OCCRA
Go to Post Robotics is my football! - Nemo [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-09-2006, 06:55 PM
DC Robotics
FRC #2914 (Tiger Pride)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
Wetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Wetzel
pic: 2007 Game Piece Hint

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-09-2006, 06:57 PM
<Yes I managed to flip it
AKA: Shayne Helms
FRC #1132 (RAPTAR Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2002
Sachiel7 is just really niceSachiel7 is just really niceSachiel7 is just really niceSachiel7 is just really niceSachiel7 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sachiel7
Re: pic: 2007 Game Piece Hint

Ok, I know this is going to sound wierd, but that is exactly what I expected this year's game piece to be after the game hint came out.
PVC game pieces....Return of the Tetras!

There's no such thing as being too simple!
Look for Team #1132, RAPTAR Robotics at the VCU Regional this year!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Mentor, Tactician
AKA: Evan "Numbers" Morrison
FRC #1983 (Skunk Works Robotics) and FRC #0971 (Spartan Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2005
Nuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Nuttyman54

WOOHOO! BATONS! quick, everyone start finding EVERY reference to batons EVER MADE and index them so we can find them when the clue comes out next year!

Email | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Twitch
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Tap it.
no team

MattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattK

That actually could be a very interesting object to manipulate… ya know what would really be fun? If you had objects similar to those on the field that were of different colors, you could pick up both colors but your robot would have to autonomously sort the two different colors into two different holdings area's of the robot. Somehow at the end of the match you would be scored on how many objects you had and if you correctly separated them.

my myspace!
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Andy Baker's Avatar Woodie Flowers Award
President, AndyMark, Inc.
FRC #3940 (CyberTooth)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1998
Andy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andy Baker

I hear that Dave has about 116 of these buried behind his garage. Each one contains a 1/2 dozen Krispy Kremes.

This year... do don't want "Dave says That's Pimp" buttons... we want sealed KK capsules, autographed by Dave.

Right?!? Who wants one? If I am lucky enough to get one, it's getting buried in my back yard for safe keeping.

AB
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Gone the way of the dinosaur
AKA: "Big Mike"
no team

Rookie Year: 1999
Mike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mike Schroeder Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Schroeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Baker
I hear that Dave has about 116 of these buried behind his garage. Each one contains a 1/2 dozen Krispy Kremes.

This year... do don't want "Dave says That's Pimp" buttons... we want sealed KK capsules, autographed by Dave.

Right?!? Who wants one? If I am lucky enough to get one, it's getting buried in my back yard for safe keeping.

AB
ditto.....
After i eat the half dozen donuts

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard"-JFK
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Counting Down to Kickoff
FRC #0461 (Westside Boiler Invasion)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2004
Eugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be happy to taste test the donuts to make sure they're not poisoned by some kind of Mars microbe. You know, just as a security precaution. I'll take one (or a few half-dozens) for the team!

Team 461 for life!
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-09-2006, 10:13 PM
falling can be fun
AKA: Heidi Foster
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta)

Rookie Year: 2001
MissInformation has a reputation beyond reputeMissInformation has a reputation beyond reputeMissInformation has a reputation beyond reputeMissInformation has a reputation beyond reputeMissInformation has a reputation beyond reputeMissInformation has a reputation beyond reputeMissInformation has a reputation beyond reputeMissInformation has a reputation beyond reputeMissInformation has a reputation beyond reputeMissInformation has a reputation beyond reputeMissInformation has a reputation beyond repute

Now, he was overheard muttering something about designing a game around that piece. Since he always seems to be muttering, I wouldn't take it seriously... except for that smile... that smile is kind of evil... and he said he would do it if he ever did this...

Heidi

p.s would it really be possible to make those pieces larger and then fill them with a liquid or sand that would swish back and forth as moved and if so, would that change the balance that much?
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-09-2006, 10:22 PM
<Yes I managed to flip it
AKA: Shayne Helms
FRC #1132 (RAPTAR Robotics)

Sachiel7 is just really niceSachiel7 is just really niceSachiel7 is just really niceSachiel7 is just really niceSachiel7 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sachiel7

Wait, something here tells me this has to do with Herndon's bot....
Those PVC "capsules" look about right for rolling a ball, and in that second pic, that extension-looking device sitting next to him looks like it'd fit a pile of those down it to roll balls...
Sounds kinda like our loading and conveyor system:

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=43639

Hmm...just a thought...

There's no such thing as being too simple!
Look for Team #1132, RAPTAR Robotics at the VCU Regional this year!
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-09-2006, 11:26 PM
#include coffee.h
FRC #1745 (P51- Mustangs)

Stuart has a reputation beyond reputeStuart has a reputation beyond reputeStuart has a reputation beyond reputeStuart has a reputation beyond reputeStuart has a reputation beyond reputeStuart has a reputation beyond reputeStuart has a reputation beyond reputeStuart has a reputation beyond reputeStuart has a reputation beyond reputeStuart has a reputation beyond reputeStuart has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Stuart

I think your all wrong its going to involve water bottels, or chairs . . hmm what would they have us do with chairs . . posibly stack them . .and mabey clean up spilled waterbottels. . . I know its a janatoral competition . . well probly have to mop up throwup too. man these guys are good
Proud mentor of Team #1745 the P-51 Mustangs

If at first it doesn't work, use a hammer.
If that doesn't work, use a bigger hammer.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-09-2006, 11:30 PM
Gone to school, back in 2016
FRC #0269 (Cooney Robotics); FLL #1855 (Cooney Tech/St. Jerome)
Team Role: Alumni

dubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, I hope the Wisconsin VEX participants are thinking what I'm thinking...

"Who's Got the Uber Tuber?"

I would be excited
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-10-2006, 06:34 AM
Former Lord of the Vex
AKA: George Marchant
FRC #0087 (Red Devils)

Rookie Year: 2000
GeorgeTheEng has much to be proud ofGeorgeTheEng has much to be proud ofGeorgeTheEng has much to be proud ofGeorgeTheEng has much to be proud ofGeorgeTheEng has much to be proud ofGeorgeTheEng has much to be proud ofGeorgeTheEng has much to be proud ofGeorgeTheEng has much to be proud ofGeorgeTheEng has much to be proud ofGeorgeTheEng has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeTheEng

I know what that really is... Dave is working on either a very powerful sedative for those students that are driving him nuts after almost 5 weeks or a mega dose of valium for some of the advisors

Either way, it looks hard to swallow... (I'm making an assumption its a oral medication... ) Maybe next year we need to make a shrink machine! Or we continue with the shooter idea and next year is something vaguely bullet shaped...
Philadelphia Alliance Regional Corporate Advisory Board Member |
FRC and FTC volunteer at too many places to list (NJ, VA, DE, PA, NY, Championship)|

"Hi my name is George and I'm a FIRST-aholic. I've been a FIRST-aholic since 2000..."
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-10-2006, 07:25 AM
Pink flamingo on the lawn of life
AKA: @taylor1529
FRC #1529 (CyberCards)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2006
Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps the game piece is not the object being held, but rather the person that is holding it.

#14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-10-2006, 07:28 AM
What would Dave do?
AKA: Peter Kieselbach
FRC #3654 (Tech Tigers)

petek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to petek

From looking at that picture, at least we know he's on the level! Well, next to it anyway.

#15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-10-2006, 08:00 AM
John Carter
AKA: John
None #0234 (Cyber Blue)
Team Role: Webmaster

Cyber Punk 234 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Cyber Punk 234 Send a message via MSN to Cyber Punk 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by petek
From looking at that picture, at least we know he's on the level! Well, next to it anyway.
lol
Myspace

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: