OCCRA
Go to Post Sleep? What this you talk about. I never can sleep the night before kick-off. - midway78224 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Announcements
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2006, 10:29 PM
Brandon Martus's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
busy.
AKA: B. Slash Kamen
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
Brandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon Martus Send a message via AIM to Brandon Martus Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon Martus Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon Martus
CD-Media

I'm enabling CD-Media .. things may show errors or be generally screwy for the next 30-60 minutes. Bear with me.

CD-Media is up! Finally!

I think it was last June when I made an announcement, letting you know that the days of not being able to search the white papers and picture galleries was over! 9 months later, ta-da.

First, I'll answer some FAQ:

Q: Is it done?
A: It is in a state that more than replaces the current photo/paper system.

Q: Can I use it?
A: Please do -- the old ones are gone.

Q: What if I find a problem?
A: Send me a PM with a detailed description of what you were doing, what browser you are using, what OS, and any information you can provide. Exact error messages are extremely helpful.

Q: How do I edit information?
A: If you uploaded the image/paper, then you can edit it. Click the title, description, or excerpt and the edit form will appear. Click 'Save' or 'Cancel' and you're done.

Q: What's a tag?
A: There is a bunch of info about tags in the FAQ (link up top). A tag is basically a keyword (or very small phrase) that will help group similar images, and make things very easily searchable. You can add a tag by clicking the tag button ().

Q: How do I get a Who-Am-I picture?
A: Upload an image. Give it the "Who Am I?" tag (double-quotes are required). Click the nametag ().

Q: How do I change my Who-Am-I?
A: Click the nametag () on any of your images, tagged with "Who Am I?".

Q: I see an incorrect tag -- what do I do?
A: Click the vote button (). Four unanimous votes pushes the change .. otherwise majority rules after 2 weeks (time/amt subject to change).

Q: What is the naming scheme for tagging a team (or team's bot) that appears in a picture?
A: frc47 .. frc234 .. frc229 .. frc111 .. fll25 .. fvc23 .. etc.

I have a lot of improvements and enhancements planned, but I wanted to get this out and start getting some feedback, bug reports, and make life easier when searching for things.

A few of the features that are new or improved, compared to the old systems:
1) Upload multiple images at a time.
2) Attach multiple files to a white paper, without having to zip them up.
3) Searching.
4) Tagging.

What now?

Tagging.
The White Papers are in desperate need of tagging.

Voting. Keep an eye on new tags .. when voting is available, the icon will show up. I will make a page, eventually, that you can visit to vote on pending tags.

Feedback & Suggestions. Let me know what is confusing, what needs improvements, what you like, what you don't like, what's broken, etc.

Improvements:

1) Already, I see that the tag cloud (the list of tags, where the more common ones are larger) is going to need to change. I wasn't thinking when I did it, and will be redesigning it tomorrow night. It kind of works, but not really.

2) When creating the square (small) thumbnails, it may chop it weird -- I'm working on a 're-thumbnail' option that lets you choose whether to take the sqaure chunk at the top, middle, or bottom of the image.

Last edited by Brandon Martus : 03-08-2006 at 12:43 AM.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Impossible to rain on my parade.
FRC #1902 (Exploding Bacon)

Rookie Year: 2003
Barry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Barry Bonzack Send a message via Skype™ to Barry Bonzack
Re: CD-Media

Well that would answer a few questions. Thanks for all the work even late at night. Keep it up, can't wait for CD-Media to be in full swing.

Jan 12, Emceeing at FTC at University High School
Jan 26, Emceeing FTC Pinellas League Championship Seminole High School in Tampa
Feb 2, Emceeing FTC Tesla League Championship at Cocoa Beach High School
Mar 2, Emceeing FTC State Championship at Embry Riddle Aeronautics University in Daytona
Mar 3, Volunteering for FLL State Championship at UCF in Orlando
Mar 7-9, Announcing FRC Orlando regional
Mar 29-30 Announcing FRC South Florida Regional
Apr 24-27 FTC World Championship in St. Louis
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2006, 10:58 PM
DC Robotics
FRC #2914 (Tiger Pride)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
Wetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Wetzel

Is that where the Who-Am-I pictures went?

EDIT:"CD-Media and old photo/papers are off while i import.. --brandon"
Guess so.

Wetzel
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2006, 11:01 PM
busy.
no team

Brandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon Martus Send a message via AIM to Brandon Martus Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon Martus Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon Martus

Yes. It's missing on purpose, but it looks like I accidentally lost the who-am-i data also .. I'm going to try my best to get it back. (your newest who-am-i will be set, you can always change it in CD-Media, so .. no biggie.)
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-08-2006, 01:59 AM
Grammar Curmudgeon
AKA: gwross
FRC #0330 (Beach 'Bots)

Greg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Greg Ross Send a message via Yahoo to Greg Ross

I added tags to http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/photos/20681 (frc841 and "Regional Chairman's Award") and they showed up as hyphens!

(Should this be in the "Forum Help / Comments / Suggestions" sub-forum, now that CD-Media is live?)
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" Hunter S. Thompson
"Playing a practical joke means doing something mean and calling it funny." Me
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-08-2006, 05:34 AM
My Gaming Is FIRST!
AKA: Joey
FRC #0862 (Lightning Robotics)
Team Role: Coach

Joe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Joe J.

Brandon,

CD-Media looks great!!
Thank You for ALL your hard work!!

#7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-08-2006, 05:55 AM
FRC #0237

JohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond repute

I like it. Way cool, Brandon
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-08-2006, 06:33 AM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Lets do this....
FRC #2848 (All-sparks)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2002
Greg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Greg Needel Send a message via Skype™ to Greg Needel

so i am really digging the fact that everyone's wai photo reverted to the first one that they updated....i mean look at big mikes (when he was little mike, which is still bigger then big Greg). Just wondering if everyone has to go in and change them or you can do a system wide setting and change them.

Greg
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-08-2006, 06:37 AM
Let the MAYHEM begin!
FRC #1519 (Mechanical Mayhem)

Rookie Year: 2005
Ken Streeter has a reputation beyond reputeKen Streeter has a reputation beyond reputeKen Streeter has a reputation beyond reputeKen Streeter has a reputation beyond reputeKen Streeter has a reputation beyond reputeKen Streeter has a reputation beyond reputeKen Streeter has a reputation beyond reputeKen Streeter has a reputation beyond reputeKen Streeter has a reputation beyond reputeKen Streeter has a reputation beyond reputeKen Streeter has a reputation beyond repute

Tags -- these are a cool new feature, but it looks like there are still a few bugs to work out.

I tried to add the tag "frc663" to the photo at http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/photos/23495 but it instead results in a "-" being added to the tag list. I see that others have had similar problems on other photos.
2011, 2010, 2006 Granite State Regional Winners with teams 175 & 176, 1073 & 1058, and 1276 & 133
Team 1519 Video Gallery - including Chairman's Video, and the infamous "Speed Racer!"
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-08-2006, 06:39 AM
My Gaming Is FIRST!
AKA: Joey
FRC #0862 (Lightning Robotics)
Team Role: Coach

Joe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Joe J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachStreeter

I tried to add the tag "frc663" to the photo at http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/photos/23495 but it instead results in a "-" being added to the tag list. I see that others have had similar problems on other photos.
This has happened to me trying to tag several pics "frc862" & "frc465"

#11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-08-2006, 06:41 AM
Let the MAYHEM begin!
FRC #1519 (Mechanical Mayhem)

Rookie Year: 2005
Ken Streeter has a reputation beyond reputeKen Streeter has a reputation beyond reputeKen Streeter has a reputation beyond reputeKen Streeter has a reputation beyond reputeKen Streeter has a reputation beyond reputeKen Streeter has a reputation beyond reputeKen Streeter has a reputation beyond reputeKen Streeter has a reputation beyond reputeKen Streeter has a reputation beyond reputeKen Streeter has a reputation beyond reputeKen Streeter has a reputation beyond repute

Another tag quirk -- the photo at http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/photos/23472 was incorrectly tagged with "frc1296" but I don't see any way to delete the incorrect tag.
2011, 2010, 2006 Granite State Regional Winners with teams 175 & 176, 1073 & 1058, and 1276 & 133
Team 1519 Video Gallery - including Chairman's Video, and the infamous "Speed Racer!"
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-08-2006, 07:03 AM
RoboShow Producer
AKA: DJ Royal Fusion
no team (RoboShow)

Rookie Year: 1999
Swan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond reputeSwan217 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Swan217

Quote:
Tags -- these are a cool new feature, but it looks like there are still a few bugs to work out.

Something to add about this, it seems to be connected to tags that were already added. For example, FRC111 would appear, because there have already been pictures with it tagged, while FRC217 would appear as a "-" because the tag doesn't exist yet(?)

::Update Edit:: Now FRC217 works as a tag. Maybe it takes a few seconds to get into the system? Still had to retag all of the "-" tags though.

Follow us on Twitter @RoboShowLive and check out our website, www.theroboshow.net

"As president, I believe that robotics can inspire young people to pursue science and engineering. And I also want to keep an eye on those robots in case they try anything."
— President Barack Obama

Last edited by Swan217 : 03-08-2006 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Update
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-08-2006, 07:14 AM
I REALLY want to be Andy Baker
FRC #1018 (RoboDevils)

Stu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Stu Bloom Send a message via Yahoo to Stu Bloom Send a message via Skype™ to Stu Bloom

Quote:
Another tag quirk -- the photo at http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/photos/23472 was incorrectly tagged with "frc1296" but I don't see any way to delete the incorrect tag.
If you go to the item's page and click on the little voting button in the tag window you can "vote" on the validity of that tag. As Brandon mentioned in his FAQ (above) -
Quote:
Four unanimous votes pushes the change .. otherwise majority rules after 2 weeks (time/amt subject to change).
FIRST Team 1018 - Pike HS RoboDevils
My activity for 2012:
  • Boilermaker planning committee
  • Israel Head Ref - DONE (and it was FANTASTIC!)
  • Boilermaker Regional (with 1018) - DONE
  • Midwest Head Ref - DONE
  • WORLD Championships (with 1018) - DONE
  • IRI Head Ref - DONE
  • CAGE Match Head Ref
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-08-2006, 07:15 AM
I REALLY want to be Andy Baker
FRC #1018 (RoboDevils)

Stu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Stu Bloom Send a message via Yahoo to Stu Bloom Send a message via Skype™ to Stu Bloom

Oh yeah ... and Brandon ...

FANTASTIC JOB!! This is a great enhancement - I love it!
FIRST Team 1018 - Pike HS RoboDevils
My activity for 2012:
  • Boilermaker planning committee
  • Israel Head Ref - DONE (and it was FANTASTIC!)
  • Boilermaker Regional (with 1018) - DONE
  • Midwest Head Ref - DONE
  • WORLD Championships (with 1018) - DONE
  • IRI Head Ref - DONE
  • CAGE Match Head Ref
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-08-2006, 07:19 AM
busy.
no team

I just fixed the '-' .. I'll have to hunt down how that got in the system, and why the system started using it.

To remove invalid tags, you have to either vote them down (), or initate a voting sequence by clicking the little trash can next to them ().

Old Who-Am-I pictures .. whoops. Should be fixed now.

Bugs: using this thread works, for now.

More Tag FAQ:

• Dispite their length, we are going to tag regionals with at least 4 tags. This will help group/browse by a specific regional, a specific year of that regional, and all regionals.

-- 'Regional Name'
    -- 'Regional Name Year'
    -- 'regional'
    -- 'year'

For example:

"Great Lakes Regional" regional 2005 "Great Lakes Regional 2005"
  • Team numbers must be preceeded by 'frc' 'fll' 'fvc' .. ie: frc47 frc111 frc234 frc45

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: