OCCRA
Go to Post In 2012, we built our best machine ever. Some visitors to our pit were visibly disappointed to find that our machine was a pile of extruded aluminum and urethane belting, just cleverly arranged and programmed. - OZ_341 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > CD Forum Support
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-27-2002, 07:12 PM
#0596 (SciClones)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2001
Adrian Wong is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Adrian Wong
Differences in Source?

I have been using the Mozilla browser almost exclusively these last few days, and I visited ChiefDelphi.com without any problems. The HTML rendering worked fine, everything was just dandy.

I noticed a very interesting difference today, though, when I went to reply to a thread. The text area of the message reply was smaller. Much smaller. I looked in the HTML source for an answer, and I found that the source code generated by vBulletin is different for Internet Explorer and Mozilla. I'm not sure if you have a behind-the-scenes browser sniffer, but it is working.

The differences between the two sources are minor, usually just an extra line of blankspace here and there. When we get to the text input area, however, the actual tag attributes are different. For IE, the message textarea has a 70 column width. Mozilla has a 40 column width.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-27-2002, 07:23 PM
Brandon Martus's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
busy.
AKA: B. Slash Kamen
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
Brandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon Martus Send a message via AIM to Brandon Martus Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon Martus Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon Martus
Yeah, the code determines what browser you are using, and figures out how big to make the textarea... since the browsers don't always render the sizes the same.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: