Go to Post Re: New to programming, any tips? Join the mechanical team :) - IndySam [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > CAD > Inventor
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-26-2002, 09:13 AM
#0288 (the RoboDawgs)

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Don
Purdue and U of Michigan students listen up!

Alright, I'm in a little of a predicament (is that spelled right?). I've exasperated all the CAD resources that my school has to offer and next year I plan to head off to the local community college to take some more CAD courses. The thing is, I have the choice betweening learning Mechanical Desktop or Pro-engineer. I know that our platinum sponsor (X-Rite) has Pro-engineer and it's pretty cool, but at $20,000 a seat I don't think I'll get much out of school use for it. As opposed to Mech. Desktop which I have at my school, so I can use it there.
So here's the deal, I'm almost 100% sure that after next year I'll be enrolling in either U of Mich or Purdue. I have no idea what CAD system they generally use. I think I heard someone say that U of M uses IDEAS, but that doesn't help me much.
Of course even if you don't/haven't gone to these schools, all suggestions are welcome.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-26-2002, 07:58 PM
'The' drive behind the drive
None #0226 (TEC CReW Hammerheads)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1999
Matt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond repute
At Purdue we used alot of AutoCad and some ProE. You can also get ProDesktop Express for free from PTC or sometimes PTC gives out free seats to robot creaters (ie. Battlebots) if you display thier logo.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-27-2002, 08:46 PM
#0288 (the RoboDawgs)

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Don
Thanks! That's extremely helpful. What is ProDesktop like? is it similar to ProE?
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: