Go to Post You guys can send [Wisconsin] some warm Florida weather, its getting cold up here again. - Ricky Q. [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2006, 08:51 PM
It's all about the math.
AKA: Nick Lee
FRC #0696

fabbuki is a jewel in the roughfabbuki is a jewel in the roughfabbuki is a jewel in the rough
Inspirational photos

Hey guys,

Post your inspirational FIRST photos here, you know, the ones you took at any regional.

Here's one of mine:

Inspiring America's Youth.

Imagine the caption "Inspiration. FIRST." in the corner and BAM, you've got a sweet poster!

Last edited by fabbuki : 03-27-2006 at 08:54 PM.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2006, 09:08 PM
3 Fs..... Fun Friends FIRST!!
AKA: Imad
FRC #0612
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2005
RoboMadi has a brilliant futureRoboMadi has a brilliant futureRoboMadi has a brilliant futureRoboMadi has a brilliant futureRoboMadi has a brilliant futureRoboMadi has a brilliant futureRoboMadi has a brilliant futureRoboMadi has a brilliant futureRoboMadi has a brilliant futureRoboMadi has a brilliant futureRoboMadi has a brilliant future
Re: Inspirational photos

holding Chairmans Trophy as a Team Captain was a dream. And it came true this year..... For the first time in the history of Chantilly Robotics, our team was able to win the Chairmans Award; a hard work by all the members, well paid.
FIRST Robotics has changed my life dramatically. Two years ago when i stepped on JFK i had no idea which way to go. But now after two years, as a Captain of Team 612, i know my way, "to make this world a better place with my knowledge."
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2006, 09:12 PM
Fire Hazard
AKA: Daniel Lin
FRC #0401 (Hokie Guard)
Team Role: Programmer

geeknerd99 has much to be proud ofgeeknerd99 has much to be proud ofgeeknerd99 has much to be proud ofgeeknerd99 has much to be proud ofgeeknerd99 has much to be proud ofgeeknerd99 has much to be proud ofgeeknerd99 has much to be proud ofgeeknerd99 has much to be proud ofgeeknerd99 has much to be proud ofgeeknerd99 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to geeknerd99 Send a message via MSN to geeknerd99 Send a message via Yahoo to geeknerd99

Very nice. Looking back at VCU, I wasn't looking for shots of this nature, yet I realize now that there was a lot more behind the scenes than just raw competition.

Ironically, you've inspired me to take a different stance as to what I'll be looking for at Atlanta: less robots, more humans.

For the time being, this is all I can muster

#4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2006, 09:21 PM
DON'T PANIC
AKA: John G
FRC #0271 (Mechanical Marauders)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2004
Towel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Towel Send a message via MSN to Towel Send a message via Yahoo to Towel

This one was the best I could find.

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/44272...wMLKEBd9vPEAzU
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2006, 09:25 PM
no team
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2004
kayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond reputekayla13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kayla13 Send a message via MSN to kayla13

I have to find it, but there is an amazing picture of when I walked off the field after we received our second place metals when a 772 mentor came up and hugged me, sort of showing how FIRST really brings people together.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2006, 09:31 PM
Serial Volunteer
AKA: Ed Patterson
FRC #0191 (X-Cats)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute

http://robotphotos.org/v/first/champ...02_1A.jpg.html
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2006, 09:32 PM
AKA: Andrew Neilson
FRC #0772 (Sabre Bytes)

neilsonster is a name known to allneilsonster is a name known to allneilsonster is a name known to allneilsonster is a name known to allneilsonster is a name known to allneilsonster is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to neilsonster

This is Steven Li.. a founding member of team 772 who is *the* only reason there is still a team today. The picture is taken on his final day of competition as a student with FIRST Robotics, in the Georgia Dome in Atlanta last April. Not even a month before this picture was taken all of the graduating students believed we had ended our careers as students of FIRST on a somewhat uneventful note in Mississauga. I don't think anyone could have asked for a better place to finish it off!

Last edited by Brandon Martus : 01-16-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: removed malware link
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2006, 09:34 PM
I AM CANADIAN! (Je suis Canadien)
AKA: Oliver Mutton
FRC #1006 (Port Perry Robotics)
Team Role: Leadership

omutton is a name known to allomutton is a name known to allomutton is a name known to allomutton is a name known to allomutton is a name known to allomutton is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to omutton Send a message via MSN to omutton

Here's one of me and our lead teacher from the 2006 Arizona Regional. It could fall into the category of "mentor & student celebrating their team's first regional win EVER"

The look on our mentor's face says it all......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	smith oliver AZ.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	4170  
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2006, 09:37 PM
AKA: Cory McBride
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Cory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Cory

I can't find it anymore, but the picture that used to be on the FIRST homepage of the Wildstang drive team right after winning nationals in 2003.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Now at sub 14's in a 5000lb vehicle
AKA: Maher Attallah
FRC #0005 (Robocards)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2000
Matt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Matt Attallah Send a message via MSN to Matt Attallah Send a message via Yahoo to Matt Attallah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko Ed
I have a few picture of the 2003 Nats when they put out the paper confetti and I have that picture on my Tool Box. Keeps me going when I need that little bit of help!
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2006, 10:30 PM
FRC 812/3476 Mentor
AKA: George
FRC #0812 (Midnight Mechanics)
Team Role: Mentor

DCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabbuki
Hey guys,

Post your inspirational FIRST photos here, you know, the ones you took at any regional.

Here's one of mine:

Inspiring America's Youth.

Imagine the caption "Inspiration. FIRST." in the corner and BAM, you've got a sweet poster!
That's such a cute picture. And for those who don't know, that's Mark Abrams daughter, Mark being one of the judge's at Southern California.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
FRC #3683

Rookie Year: 1998
Ian Mackenzie has a reputation beyond reputeIan Mackenzie has a reputation beyond reputeIan Mackenzie has a reputation beyond reputeIan Mackenzie has a reputation beyond reputeIan Mackenzie has a reputation beyond reputeIan Mackenzie has a reputation beyond reputeIan Mackenzie has a reputation beyond reputeIan Mackenzie has a reputation beyond reputeIan Mackenzie has a reputation beyond reputeIan Mackenzie has a reputation beyond reputeIan Mackenzie has a reputation beyond repute

Here are a couple of my favourites...the first is from the Great Lakes Regional in 2002, and the second is from the Canadian Regional (now the Greater Toronto Regional) in 2004.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	drivers1.jpg
Views:	706
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	4171  Click image for larger version

Name:	drivers2.jpg
Views:	747
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	4172  
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2006, 11:02 PM
<-- Safety first!
FRC #0842 (Falcon Robotics)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2006
s_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond reputes_forbes has a reputation beyond repute

This is inspirational to me. I think 753 has too much pushing power...

This also inspired the new strategy of "Stay away from the ramp Steven Forbes!"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tipped.jpg
Views:	806
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	4173  

2006-2010: NERDS..........1726
2010: Turbulence............3194
2011-?: Falcon Robotics...842

Check out "Babs" the underwater robot --- and some neat robot videos
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2006, 11:04 PM
back to school ;-)
FRC #0696 (Circuit Breakers)
Team Role: Teacher

sanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond repute

Student Mechanical Leader and Driver, Team 696 Circuit Breakers, 2002-2004

Support Team 696 on DonorsChoose!
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2006, 11:25 PM
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2000
Clark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory
I can't find it anymore, but the picture that used to be on the FIRST homepage of the Wildstang drive team right after winning nationals in 2003.
Is it this one?
http://www.wildstang.org/main/images..._111.thumb.jpg

I've always liked this photo that David Kelly uploaded awhile back.

Last edited by Clark Gilbert : 03-27-2006 at 11:28 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: