OCCRA
Go to Post Clearly they're releasing the game hint on 12/21/12 because they know the world's going to end, and they want to keep FIRSTers happy and distracted until the very end. - Kevin Sevcik [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Regional Competitions
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-10-2006, 11:57 AM
Andy Baker's Avatar Woodie Flowers Award
President, AndyMark, Inc.
FRC #3940 (CyberTooth)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1998
Andy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andy Baker
2006 St. Louis Regional

Suprisingly, there it not yet a St. Louis regional thread.

How are things going in the STL?

Who is looking good?

Andy B.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-10-2006, 12:01 PM
Ricky Q.'s Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
yee haw!
FRC #0148 (Robowranglers)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
Ricky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Q.
Re: 2006 St. Louis Regional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Baker
Suprisingly, there it not yet a St. Louis regional thread.

How are things going in the STL?

Who is looking good?

Andy B.
I was just checking STL out.

Looks like 71 is leading the pack (3-0).

http://www2.usfirst.org/2006comp/Eve.../rankings.html
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-10-2006, 02:10 PM
Now comes without cockiness.
AKA: Corn Dog
FRC #0125
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2003
Corey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Corey Balint

Anyone got any pics of 71 yet?
Don't be scared to post something that is more than "dave is great" "here's my caption contest entry" and "overdrive is the best thing ever". Say something interesting. Say something that will make others think. Create discussion.
If you do say something that isn't just for fun or praising something, which hopefully you do, just be prepared to back up what you said.

Remember: GP is Gracious Professionalism, not Glorifiying Plesantries. Saying something negative does not mean you are evil. It could help someone out a lot.

Anything that I post is an opinion from my own mind. Some may agree with it, others may not. However do not negatively associate anyone else, including any team I work with, with my opinion.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-10-2006, 09:33 PM
Formerly a Winnovator
AKA: Alec Hill
FRC #3617 (Cold Logic)

Rookie Year: 2005
hillale is a splendid one to beholdhillale is a splendid one to beholdhillale is a splendid one to beholdhillale is a splendid one to beholdhillale is a splendid one to beholdhillale is a splendid one to beholdhillale is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to hillale Send a message via Skype™ to hillale

keep an eye on 1625, they're making an amazing comeback
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-10-2006, 10:42 PM
Team 930 and 171 Alumni
AKA: Justin
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Gamer930 is a splendid one to beholdGamer930 is a splendid one to beholdGamer930 is a splendid one to beholdGamer930 is a splendid one to beholdGamer930 is a splendid one to beholdGamer930 is a splendid one to beholdGamer930 is a splendid one to beholdGamer930 is a splendid one to behold

Hummmmmm. Update from St. Louis:

There is a small handful of teams that can actually shoot. I can count them on one hand.

On my other hand and and one foot I can count the teams that are designed for the 1 point goals and can do it well.

The rest of the robot are running around playing defence by getting in other people's way.

Auto Modes are improving as people are getting more practice.

Field situation. They are staying right on time. There was a couple times they had to reset the field because of field malfunction but it seems a lot less then VCU. (including the timer hitting the go button or something and a robot almost running over the Announcer that was standing there)

This is a easy competition for the field to get behind schedule but when they do they are making up for taking shorter time announcing the teams for the next match.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2006, 10:55 AM
Support STEM Education
FRC #3301 (Jay County Robotics)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2004
Kyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Balint
Anyone got any pics of 71 yet?

I second.

Kyle Love
Teams I've been on:
Team 45 - The TechnoKats - Student/Leader/Driver 2004-2007
Team 1646 - Boiler Precision Guessworks - Mentor 2007-2011
Team 3301 - Jay County Robotics - Teacher 2011-Present

#7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2006, 04:23 PM
Ricky Q.'s Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
yee haw!
FRC #0148 (Robowranglers)

Ricky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Q.

Word out of STL is that 71, 537, and 547...the #2 alliance has won. Beating 1288, 16, and 1873.

Congrats guys!
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Formerly of 1653
FRC #1984

kawelch is a splendid one to beholdkawelch is a splendid one to beholdkawelch is a splendid one to beholdkawelch is a splendid one to beholdkawelch is a splendid one to beholdkawelch is a splendid one to beholdkawelch is a splendid one to behold

And 71 got Chairman's

Congrats
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Team 107 Holland Christian / Metal
None #0107 (Team Robotics)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 1997
Jim Schaddelee has much to be proud ofJim Schaddelee has much to be proud ofJim Schaddelee has much to be proud ofJim Schaddelee has much to be proud ofJim Schaddelee has much to be proud ofJim Schaddelee has much to be proud ofJim Schaddelee has much to be proud ofJim Schaddelee has much to be proud of

Could someone please !! ,post a pic of team 71 and a few words about thier strenghts and weekness ,if any.

Thank You
Jim schaddelee
Team 107
2005 West michigan Champs with 93 and 66
2005 Johnson & Johnson sportsmanship (west michigan)
2005 web site award
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2006, 06:46 PM
I live for the details.
FRC #3620 (Average Joes)

Rookie Year: 1996
Richard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Schaddelee
Could someone please !! ,post a pic of team 71 and a few words about thier strenghts and weekness ,if any.

Thank You
Jim schaddelee
Team 107
I don't have pix of the Beast. I did have the honor of inspecting 71's robot at St. Louis, and later of watching them in the tournament from field-side. A powerful swerve-drive chassis, good ball sweeping and HP loading capability, and an accurate high shooter. In the semis (against an alliance that included my team) they racked up 7 or 8 three-pointers in autonomous and went on to trounce us.

From the inspector's point of view, the Beast is an impressive creature this year. Very solid, very effective. And although the team kept adding parts all day on Thursday (and were therefore one of the last to complete inspection) the robot never seemed to gain any weight!

Congratulations to 547, 71, and 537 for a well earned regional victory and to 71 for the regional Chairman's award. We'd love to see you back in St. Louis any time.
Mentor since 2002 for FRC 931 Perpetual Chaos (St. Louis, Missouri)
since 2003

I believe in intuition and inspiration. Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution. It is, strictly speaking, a real factor in scientific research.
(Cosmic Religion : With Other Opinions and Aphorisms (1931) by Albert Einstein, p. 97

Last edited by Richard Wallace : 03-12-2006 at 06:37 AM.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2006, 07:10 PM
I live for the details.
FRC #3620 (Average Joes)

Rookie Year: 1996
Richard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations also to finalists 1288, 16, 1873. 1288 Francis Howell Schools is one of our local favorites: they were the second highest seeded local team at St. Louis this year, and won both the Website Award and a Judges' Award. The Bomb Squad displayed their usual exemplary GP in ways too numerous to list here, and were awesome competitors as well. 1873 was especially impressive on both ends of the field; many of us enjoyed watching the rookies go after the Beast and accomplish what few other teams could -- slowing them down for a while!

Congrats also to 1444 Lutheran South for another strong competitive showing as #3 seed and semifinalist, the highest among local teams in our region, and on the Sportsmanship Award. And thanks especially for picking my team as a tournament alliance partner!

And special congratulations to Mr. Frank Dressel, founding teacher-coach of team 931 Perpetual Chaos, and the 2006 St. Louis Regional Woody Flowers Award finalist.

I'd also like to tell everyone on CD that I am very proud of my team, 931, winners of the 2006 St. Louis Regional Engineering Inspiration Award!
Mentor since 2002 for FRC 931 Perpetual Chaos (St. Louis, Missouri)
since 2003

I believe in intuition and inspiration. Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution. It is, strictly speaking, a real factor in scientific research.
(Cosmic Religion : With Other Opinions and Aphorisms (1931) by Albert Einstein, p. 97

Last edited by Richard Wallace : 03-12-2006 at 06:50 AM. Reason: sp
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2006, 07:26 PM
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Bharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Bharat Nain Send a message via MSN to Bharat Nain

Congrats 71, 537, and 547 for the regional win. And huge congrats to 71 for the Chairmans - Well done - ENJOY!

Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2006, 12:06 AM
In Theory, Our Robot Would Own.
FRC #1706
Team Role: Driver

Idaman323 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup, St. Louis regionals were definatly intense. What ever happened to 1625 (Winnovation) I thought that thing was for sure going to win. I guess those new strategies worked out. Congrats guys!

Im still trying to remember what 71 looked like. Those were some tough teams. And just watch out for 1706 next year. Our first two years wern't too good... but just wait hehe.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2006, 09:05 PM
FRC #0547 (F.E.A.R (Falcon Engineering And Robotics))

Rookie Year: 2001
Mike Rozar is an unknown quantity at this point

On behalf of 547 Team F.E.A.R., a big thanks to our alliance partners 71 and 537. You were awesome!

Congrats to teams 16, 1288, and 1873. You were worthy opponents.

547 is looking forward to the Championship in Atlanta.....

Mike

2001 VCU Rookie All Star
2001 National Rookie All Star
2002 KSC Delphi Driving Tomorrows Technolgy
2002 Newton Quarter Finalist
2003 St. Louis GM Industrial Design
2003 Archimedes Finalist (47, 201, 547)
2004 St. Louis Chairman's Award
2005 Gret Lakes Judges Award
2006 St. Louis Winner (547, 71, 537)
...and the journey continues
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2006, 09:29 PM
pretty little words.
AKA: Mike Wong
FRC #0469 (Las Guerillas)
Team Role: Mechanical

shamuwong is a splendid one to beholdshamuwong is a splendid one to beholdshamuwong is a splendid one to beholdshamuwong is a splendid one to beholdshamuwong is a splendid one to beholdshamuwong is a splendid one to beholdshamuwong is a splendid one to behold

I can't believe it's Sunday night and there aren't any pictures of 71 yet.

Does anybody have them? I can't sleep!

Maybe it's better off that way, I have a bunch of tests to study for.

Suspense for pictures of Beatty are a good study aid.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: