OCCRA
Go to Post if we aren't here for some wisdom...what are we here for? - Molten [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Math and Science > NASA Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2006, 06:19 PM
∆o□
AKA: The Burmanator
FRC #0075 (Roboraiders)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2003
Alex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Alex Burman Send a message via MSN to Alex Burman Send a message via Yahoo to Alex Burman
Funding pulled from Hubbel

http://www.space.com/news/hubble_budget_050121.html
I just wanted to know what everyone thought of this

I personally am sad to see it go, but I hope its loss will make room for bigger and better things such as the missions to the moon and mars.

For those who don't know what Hubble is all about you can see here: http://hubblesite.org/

www.Roboraiders.com
http://www.myspace.com/burmanator
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Curmudgeon
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta)

Rookie Year: 1996
dlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Funding pulled from Hubbel

I hope you realize that article is from January 2005.

Funding for the servicing mission was restored to the 2006 budget, and planning is underway.
"I know what you're thinking, punk," hissed Wordy Harry to his new editor, "you're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' - and to tell the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement; but being as this is English, the most powerful language in the world, whose subtle nuances will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' - well do you, punk?"
- Stuart Vasepuru, 2006 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest

My OTHER CAR is still on Mars!!!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2006, 07:08 PM
∆o□
AKA: The Burmanator
FRC #0075 (Roboraiders)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2003
Alex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud ofAlex Burman has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Alex Burman Send a message via MSN to Alex Burman Send a message via Yahoo to Alex Burman

I did not realize that, thanks for letting me know.

www.Roboraiders.com
http://www.myspace.com/burmanator
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2006, 08:01 PM
no team
Team Role: Engineer

KenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond repute

Nasa is sending a much larger telescope into orbit around the sun - I think its orbit will be between mars and Jupiter, and the sensitivity of this new 'telescope array' will make Hubbel look like something left over from the 20th century.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: