OCCRA
Go to Post Sometimes dumb ideas just work really well :P - Garrett.d.w [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Regional Competitions
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2006, 12:25 AM
Custom User Title
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
Tom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tom Bottiglieri
Re: BAE Granite State Regional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey

Jeez. Where is it? Are there any videos?

--Petey
http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...&postcount=127

I found them here. The server is terribly slow though... I only have the first 30 seconds of 25's round and they already scored more than the best shooter at BAE!

Team 254 | San Jose, CA | Mentor (2010 - Present)
Team 125 | Boston, MA | College Student (2007 - 2011)
Team 195 | Southington, CT | Student (2002 - 2006)
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2006, 12:48 AM
Strategy & Gaming
AKA: Chris Peterson
None #1073 (Team F.O.R.C.E.)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
Petey has a reputation beyond reputePetey has a reputation beyond reputePetey has a reputation beyond reputePetey has a reputation beyond reputePetey has a reputation beyond reputePetey has a reputation beyond reputePetey has a reputation beyond reputePetey has a reputation beyond reputePetey has a reputation beyond reputePetey has a reputation beyond reputePetey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bottiglieri
http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...&postcount=127

I found them here. The server is terribly slow though... I only have the first 30 seconds of 25's round and they already scored more than the best shooter at BAE!

Found another one
, also slow.

Bio:
Team 1073 alumnus, now Admissions Officer at MIT.

Thanks to all those who have helped me through FIRST over the years.
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2006, 12:54 AM
do you..
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
Joel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe there should be a FIRST torrent, or a space on google video for all the videos, so everyone can get to them.

I like the google video idea.

Division By Zero (229) Alumni, 2003-2007
RAGE (173) Alumni, 1999-2003
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2006, 12:58 AM
Strategy & Gaming
AKA: Chris Peterson
None #1073 (Team F.O.R.C.E.)

Rookie Year: 2002
Petey has a reputation beyond reputePetey has a reputation beyond reputePetey has a reputation beyond reputePetey has a reputation beyond reputePetey has a reputation beyond reputePetey has a reputation beyond reputePetey has a reputation beyond reputePetey has a reputation beyond reputePetey has a reputation beyond reputePetey has a reputation beyond reputePetey has a reputation beyond repute

Me too.

Why don't we all upload the videos with the author as "FIRST Robotics 2006", that way we'll all know what to search under. Qualify teams, regionals, and other stuff in the general information box.

--Petey

Bio:
Team 1073 alumnus, now Admissions Officer at MIT.

Thanks to all those who have helped me through FIRST over the years.
  #20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2006, 07:27 AM
Unsung FIRST Hero
I'm done being quiet!
FRC #0131

Rookie Year: 1995
Andy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andy Grady

Quote:
iCurtis, you guys built the robot that we wanted to build but didn't have the cojones to try.
Amen to that. On thursday watching practice rounds, I watched 1276 pop up to the top of the ramp, blast a bunch of balls right in the goal, and pop down, no issue. I immediately thought to myself "well, if we run into them, we'll just hold them on the ramp and they'll give us 5 points at the end of the round". It didn't take long for that strategy idea to be proven wrong...no one could keep them on the ramp, and teams were having a hard time preventing them from getting up it. Great work guys, and congrats to you along with 133 and 1519 on the regional victory. Also congrats to team 190 on Chairmans...it was a long time comming for you all.

-Andy Grady
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Custom User Title
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)
Team Role: Engineer

Tom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tom Bottiglieri

I've posted some videos here.

Yup, Right Here

Right now there is only Semi Finals and Finals, but the QF matches will be up later.

Team 254 | San Jose, CA | Mentor (2010 - Present)
Team 125 | Boston, MA | College Student (2007 - 2011)
Team 195 | Southington, CT | Student (2002 - 2006)
  #22   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2006, 05:53 PM
AKA: Aaron
FRC #1768 (Robo Chiefs)

Rookie Year: 2004
rocknthehawk is a splendid one to beholdrocknthehawk is a splendid one to beholdrocknthehawk is a splendid one to beholdrocknthehawk is a splendid one to beholdrocknthehawk is a splendid one to beholdrocknthehawk is a splendid one to beholdrocknthehawk is a splendid one to beholdrocknthehawk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCurtis
First off I'd like to thank 1517 for providing us with batteries, as our robot was a wicked power hog, seeing as we managed to trip the 120 amp fuse in the final 20 seconds of Finals Match 3. If anyone has any footage of any elimination matches I'd love to see it. Also thanks to our awesome alliance partners for helping us put on the show we did. 1519, you blew me away last season, and unsurprisingly did it again, and 133 thanks for mentoring us and letting us pick you.

After this regional, it seems all shooters are the way to go. It also seems the camera is far often more trouble than its worth (case in point: 172 took off their entire shooting mechanism and replaced it with a hopper because they couldn't get it to work). 296, I really wanted to meet you on the field, as you guys had one powerhouse of an alliance, but there's always next year. 40, you guys had an incredible autonomous routine, as did 319 and 1100. 562 and 549 are really good at the lower goals. 1721 is an incredible rookie, I have no doubt that they'll be back, bigger and better in 2007.

Congratulations Andy Grady on your WFA!

Thanks to all the event staff for putting it on this incredible event. It really was a great time.

thanks a lot! We were extremely excited to win the GM Industrial Design award, and we were glad our great friends from Monty Tech won an award also. We actually work together fairly often.

Your team had an awesome robot!
  #23   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-06-2006, 11:31 AM
AKA: Baker
FRC #1100 (algonquin tomahawks (T-Hawks))
Team Role: Mechanical

button boy 1100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to button boy 1100
BAE Stuff!!!

hey this is for all of the teams that went to the BAE SYSTEMS Granite State Regional, in Manchester, NH...
i want all of your opinions of team 1100
also i would like as many pictures of the kid with all the buttons and beads who also wore a native american head dress (A.K.A: me)!!!
  #24   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-06-2006, 11:53 AM
Forward.
no team

Rookie Year: 1999
Jessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BAE Stuff!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by button boy 1100
hey this is for all of the teams that went to the BAE SYSTEMS Granite State Regional, in Manchester, NH...
i want all of your opinions of team 1100
also i would like as many pictures of the kid with all the buttons and beads who also wore a native american head dress (A.K.A: me)!!!
MOD NOTE: Merged into the main BAE thread.

I would also like to mention that a picture of you was on the front page of the Union Leader on Sunday. You may want to call up the office and get a copy.
Advisor, NE FIRST
  #25   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-06-2006, 06:56 PM
The special mentor on the team.
AKA: Joe
FRC #0703 (Phoenix)
Team Role: College Student

POLISH703 has a spectacular aura aboutPOLISH703 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to POLISH703

Quote:
Me too.

Why don't we all upload the videos with the author as "FIRST Robotics 2006", that way we'll all know what to search under. Qualify teams, regionals, and other stuff in the general information box.

--Petey
It would be nice to search videos by team number.
  #26   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Got my degree and ready for more!
AKA: Dan
FRC #0166 (Chop Shop)

InfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond repute

BAE's very own Woodie Flower's Award winner... in a dress

http://images12.fotki.com/v242/photo...SC07511-vi.jpg

It's a fundraiser we hold where we auction off guys to anyone who wants to make them up. They get dressed up all nice then they go out and pan handle.

Hilarious.
  #27   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-06-2006, 09:25 PM
AKA: Ben Gagne
FRC #0195
Team Role: Alumni

BoyWithCape195 has a brilliant futureBoyWithCape195 has a brilliant futureBoyWithCape195 has a brilliant futureBoyWithCape195 has a brilliant futureBoyWithCape195 has a brilliant futureBoyWithCape195 has a brilliant futureBoyWithCape195 has a brilliant futureBoyWithCape195 has a brilliant futureBoyWithCape195 has a brilliant futureBoyWithCape195 has a brilliant futureBoyWithCape195 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to BoyWithCape195

This video is just a little reminder to everyone that no matter what you think, you are always being watched at a robotics competition...
(BAE)

http://www.zippyvideos.com/7349795034148446/baerandom/
2007 UTC New England Regional Champions (1124 and 558)
2007 UTC GM Industrial Design
2006 International Championship Finalist (25 and 968)
2006 Newton Division Champions (25 and 968)
2006 Championship Innovation in Control Award
2006 UTC Quarterfinalist (236 and 230)
2006 UTC Innovation in Control Award
2005 Curie Division Quarterfinalists (703 and 234)
2005 UTC Semifinalist (228 and 236)
2004 UTC Entrepreneurship Award
2004 New Jersey Semifinalists (173 and 11)
2004 New Jersey Sportsmanship Award

Last edited by BoyWithCape195 : 03-06-2006 at 09:38 PM.
  #28   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-06-2006, 09:40 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
I'm done being quiet!
FRC #0131

Rookie Year: 1995
Andy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andy Grady

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoX14
BAE's very own Woodie Flower's Award winner... in a dress

http://images12.fotki.com/v242/photo...SC07511-vi.jpg

It's a fundraiser we hold where we auction off guys to anyone who wants to make them up. They get dressed up all nice then they go out and pan handle.

Hilarious.
You guys are mean!

Yes, I did it, I admit...

The things I will do for my region...though I promise you, my dress up days are over!
  #29   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-06-2006, 10:32 PM
VEX Robotics Education Mgr.
no team (Formerly 103 & 1712. Now U.P. Robotics (other programs))

Rookie Year: 2001
Rich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rich Kressly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Grady
You guys are mean!

Yes, I did it, I admit...

The things I will do for my region...though I promise you, my dress up days are over!

Now that we've picked on Andy, would anyone like to post his wonderful story over here: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=45026

Education Manager, VEX Robotics, Inc.
  #30   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Engineer
#0562 (SPARK 562)

jeremy562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to jeremy562

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknthehawk
thanks a lot! We were extremely excited to win the GM Industrial Design award, and we were glad our great friends from Monty Tech won an award also. We actually work together fairly often.

Your team had an awesome robot!
Congratulations on your award. 562 was psyched to win the Motorola Quality Award. Long live the "noodle drive"!

Our mini-scrimmages the past couple of years at Monty Tech and Leominster High were lots of fun, and a great opportunity to work out the final bugs and get some driving practice.

2006 BAE Granite State Regional: Finalists with 319 and 176
2006 BAE Granite State Regional: Winners of Motorola Quality Award
2004 BAE Granite State Regional: 7th Seed
2004 Mayhem on the Merrimack Champions! Thanks, 61 and 1289!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: