Rookie Year: 2003
Tom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tom Bottiglieri

Quote:
OK,
I must admit that this video is REALLY REALLY WELL DONE!!!! Of course I would say that since I made it. LOL
Then who's Stephen Shuler?
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2006, 09:50 PM
Win Anyway.
AKA: @WmLeverette, @GarnetSq, @SCRIW...
FRC #4901 (Garnet Squadron)

Billfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond repute

The video looks great. The robot looks even better.

(Forget the Great Traction Wheel Debate of 2006--I'm already calling the Great Mecanum Wheel Debate of 2008.)
Billfred's World Tour: USC Kickoff Palmetto CMP Robot Rodeo Manchester Kickoff Florida Palmetto CMP Capital Clash USC Kickoff FVC Orangeburg Florida Peachtree Palmetto CMP Mission Mayhem Exploding Bacon Vex Event Duel on the Delaware CalGames USC Kickoff Florida Chesapeake Palmetto CMP BattleCry Mission Mayhem Brunswick Eruption 6 Clemson Kickoff Chesapeake Palmetto CMP IRI TNT Greenville Tech Scrimmage Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI GRITS TNT Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto CMP IRI TNT SCRIW Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto Championship IRI SCRIW II Chapin Kickoff Palmetto South Florida IRI SCRIW III Chapin Kickoff SC FTC CMP Palmetto SC FLL CMP Orlando CMP IRI? SCRIW IV (48,749.9 miles)

Rule #1: Do not die. Rule #2: Be respectful. Rule #3: Be safe. Rule #4: Follow the handbook.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2006, 09:56 PM
FRC #0095 (Grasshoppers)

Rookie Year: 2002
kaszeta is a glorious beacon of lightkaszeta is a glorious beacon of lightkaszeta is a glorious beacon of lightkaszeta is a glorious beacon of lightkaszeta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
That's how Team 95's controls are set up as well. We're still tweaking it, but our holonomic drive seems to be working quite well at the moment. Ours is done a lot differently than yours (we're using a 3-DOF arrangment of omni-wheels, not mechanum wheels), I'll try to get a pic for y'all.

Last edited by kaszeta : 02-02-2006 at 09:59 PM. Reason: clarification
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2006, 11:29 PM
FRC #0701 (RoboVikes)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2001
Salik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Salik Syed

wow that is really awesome great job!
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Team1595
FRC #1595 (The Dragons)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bottiglieri
Then who's Stephen Shuler?
What do you mean by that???

Josh
Team Driver/Designer

2006 Season...
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread