OCCRA
Go to Post Don't let the teams here be so much of an intimidation to you, but instead, an inspiration. They all had to start from the beginning, too. - Amanda Morrison [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > Robot Showcase
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2006, 09:24 AM
Mr MOE's Avatar Woodie Flowers Award
MOE 365 Team Coordinator
AKA: John Larock
None #0365 (Miracle Workerz)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2000
Mr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond repute
pic: MOE 365 Robot - TerMOEnator

MOE Celebrates 15 Years in FIRST this season!
2007 CMP Chairmans Award - thanks to all MOEboteers, past and present!

2014 MOE Fun Build Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwRDj...ature=youtu.be
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2006, 09:25 AM
Life's Good
AKA: Kate Leipold
FRC #0340 (Greater Rochester Robotics)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1997
rachakate has much to be proud ofrachakate has much to be proud ofrachakate has much to be proud ofrachakate has much to be proud ofrachakate has much to be proud ofrachakate has much to be proud ofrachakate has much to be proud ofrachakate has much to be proud ofrachakate has much to be proud ofrachakate has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to rachakate Send a message via Yahoo to rachakate
Talking MOE 365 Robot - TerMOEnator

Wow. Really great looking. Harvester with a hopper and an unblockable high shooter. I'm impressed. Well done!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2006, 09:31 AM
AKA: Teh Albie
FRC #0279 (Tech Fusion)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2003
DjAlamose is a splendid one to beholdDjAlamose is a splendid one to beholdDjAlamose is a splendid one to beholdDjAlamose is a splendid one to beholdDjAlamose is a splendid one to beholdDjAlamose is a splendid one to beholdDjAlamose is a splendid one to beholdDjAlamose is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to DjAlamose
Re: pic: MOE 365 Robot - TerMOEnator

I like it! But I have a big concern that your robot will be DQ'd because of its color. I know last year we didn't like your shirts because they messed up our camera, but itís a great color! Green is only the best color out there. Nice hopper by the way, what material is it? Wire mesh?

[Edit]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDC
<R31> No devices or decorations are permitted on the robot that are intended to jam or interfere with the operation of the vision system (i.e. changing robot color to confuse opponentís vision system).
Under this rule your robot would be condsidered illegal. Sorry but i guess your going to have to repaint. If you want further proof see http://forums.usfirst.org/showthread...ighlight=green

2006 GLR Safety Award (2nd year in a row)
2005 National Xerox Creativity Award
2005 National Curie Quarter Finalist w/ 1126 and 180
2005 Buckeye Regional Champs w/ 67 and 274
2005 Buckeye Regional GM Industrial Design Award
2005 Buckeye Regional Safety Award
2005 GLR Quarter Finalist
2005 GLR Xerox Creativity Award
2005 GLR Safety Award
2004 Nationals Curie Division Finalist
2004 GLR Champs
2004 Buckeye Delphi Driving Tomorrow Award
2004 Buckeye Quarter Finalist w/ 1001 and 869
2003 GM Industrial Design Award GLR
2001 National Champs

Last edited by DjAlamose : 02-20-2006 at 10:50 AM.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2006, 09:38 AM
1902 UCF Mentor; 1523 MARS Alumni
FRC #1902 (Exploding Bacon)

Rookie Year: 2005
Tim Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTim Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTim Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTim Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTim Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTim Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTim Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTim Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTim Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTim Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTim Arnold has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tim Arnold Send a message via MSN to Tim Arnold

How did you guys get the text on your bumpers? We were thinking about using screens and spray painting our numbers on the bumpers... yours looks better than that.

Did you use vinyl lettering or something? How well does it stand up to crashes?

Anyway, nice bot. The green worries me and I can easily see DQ issues from the green (especially on the shooter... our camera is locked pointing up so it eliminates a lot of the green problem but if you have green up that high...).
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2006, 10:38 AM
FRC #1523

MarsBOtkid has a spectacular aura aboutMarsBOtkid has a spectacular aura aboutMarsBOtkid has a spectacular aura about

I agree you are going to have trouble with the color of your robot. It says in the rules that you cant have a robot that can mess with other robots cameras, you may want to reconsider your color if you can!
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Reject False Icons
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
Joe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond repute

It's alive! Woah, looks sweet! Can't wait to see it in action.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2006, 11:00 AM
its spelled *ya'll*, not *y'all*
AKA: Roger Riquelme
FRC #3259 (Thoroughbots)
Team Role: Teacher

RogerR has a reputation beyond reputeRogerR has a reputation beyond reputeRogerR has a reputation beyond reputeRogerR has a reputation beyond reputeRogerR has a reputation beyond reputeRogerR has a reputation beyond reputeRogerR has a reputation beyond reputeRogerR has a reputation beyond reputeRogerR has a reputation beyond reputeRogerR has a reputation beyond reputeRogerR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RogerR Send a message via MSN to RogerR

another awesome looking machine from 365; can we get some details?
whats under the hood (drivetrain wise)? can you change the zenith and azimuth of your shooter? how exactly are you getting balls into your hopper? how many can it hold? how quickly can it fire?

P.S. i love the color.

"But to say that the race is a metaphor for life is to miss the point. The race is everything. It obliterates whatever isn't racing. Life is a metaphor for the race." -- Donald Antrim
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2006, 12:18 PM
I ᐸ3 Robots
AKA: Joey Gannon
no team

Rookie Year: 2004
jgannon has a reputation beyond reputejgannon has a reputation beyond reputejgannon has a reputation beyond reputejgannon has a reputation beyond reputejgannon has a reputation beyond reputejgannon has a reputation beyond reputejgannon has a reputation beyond reputejgannon has a reputation beyond reputejgannon has a reputation beyond reputejgannon has a reputation beyond reputejgannon has a reputation beyond repute

Aw man... the Pittsburgh regional just got a whole lot harder. What an amazing machine, MOE... I look forward to seeing it in action. Here's to hoping you don't run into any trouble with R31.
2007 Pittsburgh Website Award
2006 Pittsburgh Regional Champions (thanks to 395 and 1038)
2006 Pittsburgh Rookie Inspiration & Highest Rookie Seed

Team 1388 - Eagle Robotics
2005 Sacramento Engineering Inspiration
2004 Curie Division Champions (thanks to 1038 and 175)
2004 Sacramento Rookie All-Star

_
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2006, 01:10 PM
Too many hats to count
AKA: Erik Thulin
FRC #0492 (Titan Robotics)
Team Role: Leadership

Ethulin has much to be proud ofEthulin has much to be proud ofEthulin has much to be proud ofEthulin has much to be proud ofEthulin has much to be proud ofEthulin has much to be proud ofEthulin has much to be proud ofEthulin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Ethulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjAlamose
I like it! But I have a big concern that your robot will be DQ'd because of its color. I know last year we didn't like your shirts because they messed up our camera, but itís a great color! Green is only the best color out there. Nice hopper by the way, what material is it? Wire mesh?

[Edit]

Under this rule your robot would be condsidered illegal. Sorry but i guess your going to have to repaint. If you want further proof see http://forums.usfirst.org/showthread...ighlight=green
I disagree. The Rules CLEARLY state that you must have INTENT to jam or interfere with the operation of the vision system. Seeing as this has been Moe's color for many years there is no reason te believe they had any such intent.

<R31> No devices or decorations are permitted on the robot that are intended to jam or interfere with the operation of the vision system (i.e. changing robot color to confuse opponentís vision system).
2003 Pacific Northwest Regional Website Award || 2003 Pacific Northwest Regional Finalist || 2003 Pacific Northwest Regional Engineering Inspiration Award || 2004 Pacific Northwest Website Award || 2004 Pacific Northwest Regional Champions (#1 seed) || 2004 Galileo Semi-Finalist || 2005 Pacific Northwest Regional General Motors Industiral Design Award || 2005 Pacific Northwest Regional Champions (#1 seed) || 2005 Galileo Finalist || 2006 Pacific Northwest Regional Chairman's
Stamp Scouting || Titan Robotics
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Mentor - Scouting and Strategy
AKA: Steve
FRC #0836 (RoboBees)

SteveGPage has a reputation beyond reputeSteveGPage has a reputation beyond reputeSteveGPage has a reputation beyond reputeSteveGPage has a reputation beyond reputeSteveGPage has a reputation beyond reputeSteveGPage has a reputation beyond reputeSteveGPage has a reputation beyond reputeSteveGPage has a reputation beyond reputeSteveGPage has a reputation beyond reputeSteveGPage has a reputation beyond reputeSteveGPage has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethulin
I disagree. The Rules CLEARLY state that you must have INTENT to jam or interfere with the operation of the vision system. Seeing as this has been Moe's color for many years there is no reason te believe they had any such intent.

Intent is going to be tough to qualify, since someone could argue that your intent on 'leaving' it that color was to confuse your opponent's and probably your alliance's vision system as well - and I could see that ruling going either way. You may want to have a contingency in case they do rule against you. Good luck this season!

• 2014 Regionals: Raleigh, Pittsburgh, Championships
  • 2014 Pittsburgh Regional EI Award and Regional Winners (Thanks to 3260, 4547)
  • 2014 Galileo Excellence in Engineering Award
  • 2013 Palmetto Regional Chairman's Award
  • 2012 Chesapeake Regional Chairman's Award
  • 2011 Chesapeake Regional Chairman's Award
  • 2010 "Hot Shot" World Championship Winning Alliance (Thanks to 2863, 3864)
www.robobees.org
www.growingSTEMS.org
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Iv2gr8sons
AKA: Be More
FRC #0365 (Miracle Workerz)
Team Role: Team Spirit / Cheering

Bill Moore has a reputation beyond reputeBill Moore has a reputation beyond reputeBill Moore has a reputation beyond reputeBill Moore has a reputation beyond reputeBill Moore has a reputation beyond reputeBill Moore has a reputation beyond reputeBill Moore has a reputation beyond reputeBill Moore has a reputation beyond reputeBill Moore has a reputation beyond reputeBill Moore has a reputation beyond reputeBill Moore has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Bill Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjAlamose

[Edit]

We appreciate everyone's concern that we not get DQ'd during gameplay, but if the color is determined during robot inspection to be a problem, we will never make it to the field. It won't be a referee judgement call.

Last years camera difficulties, if anyone cares to search CD, was determined to be attributed to the differences of lighting in the venues. There are a number of threads concerning this, and there was even a meeting among the programmers in Atlanta to try and get this lighting problem corrected. Without a target that was illuminated, there was significant difficulty in determining the color frequency. The suggestion for an illuminated target, and a positive way to seek a specific color frequency was made in this post:

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showpost.php?p=400811

(Yes GDC does read Delphi.)

It will be easy enough during robot inspection to test paint colors on robots to see if they will or will not interfere, and I expect this to be one of the items on the inspection sheet. We have no desire to interfere with another teams camera; we understand that rule and we will not violate it. Consequently, we have done the camera test ourselves on both the robot and the team shirts, and they are easily distinguished from the cathode light. We expect that the robot inspectors will verify this at the venues.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2006, 04:17 PM
AKA Ian Ferguson
AKA: Ian Ferguson
FRC #0694 (StuyPulse)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2002
Ianworld has much to be proud ofIanworld has much to be proud ofIanworld has much to be proud ofIanworld has much to be proud ofIanworld has much to be proud ofIanworld has much to be proud ofIanworld has much to be proud ofIanworld has much to be proud ofIanworld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Ianworld

Awesome looking robot! I always love the MOE machines for being both competitive yet KISS. I'm sure you'll have another great year.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2006, 05:12 PM
The Arizona Mentor
AKA: Andrew
FRC #0167 (Children of the Corn)
Team Role: Engineer

Donut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond repute

That's a tough looking robot, and the color matches it perfectly. I hope no team is forced to recolor their robot due to camera tracking mistakes. Maybe I'm blind, but how do the balls get to the shooter?

Is it just me or do the bumpers on robots make the bottoms of them look somewhat like mattresses?
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2006, 05:41 PM
GO IRISH
FRC #0177 (Bobcat Robotics)
Team Role: Alumni

Alex Pelan has a brilliant futureAlex Pelan has a brilliant futureAlex Pelan has a brilliant futureAlex Pelan has a brilliant futureAlex Pelan has a brilliant futureAlex Pelan has a brilliant futureAlex Pelan has a brilliant futureAlex Pelan has a brilliant futureAlex Pelan has a brilliant futureAlex Pelan has a brilliant futureAlex Pelan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Alex Pelan Send a message via Yahoo to Alex Pelan

Looks like another solid effort from the guys in green. We look forward to competing with you at Philly.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2006, 08:02 PM
#8 Alliance For Life
AKA: Sean Lavery
FRC #1712 (DAWGMA)

Lil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Lil' Lavery

Another great Moebot!

Anyway, the green WILL NOT violate ANY rules. As green will interfere with both your alliance partner and your alliance members, and is a static color (ie, NOT CHANGING), you should not be penelized. R31 states that "that are intended to jam" and "ie changing colorto confuse opponent's vision system", MoE has never done anything to suggest either of those things.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: