OCCRA
Go to Post Many students I have met will insist that nothing is better than FIRST robotics. And most people would agree that a ham sandwich is better than nothing. So does it logically follow that a ham sandwich is better than FIRST robotics? - tsaksa [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 70 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
  #1621   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-20-2009, 10:57 PM
AKA: Andy
FRC #2928
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1994
ay2b has a brilliant futureay2b has a brilliant futureay2b has a brilliant futureay2b has a brilliant futureay2b has a brilliant futureay2b has a brilliant futureay2b has a brilliant futureay2b has a brilliant futureay2b has a brilliant futureay2b has a brilliant futureay2b has a brilliant future
Re: You know you've overdosed on FIRST when...

...you've been to numerous distant cities, but you've never actually seen the city, because you spend all your time there in one or two buildings and the hotel.

2011 - SD Quarterfinalists (980), LA Quarterfinalists (980)
2010 - LA (2404) Finalists (980), AZ Motorola Quality (980)
2009 - LA Semifinalists (980); Las Vegas Quarterfinalists (980); SD (2404); IRI #1 Seed, Finalist (980)
2008 - SD Quarterfinalists (980), LA Champions (980), LA Rookie Inspiration Award (2404); CalGames Finalists
2007 - So.Cal Finalists (980), SD Quarterfinalists (980); CalGames Finalists
2006 - So.Cal Regional Champion (4), Toronto Judge's Award Day 1 (4)
2005 - SVR Champions, Delphi "Driving Tomorrow's Technology" (980); AZ Xerox Creativity (980); So.Cal Finalists, RadioShack Innovation in Control (980); Championship Archimedes Division Semifinalists; IRI Finalists (980)
2004 - So.Cal Regional Champions, Leadership in Controls (980); AZ GM Industrial Design (980); Championship Galileo Division #2 Seed; IRI Champions
2003 - PNW Semi-finalists (488)
2002 - PNW Finalists (488)
2000 - X-bot / 488 - Mentor / Founder
1994 - Sunny Delight - Driver - champion
  #1622   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-21-2009, 12:15 AM
AKA: Zeno Le Héricy
FRC #2915 (Riverdale Robotics Pandamonium)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2000
ZInventor is just really niceZInventor is just really niceZInventor is just really niceZInventor is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilGrohnke2013 View Post
...You text everyone in your contacts (all the ones that weren't in Atlanta) in all caps saying OMG WE GOT OUR ROBOT SIGNED BY DEAN KAMEN AND WOODIE FLOWERS! then your friends send you back 10 question marks.

really we did get it signed by both of them. the team decided we are framing our polycarbonate that they signed i will put a picture up soon!
we also got dean and Woodie's signatures, and paul's, and Doc T's (CEO NI), and Mark's...

instead of framing the lexan sheet, we plan on transferring it from robot to robot each year (a practice that dean and Woodie approved of when told about it.)

will post pictures soon...

also,

you know you've overdosed on FIRST when...

you successful confuse a top NASA telecommunications engineer with a MATH PROBLEM (look at the bottom of http://www.riverdalerobotics.com for the formula)

when your team mentors point out witch parts of the plane they designed on the flights to and from Atlanta (we are lucky to have 3 Boeing mentors!)

when as you go through airport security, you realize that you left a pair of CALIPERS in your backpack, along with a coupple pairs of pliers! DOH...

then, you notice a guy with a full socket wrench set and immediately know he's a FIRSTer too...
  #1623   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-21-2009, 01:26 AM
Animation Wiz and Scouting Master
FRC #0668 (The Apes of Wrath)

Rookie Year: 2005
MarySheridan is an unknown quantity at this point

You know you're overdosed on FIRST when...
-you cry when the season is over
-when you realize your college is 3 hours away from your team and you decide to transfer
-when all you talk about after spring break is robotics and you are called a "robotics whore"
  #1624   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-21-2009, 03:13 AM
All Your Base Are Belong to FIRST
AKA: Avery-John Domingo
FRC #2445 (RoboKAP)

Rookie Year: 2008
kapolavery is a splendid one to beholdkapolavery is a splendid one to beholdkapolavery is a splendid one to beholdkapolavery is a splendid one to beholdkapolavery is a splendid one to beholdkapolavery is a splendid one to beholdkapolavery is a splendid one to beholdkapolavery is a splendid one to behold

...when your own parents tell you to shut up about robotics and block your computer from going on chief delpho

...when everything starts looking like a robot

...when your own parents tell you that if you dont stop talking about FIRST, they threaten to send you to a community college (not that anything is wrong with that.. its more economical IMO)

#1625   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-21-2009, 07:43 AM
FRC #0135 (Penn Robotics)

Rookie Year: 1998
Team 135 will become famous soon enough

When someone steps in front of you in the hall and you yell out "10 points, impeding" more than a year after that game.
  #1626   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-21-2009, 08:05 AM
With Upmost Efficiency
AKA: Eric DelSanto
FRC #1676 (Pascack Pioneers)

Rookie Year: 2007
delsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to delsaner

Sorry if these are repeated...

...when you hear a kid say "oink oink" and you say in your head "BOOM!"

...when you are learning about galileo, and you start cheering "GALI-LEO!"
(or any other of the division names)

...when you overhear someone talking about a chairman, and you start cheering hysterically.

...when you go to the store, and the total price is a team number you recognize.
  #1627   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-21-2009, 09:07 AM
1086's SUPERMONKEY!
AKA: "Petrie"
FRC #1086 (Blue Cheese)
Team Role: Human Player

Rookie Year: 2009
Shelabot is on a distinguished road

Is everyone copying all the things from page 1 and posting them here? I'm having major deja vu...
  #1628   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Work harder, do better.
AKA: Pinecone
FRC #2791 (Shaker Robotics) (EWCP)

Rookie Year: 2006
Chris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Chris is me

When you see a tye-dye shirt and look for the WildStang logo.

This actually happened to me.
2013 WPI Regional #1 Seed / Delphi Excellence in Engineering / Finalists (with 20, 3182), BAE Motorola Quality
2012 BAE Imagery / Finalists (with 1519, 885), CT Xerox Creativity / Semifinalists (with 2168, 118)

Proud 1714 Alumnus (2009) - 2009 Minnesota 10,000 Lakes Regional Champions (with 2826, 2470)
2791 Build Season Photo Gallery - Look here for mechanism photos
My Robotics Blog (Updated April 11 2014)
  #1629   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Mentor, still learning
AKA: James Temple
no team (EWCP)
Team Role: College Student

AcesJames has a reputation beyond reputeAcesJames has a reputation beyond reputeAcesJames has a reputation beyond reputeAcesJames has a reputation beyond reputeAcesJames has a reputation beyond reputeAcesJames has a reputation beyond reputeAcesJames has a reputation beyond reputeAcesJames has a reputation beyond reputeAcesJames has a reputation beyond reputeAcesJames has a reputation beyond reputeAcesJames has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to AcesJames Send a message via MSN to AcesJames Send a message via Skype™ to AcesJames

When you find yourself thinking up amazing team alliances in your spare time

When you open a word document and try to list every team in your state, in order

When you think back upon the year's Dean Speeches, and try to critique them

When the season is over, but you're still making revisions to the past year's robot

When you find yourself still txting the girl you met at robo prom.

When you call a girl at school a robo ho, and expect everyone else to know what that means.
  #1630   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Work harder, do better.
AKA: Pinecone
FRC #2791 (Shaker Robotics) (EWCP)

Rookie Year: 2006
Chris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Chris is me

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsaner View Post
...when you go to the store, and the total price is a team number you recognize.
Funny story. On my way to my first meeting with this strange FRC team that was going to help me rebuild an FTC robot for Atlanta 08, my family got some Burger King, and the price of the meal came out to $17.14. Then I found out that was the team's number ^_^

Every other time I go to McDonald's my price comes out to $5.37. Go Chargers!

When you spend your study halls on Chief Delphi learning about all the robots in your division.
2013 WPI Regional #1 Seed / Delphi Excellence in Engineering / Finalists (with 20, 3182), BAE Motorola Quality
2012 BAE Imagery / Finalists (with 1519, 885), CT Xerox Creativity / Semifinalists (with 2168, 118)

Proud 1714 Alumnus (2009) - 2009 Minnesota 10,000 Lakes Regional Champions (with 2826, 2470)
2791 Build Season Photo Gallery - Look here for mechanism photos
My Robotics Blog (Updated April 11 2014)
  #1631   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-21-2009, 07:48 PM
in between teams
AKA: Luke Van Oort
no team

Rookie Year: 2005
lukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond reputelukevanoort has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to lukevanoort

I was intending to google Andy Timmons (he is a guitarist if you aren't familiar), but instead typed AndyMark...
  #1632   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-21-2009, 08:16 PM
FRC #1771 (N.G.R.)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2009
mikelowry is a name known to allmikelowry is a name known to allmikelowry is a name known to allmikelowry is a name known to allmikelowry is a name known to allmikelowry is a name known to all

a member of our team actually got order number 1771 at burger king, and then a couple weeks later, another member paid $17.71 for food at wendy's

2008 Xerox Creativity Award - Championships
2009 Rockwell Automation Innovation in Control award - Peachtree
2009 GM Industrial Design Award - Palmetto
2009 Palmetto Champions <1771 2415 21>
  #1633   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Technological Treehugger
AKA: Marshal Finley
FRC #2164 (The Corps.)

Finleym is an unknown quantity at this point

When you ask to do the model that you made of this year's robot for your reverse engineering project in IED (Introduction to Engineering Design).

Unfortunately the teacher (who is also one of our Robotics Instructors/Coaches) said no because there were too many parts, he didn't want me disassembling the bot, and he didn't want to grade that large/complex of a product.
2008-2009: Greater Kansas City Regional: Finalists (Lost to GKC Champs). Colorado Regional: Semi-Finalists (Lost to Colorado Champs)
  #1634   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
people expediter on Team Kluge
AKA: Jenny Beatty, no relation
no team (they are all my teams)

Rookie Year: 2002
RoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond reputeRoboMom has a reputation beyond repute

When I receive an official FIRST email with the word "crapet" and think it is yet another new word added to the Lunacy lingo this year before realizing it is just a typo and they meant carpet.
This is How I Work: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/papers/2862
  #1635   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Custom User Title
FRC #0125 (NUTRONS) (EWCP)

Rookie Year: 2000
Andrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond repute

When you debate making bingo boards out of commonly used words and phrases from Lunacy. (1/6th gravity, Crater, Lunar Surface, unloading...)

Planning to top a 4 banner year...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: