Go to Post I think I'm going to need a 12 step program to help cure me from my Cryptic Dave Lavery Chief Delphi Post Analyzation Disorder I got goin' on here. - Elgin Clock [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2006, 01:38 AM
www.TwoPencilDesigns.com
AKA: Grizz, Twinkletoes, PitBull1126
FRC #1405
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
Alex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Alex Cormier
pic: GTR QTR-Finals

Two Pencil Designs - Vinyl Graphics, Bumper Numbers, and Strategy Items!
Like us on Facebook & follow us on Twitter
Facebook.com/TwoPencilDesigns & TwoPencilDesign
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2006, 01:40 AM
Alum
AKA: Rafi Ahmed
FRC #0004 (Team Element)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
raf4far has a spectacular aura aboutraf4far has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to raf4far Send a message via MSN to raf4far Send a message via Skype™ to raf4far
Re: pic: GTR QTR-Finals

Yea I remember that match. Hey does anyone have a picture of us going on the ramp in auto mode in the first quaterfinal match?
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2006, 06:54 AM
Jno
FRC #0610 (Crescent Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2004
Jonathan Norris has a reputation beyond reputeJonathan Norris has a reputation beyond reputeJonathan Norris has a reputation beyond reputeJonathan Norris has a reputation beyond reputeJonathan Norris has a reputation beyond reputeJonathan Norris has a reputation beyond reputeJonathan Norris has a reputation beyond reputeJonathan Norris has a reputation beyond reputeJonathan Norris has a reputation beyond reputeJonathan Norris has a reputation beyond reputeJonathan Norris has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jonathan Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by raf4far
Yea I remember that match. Hey does anyone have a picture of us going on the ramp in auto mode in the first quaterfinal match?
I have some video of the matches which I will try and get up this weekend.
K-Botics Team 2809 Founding Mentor ('09-'11)
Queen's University Mechanical Engineering, Applied Science '11

Crescent Robotics Team 610 Alumni
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2006, 09:22 AM
Since 2001.
FRC #0078

Rookie Year: 2001
Tim Delles has a reputation beyond reputeTim Delles has a reputation beyond reputeTim Delles has a reputation beyond reputeTim Delles has a reputation beyond reputeTim Delles has a reputation beyond reputeTim Delles has a reputation beyond reputeTim Delles has a reputation beyond reputeTim Delles has a reputation beyond reputeTim Delles has a reputation beyond reputeTim Delles has a reputation beyond reputeTim Delles has a reputation beyond repute

Okay for those that weren't at GTR what makes this picture so great is that this is at the end of automode.

Team 4 autonomously climbed the ramped.
Team 703 tried to climb the ramp, but hit team 4 and rolled back down the ramp missing all but 1 or 2 of there shots.
2010 - 2011: FRC Team 3280 - Rhode Rebels
2001 - 2009: FRC Team 229 - Division By Zero
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2006, 12:06 PM
Karthik's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Achievement through enthusiasm
FRC #1114 (Simbotics)

Rookie Year: 1998
Karthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Delles
Okay for those that weren't at GTR what makes this picture so great is that this is at the end of automode.

Team 4 autonomously climbed the ramped.
Team 703 tried to climb the ramp, but hit team 4 and rolled back down the ramp missing all but 1 or 2 of there shots.
It was even better than this.

Team 4's robot didn't arrive at the GTR until late on Friday. The team was competing using a kitbot they built on Thursday. They only played on qualifying match with their original robot. So going into the eliminations rounds, very few people new what to expect from them. (Obviously the scouts from 217 & 229 had an idea, great pick guys...)

All weekend long, 703 was scoring balls at will. They were the highest scoring team at the regional, even ahead of 1114. The key to there success was being on top of the ramp. If left undefended, 703 could easily score 30+ balls in a match, starting with 10 in autonomous mode. To stop 703 you needed to get someone up on the ramp before them.

So, at the start of this match most people were expecting 4 to take a run at 703 in auto, to try and knock them off course. Well, the crowd was in for a surprise when Team 4 drove straight up the ramp and into the spot where 703 wanted to be. The sheer speed that 4 moved with was just amazing. The crowd went wild, as they realized they were in for a treat. The intensity level jumped about three notches after that moment, and stayed up there for the remainder of the afternoon.

That was definitely one of the coolest moments that I've witnessed at a FIRST competition.
"Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm" -- R.W. Emerson
"What lies before us and what lies behind us are small matters compared to what lies within us. And when we bring what is within out into the world, miracles happen" -- R.W. Emerson
My TEDx Talk - The Subtle Secrets of Success
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2006, 01:53 PM
The Elec. Guy with the Spikey Hair
AKA: Joseph
FRC #0004 (Element)
Team Role: Electrical

jDee_shaRpie will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jDee_shaRpie

KARTHIK!!! That had to be the best explanation of any part of a match ive ever read, EVER! It gave me the chills when i read the thing! I remember the second I saw that happen, I SCREAMED and Jumped out of my chair, along with the rest of the team and crowd. Intense
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2006, 03:13 PM
www.TwoPencilDesigns.com
AKA: Grizz, Twinkletoes, PitBull1126
FRC #1405

Alex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Alex Cormier

Quote:
Originally Posted by raf4far
I believe so. Look under the members area>FIRST Robotics>Alex Cormier on www.robotphotos.org

Two Pencil Designs - Vinyl Graphics, Bumper Numbers, and Strategy Items!
Like us on Facebook & follow us on Twitter
Facebook.com/TwoPencilDesigns & TwoPencilDesign
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Old
AKA: Jack Nowakowski
no team

Rookie Year: 2005
JackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to JackN Send a message via Skype™ to JackN

The same thing happen at Buckeye when the #6 aliance sent 1018 to hit them on the ramp. It was SF match 2, after the Kil-o-Bytes had broken and couldn't play. It was an excellent strategy. 1018 stopped them in auto and 141 sat the whole match on the ramp.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: